[Archive] Robot k'daai destroyer ideas

Da Crusha:

hi guys I want a k’daai destroyer model but I want it to be the robot demon type. I have looked around a bit on the forum and decided to make a list of figures people are using and would like more ideas if anybody has any. one guy that I was thinking about using is the golden army soldier from hellboy. it is approx 7" tall from what Ive read online. also I really like the soulgrinder model.

grimstonefire is going to use this Khador Collossus

fonejaker and aka_mythos use this iron monger, iron man toy and is about 7" tall

also noticed fattdex and barth making one out of a soul grinder

(I had to link this one because the pic was just way too big)

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh128/fattdex/?action=view¤t=IMAG0904.jpg

also noticed a defiler might make a good one with some conversion work

like I said earlier post any suggestions you might have.

Discoking:

There’s also this which has been mentioned in another thread:

A Slaughterer from FW.

Discoking:

I want my Destroyer to be more mechanical…

But the picture in the book is more animalistic…

So I’m going for a “Flaming Bull” look.

However, I would still like it to stay true to the fluff.

How would I go about adding “mechanisation”?

tjub:

bas_2312:

Ooh I like the Forgeworld Ork thing!

I also really like the Hellboy figure, although it’s not really detailed. It would be great as a base, but would need a lot of work…

Da Crusha:

@discoking: not sure. its a difficult transition between animal>deamon>robot

@tjub: nice find. is that a forgeworld model?

@bas_2312: at first I really liked the hellboy figure but Im not a big fan of the face. it doesnt look much at all like the one from the movie. I think I would use the defiler head without the horns instead (it looks more like a metallic skeleton head). where would you suggest to add detail?

my favorites are between the standing defiler conversion, iron man and the hellboy figure so far.

bas_2312:

@bas_2312: at first I really liked the hellboy figure but Im not a big fan of the face. it doesnt look much at all like the one from the movie. I think I would use the defiler head without the horns instead (it looks more like a metallic skeleton head). where would you suggest to add detail?

Da Crusha
Yeah, I'd remove the head and the armourplates on the arms, and work from that.

If I would use that model, I'd make him look like a Giant Chaos Dwarf. So maybe add some scale mail to his legs, because his hips look way too fragile. I think some rivets would be a great way to add some more detail, and stuff like Chaos stars and arrows. Giant shoulderpads, and ofcourse a very big hat ^^

You could even add a Chaos Dwarf to his shoulders or hat who's controlling him!

Ack... Now I want to buy the model, and it's way to expensive for me right now :|

tjub:

@Da Crusha: Jepp, its a Forge World Mega Dread. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/ORK-MEGA-DREAD.html

vulcanologist:

Cool! Some great ideas!

Da Crusha:

in another thread I noticed fonejaker mention using the NRG from ben10, so I looked into it a bit and it seems there are a few action figures available. one in 15mm and another in 10mm. it is lacking a bit of detail but I thought I would add it to the list anyway.

JonJon:

Thank for the pictures I thought painting the. Aracnock spider metal might work

Jon

Da Crusha:

I’d like to see that if you make it. I thought about using the aracnoroks legs as a base for a demon.

I spent a couple of hours searching for suitable toys at the mall and toys r us today. there are a lot of transformer toys that can potentially do well, but I think my favorite was the lego bionic robot toys. I think I might just go with the soul grinder. Im liking that one the most right now. my gf doesnt like it though, she says the legs are too mechanical.

JonJon:

The problem is I already painted the big spider and I like how I painted it,I was considering the bionical stuff to but Im on the fence. Its buy some toys that might work or the Doom cannon. Still have the fireglaves to paint so I have some leeway time wise but not sure

Jon

Da Crusha:

I completely forgot about the kollosus’ people were making before the indy gt book came out. I did some searching and found some more cool ideas.

here is some comcept art by alfract

one bazil posted a link on

Heres the thread to find out more about this awesome conversion

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?102229-Iron-Warriors-uber-bang-bang-death-army&highlight=iron%20warriors

loki’s conversion from an orc deffdread

tjub and thorne use this scotia grendel model. they can be found here

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=47_57&sort=20a&page=2

smoke plumes from armorcast

Method:

Here is my Destroyer.

Donnie the Destroyer.

deadlydeceiver:

W-w-what’s that?

That’s the first robot destroyer that doesn’t look too much 40k to me.

(Althogh I’m not going for a robot approach with mine)

DD

Bassman:

W-w-what's that?

That's the first robot destroyer that doesn't look too much 40k to me.
(Althogh I'm not going for a robot approach with mine)

DD

deadlydeceiver
yes! What's that? :o

JonJon:

Very difrent but very nice

Jon

bas_2312:

Woww… I need to own that mini! ^^

It’s only missing a Big Hat, but that can be solved…

Zuh-Khinie:

It’s a limited edition dwarven titan from some small-scale spanish company if I remember correctly… I was lucky enough to buy one a few years ago for Shakhorth’s birthday.

There was a pilot for it as well.

more pictures: Resin Addict Forum • View topic - Knight titans