[Archive] Pyro's Iron Warriors: Obliterator WIP

Pyro Stick:

Ive always wanted a Chaos Space Marines army and a few months ago i decided to start an Iron Warriors army. Then i found out that they were no longer part of the CSM codex…

But i didnt really care so i kept on with building my army. Afterall, i only wanted a 500-1000 point army so i wasnt going to have to spend that much money. Its still quite a hard army to get though. You have to buy the metal components off of ebay and they dont come on very often. I traded for a few on bartertown and i set to work. I only have 2 IW’s completed so far since ive been working on the Rhino for a while, and since i bought Reinforced Armour and Iron Warrior doors from FW, i decided it would be best to take my time with it. Its almost finished and if i get a chance to sit down and paint within the next few days then i will be able to finish it.

Models completed so far:

Glueing that Autocannon guy together was the most stressful thing i have ever had to do…

Whats left to do:

• Start on the Warsmith

• Finish the Sorceror

• Complete 2 Squads of Iron Warriors

• Complete 2 Obliterators

• Finish the Rhino

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Lovely army I to making a iron warriors army

And can I ask why would the iron warriors need Sorcerors? unless they were iron sorcerors

Pyro Stick:

If you read Storm of Iron, the IW’s have a sorceror. And i had already bought this sorceror cause i thought it looked awesome way before i even thought of starting an IW army.

This sorceror even looks like it was made for Iron Warrior armies

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Nifty so far! You might want to increase the thickness of the yellow stripes though, to make them look more like an actual warning sign. How are you going to paint the bases?

If you read Storm of Iron, the IW's have a sorceror. And i had already bought this sorceror cause i thought it looked awesome way before i even thought of starting an IW army.

This sorceror even looks like it was made for Iron Warrior armies

Pyro Stick
Ah yes! it does

the only IW book I've read have been Dead sky,black sun and it seens to have no sorcerors in it

demonicprince20:

Iron Warriors are awesome. I was sad when they were taken out. But hey I still have my world eaters army Xb

Pyro Stick:

Iron Warriors are awesome. I was sad when they were taken out. But hey I still have my world eaters army Xb

demonicprince20
Im still hoping they will get their own codex one day. Hopefully they will get a few more unique models as well, like IW Terminators (like are on the front of the Storm of Iron book)

wallacer:

I’m fairly ignorant of 40k, but I have to say your stuff does look pretty cool.

I feel particularly bad for you since you now have both a Fantasy and a 40k army with no army list for their current rules editions.

Pyro Stick:

Nifty so far! You might want to increase the thickness of the yellow stripes though, to make them look more like an actual warning sign. How are you going to paint the bases?

Ishkur Cinderhat
Ill keep that in mind. Painting chevrons is harder than it looks, especially when its on a curved surface. There two were really just tester models to try and work out a colour scheme. I dont know how im going to do the bases yet. Any ides? I might go for a snow theme?
I'm fairly ignorant of 40k, but I have to say your stuff does look pretty cool.
I feel particularly bad for you since you now have both a Fantasy and a 40k army with no army list for their current rules editions.

wallacer
lol i never realised that before. Its not that bad though. I still have 4 other perfectly legal armies.

slev:

Technically, IWs are leagal as just a Chaos Marine army. Just need to use “counts as” on a few of the more wibbly models like Iron Fsthers and such.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Never mind those “legal or not legal” discussions. As long as you play with your friends and not in tournaments, you can still use the old rules. In our gaming group we are even currently thinking about starting some pre-heresy armies using the previous SM codex and the 30k rules set from BoLS. :slight_smile:

slev:

sounds cool. Marines on Jetbikes, Assault Marines with Flight packs…

Pyro Stick:

Finished this guy during the painting marathon:

I will be sure to retake pic 1 as its too blurry.

AGPO:

Pah! Iron Warriors, weren’t they the guys that got stomped again and again by Dorn and his drinking buddies? I have plenty of experience painting chevrons on dead iron warriors (the only good kind) and the trick isto paint the yellow first. You’ll really struggle to get a good coverage over black so reundercoat that area white first.

Pyro Stick:

Pah! Iron Warriors, weren't they the guys that got stomped again and again by Dorn and his drinking buddies? I have plenty of experience painting chevrons on dead iron warriors (the only good kind) and the trick isto paint the yellow first. You'll really struggle to get a good coverage over black so reundercoat that area white first.

AGPO
I usually do do that but i couldnt find my skull white.

Anyway, stop complaining about Iron Warriors!! They are awesome! I dont care about some random fluff that you could of made up lol!

Ishkur Cinderhat:

In any way that’s a mighty beautiful plasma marine there, Pyro. Where’s the helmet from? Does that come in the IW squad box or is it a conversion? The silver horns are a nice touch.

Pyro Stick:

In any way that's a mighty beautiful plasma marine there, Pyro. Where's the helmet from? Does that come in the IW squad box or is it a conversion? The silver horns are a nice touch.

Ishkur Cinderhat
Its just one of the normal Iron Warrior helmets. They were still available from the GW online store last time i checked.

Aw you make me want to buy some IW but I need to finish my O&G army first they look so cool

clam:

Great work Pyro - love the lighting effect on the plasma gun - very effective :hat off

Kera foehunter:

great job pyro!! i like the paint job