[Archive] Resin Chaos Dwarf conversion packs for use with GW plastics?

gIL^:

Yeah, I mised out the word "film" for some reason, edited it in there now.

cornixt
ZOMG WHERE GOING TO TEH JAILS COS WE MADE BIG HATS OUT OF MACDONALD STRAWS AND PUSH PINS OOO NOOO!

:hat off < this guy has been sued

anyway i wish you hope and if yo do this i want the first batch please!!!

call them Frawd Soahc they will never notice

gIL^:

i dont see why everyone is going crazy.

make the kits and chuck them on ebay we buy them game over, if you have a feeling there catching up change your ebay addy. call them something weird like “vintage hero quest model 1987” dont show the mini

have an ftp to tell us when they will appear. you guys wouldn’t even need a site and then you can keep this site safe to.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well working in such a way may not exactly be the best idea for a flourishing online community. :wink:

Lord Zarkov:

Well working in such a way may not exactly be the best idea for a flourishing online community. ;)

Ishkur Cinderhat
agreed

Willmark:

Almost as bad as Cornix and his torrents idea :wink:

Grimstonefire:

I think the best idea is complete resin/ metal models.��Simple.

From my best guesses, a resin dwarf sized model would cost around 50p, plus the cost of making the mould itself (say �7.50 for 4 dwarfs).��Thats doing it yourself.

For metal models, it could be in the region of �140 just to get the mould(s), then around 40p per model.��That would be 8 models per mould (via a contract caster)

So it wouldn’t be that expensive to make them as complete models rather than conversion kits.

Of course then you couldn’t use them in tournies etc.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Making moulds for metal models is pretty much the same as making moulds for resin models. It’s just a different type of silicone rubber, but I can’t remember if mine was more expensive than the silicone that I use for my resin casts at the moment.

These rubber moulds may not be suitable for huge amounts of casts, but I don’t think we’re talking about that anyway. :wink: Professionals of course will use a centrifuge for mass produced metal casts, which would make the whole thing more expensive.

I have yet to calculate how many miniatures can be made with 1kg of resin, but I think Grims numbers might be very realistic.

cornixt:

Almost as bad as Cornix and his torrents idea ;)

Willmark
I wasn't suggesting that anyone do it, just that it would be nice if they did :~

BLOOD AXE:

Is there any information here, like a tutorial, step by step of making your own molds/casting figs?? Like what Ishkur has done, for personal use. Doesn’t even have to be a GW fig. Just some solid info…a “how to” guide.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

How about using google? ^^

BLOOD AXE:

How about using google? ^^

Ishkur Cinderhat
Ok, thanks. I'll try that. I figured maybe someone here could point me in the right direction,if they already knew of something.

Grimstonefire:

@BA

Check this out

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5759

AGPO:

As Grim said the best way forward is to make complete models. IP is kinda awkward in the world of fantasy though, because with the early stuff, writers were filching stuff left right and centre. So unless GW can prove that that sculpt you are selling is a Warhammer Dwarf Slayer and not a dwarf berzerker with mohican (sp?) then theres not a lot they can say. Likewise the 8 pointed star was used as a symbol of chaos by Michael Moorcock long before GW existed. Runes of Hashut are obviously GW original so are out. As long as you keep stuff like this in mind then selling your “dark dwarves” on ebay would be fine and it would be complete coincidence if they had curly persian beards and people used them as chaos dwarfs. You just make models damnit