[Archive] RE: Hypnotic CHD --> Taur'uk

Sticklander:

Superb detail on the infernal guard!

Again, they’re all floating on their own patch of rock, amongst magma!

hypnotix:

Don’t worry they got 5+ ward for that :wink: But seriously, you are right, for one unit its odd. I didnt knew that they will be so hard to possition in ranks. I had to number them to fit in a unit, so I could make biger rocks and split them on several bases, knowing that they will rank up the same every time. I ll do that in the future when I ll finish all models.

Photobucket works again so here are runes:

BABIS:

I really like those shoulder pads ^^

Sticklander:

Don't worry they got 5+ ward for that ;) But seriously, you are right, for one unit its odd. I didnt knew that they will be so hard to possition in ranks. I had to number them to fit in a unit, so I could make biger rocks and split them on several bases, knowing that they will rank up the same every time. I ll do that in the future when I ll finish all models.

hypnotix
How true! haha ;)

It's alright, I think it gives them character, I like it! I imagine them hopping on rocks through a river of magma, towards the enemy..

Yodrin:

I really like those shoulder pads ^^

BABIS
+1, and ofc the runes!!

hypnotix:

Deatshriker is ready, here are some photos. Got less free time lately, so painting goes slower.

At the end all models painted so far with WIP deamonsmith.

Admiral:

That looks mighty.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed:

Great work! I really like the Destroyer conversion and the unit shoulder pads, very cool

Yodrin:

Looks very cool, great work!!!

Bloodbeard:

Super great army shot. That’s what a destroyer should be like. Over the top, large and able to crush everything underneath it!

Lava looks awesome. They sure must be happy for their blackshard armour - walking around on all that lava.

hypnotix:

My latest work, demonsmiths and tray for IG. What do you think about smoke from furnace backpack? I wanted to try this efect before iron daemon.

I know I suck at taking photos, either light is too strong or too low, but cant do it better :wink:

kekenda:

Try to make smoke with PU foam,its perfect for it,here’s a picture how it looks like,later you can paint it however you like.

hypnotix:

Hmm… I might try it but I was looking for more “faint” evect. One you showed is very heavy smoke.

Yodrin:

Your IG unit looks great, they really pop!!!

Bloodbeard:

The runes on the IG shields still amaze me - really really cool effect.

I like the oven on the back of the daemonsmith. What kind of foam/sponge did you use for the fire? It’s looks good.

I’ve been using green flock with super glue as smoke on my hellcannon - and planed on using teddybear intestines for my steam guar. But I think your version will look better. God paint job on the oven!

hypnotix:

It is ordinary kitchen sponge, sprayed black paint and with hairspray to make it stiffer.

Sticklander:

I really like the dark silver used for their scale armour! Was that drybrushed on?

hypnotix:

Their armour are painted differently. First one just got black undercoat, drybrushed with runefang steel at the edges. I wanted black armour effect with scratched edges. Picture may not showing it properly becouse of the flash. Again it was test ground before iron daemon. Second one got it the same like rest scale armours in the army. Boltgun metal -> badab black wash -> runefang steel highlight.

hypnotix:

Iron daemon is ready. Please comment. I am thinking about repainting front blades to normal metal.

Yodrin:

Like the colors over all, but I think I agree about changing the colors on the spikes in the front, and maybe on the wheels. I think the ID looks better with a “cleaner” look, maybe its only me:=)