[Archive] Rant: GW Staffers

WarplockMonkey:

For example with the halo 3 game. Most people i know bought the game and tried to complete it as soon as they could. I hardly ever complete a video game, i like to enjoy the game rather than rush to complete it. With them if you didnt complete it in at least 3 days you were subject to jives and acusations of unworthy game play.

In other words - "What? You havnt finished halo? God your sh*t!"

I don’t own a 360, so i didnt even get chance to complete it!

gIL^:

halo is crap

AGPO:

Very constructive gIl^, thanks for that

as far as sword fighting goes . . . i have a foam sword from when i did aikido (although aikido is an open handed swordsmans martial art using a sword can be a part of it)

torn
Awesome Torn! What style of Aikido did you do? I dabbled in Aikido beofre but its not my main style. I’ve done sone sword work as well - Kumdo to be precise. Great fun isn’t it?
Wilmark-

I play rugby under 15s, and at 6 foot 1 and 190 pounds, i dont get that many people messing with me either! :slight_smile:

WarplockMonkey
The greatest sprot on God’s earth! What position did you play - were ytou a forward or a pretty boy?
I agree When I play video games its an empty feeling when you are done, because at the end of it there is nothing to really show for it.

Willmark
Quite true. Painting also improves finite co-ordination, the army lists and victory points improve your mental maths skills

and if you find a good club or forum its also a very social hobby. Yet we for some reason have a far worse image than videogamers

Willmark:

halo is crap

gIL^
Or over hyped. Or at the very least marketed very well.
The greatest sprot on God's earth! What position did you play - were ytou a forward or a pretty boy?
a good club or forum its also a very social hobby. Yet we for some reason have a far worse image than videogamers

AGPO
Maybe for you ;) As it is thou Australian Rules Football might be the most violent.

AGPO:

You’ve clearly never seen the Gaelic Games. Gaelic football (from which Aussie rules is derived) and hurling are only surpassed by international rules - used when an all Ireland Gaelic football side and the Aussie rules side get together and start a fight at Croke park. Irish sport FTW!

Pyro Stick:

When referring to Gaelic in an Irish way refer to it as IRISH Gaelic. There is a massive difference between Scottish and Irish Gaelic. Its a Scottish thing anyway.

Willmark:

Another great sport Lacrosse. Its a sport derived from the Native Americans of the the NE. Think hockey on grass where you get to use sticks to pummel the he’ll out of the other team. Scoring seems to be an afterthought sometimes I’d seems.

WarplockMonkey:

AGPO -

I play second row! *HAAAROOOOH!!!*Although, i have been off for a few months because of a broken collarbone, so i havn’t played in a while!

Im always taking the mick out of my best mate, who’s a football (soccer for non-british folk) player ,for being too girly

IMHO,football’s alot like andrex - soft and over priced!

Although, i have been off for a few months because of a broken collarbone, so i havn’t played in a while!

Willmark:

Warplock-

Understand the bit about football (soccer). I used to play it and I have to tell you, over here it is NEVER going to take off. Americans only half pay attention to the World Cup. If it did catch on here are the things that would need to change in order for it to happen:

1) Scoring. The casual fan in the US has no patience for this. 0-0 is not the best thing to watch.
2) Diving. If Americans have no patience for no scoring they have even less for a player taking a dive.
3) If no scoring and diving weren’t enough the numerous “injuries” that are somehow miraculously recovered from after writhing around on the ground in hopes of drawing a foul is enough to stop and wonder.

Don’t get me wrong I think its a great game, but at the international level its more akin to acting.

Malificant:

not to mention here in america we are fans of the “long ball”. if you cant score from the other half of the field, what’s the point?

like farve’s 83 yard touch down a few weeks ago…

cornixt:

You forgot about the “Only one break in a 90 minute game? How do you rest? Where do the commercials go? Only 3 subs in the whole game?” American sport is built around the advertising and high turn-over of players. Even Ice Hockey has people complaining about a whole 20 minutes per session. They can’t even begin to comprehend cricket.

Willmark:

Many atheltes have commented that the Stanley Cup playoffs might be the most grueling tournament in all of sports. To win Lord Stanley’s mug a team could potentially have to play 28 extra games in addition to the 81 game schedule… Wow!

zagor66:

American football is my favorite sport , and have begun training with a local team , Dallas Cowboys are the best.ahem sorry.:cheers

Ghrask Dragh:

IMHO,football's alot like andrex - soft and over priced!
There are alot of problems with pro' football, *~#^%"@ idiots diving about the place like little girls being one of them :mad, but I play in a pub league, if your american just imagine all your mates from different bars around your area playing competitive games against each other, we have played about 11 games and none of them have ended without a fight! It's no where near as rough as pro rugby but the pub leagues are not far off I can asure you.
All the best with your collar bone Warplock :cheers I did that once, a branch fell on my shoulder :o

Wasn't this thread about GW staffers :D

Willmark:

Follow the Linky!

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5668

Malificant:

i also hate when you can walk in a store(or call the roolzboyz) two different times and get 2 different answers to a rules question based on the tone of voice you use.

“if the customer is always right, then my boltthrowers hit on a 1+, re-rollable…”

Willmark:

In that case I’d tell them I want everyting in the store for 10,000 pesos, thats like a dollar fifty to you and me.

Lord Zarkov:

lol,

or 1,000,000 Turkish Lira (worth 50p IIRC)