[Archive] Rykarth the Unbreakable!

Xander:

http://nemesis.us.games-workshop.com/hobby/gaming/usscenarios/drampersonae/default.htm

Rykarth the Unbreakable. Known for his Toughness, Rykarth is said to be among the most courageous of his kind. This Chaos Dwarf hero was present in the forges of Zharr Naggrund when Archaon brokered his deal for the dreaded Hellcannons. It is said that Rykarth was able to meet the withering gaze of the Lord of the End Times without looking away. A few moments later, Archaon agreed to the exorbitant price demanded by the forge lords.

Updated Version:
Rykarth the Unbreakable. Known for his Toughness, Rykarth is said to be among the most courageous of his kind. He has faced many a canny and powerful foe and always triumphed. In a race of stout-hearted and disciplined warriors, Rykarth is viewed as a paragon of Chaos Dwarfen toughness, resolve, and cunning.

Chaos Dwarf Hero (60)
Great Weapon (4)
Armor of Gazrakh (30)
Cost: 94

Special Ability in Nemesis Crown Mega Battles: If Rykarth is included in a Chaos Dwarf army in a Nemesis Crown Mega Battle, the army may not include a Battle Standard Bearer. Instead, Rykarth counts as a Battle Standard Bearer, such is the respect and discipline he commands from his fellow Chaos Dwarfs.

Chaos Dwarfs

oboudd:

Well at least they gave us somthing,I still think they should make us a army book.Comeon they make us a speacal character but not a army book.

metro_gnome:

hes very good…
not only do you get the 25 point BSB upgrade for FREE…
hes a S6 BSB… i usually settled for S4 on my BSB…

shame theres no pic for him tho…

hal:

If he counts as BSB does that mean that your opponent can get +100 VPs?

He is very good and it’s nice to see the first CD update in so many years.

Uzkul Werit:

I’d say no. He counts as a BSB, he isn’t exactly one.

We finally have our champion!

The Dark One:

we get a charector, YEH

he’s not bad either

Hashut’s Blessing:

I’ll certainly take him if I get the chance… Always useful…

metro_gnome:

i dont know about that uzkul…

if hes not a BSB can he be the general?

i’d say no… and i’d say hes 100 VP loss if they get him too…

wallacer:

Is it too much to hope we’re going to get a miniature for him or are we expected to substitute an existing figure for him when we use him in games?

Xander:

[[Rykarth the Unbreakable]] has been added to the Wiki! Praise Hashut and welcome back you guys! Let’s get in gear!!! I am making a Stag Taurus which should be done by Sunday, pictures to come!

I think we should have an emergency CDO Contest to make this Guy! Then we can send in pics to GW US.

Anyone think that is a good idea?

Lord Zarkov:

I have to say, that’s quite cool;

I might have to use him!

Slaver_of_Zharr:

awsome, we actually get a character for the campaign :slight_smile:

hal:

I think we should have an emergency CDO Contest to make this Guy! Then we can send in pics to GW US.
Sounds like agreat idea Xander, I've already started mine!

FatOlaf:

He’s okay but no real thought there, would have been nice if he had new magic weapon etc… but hey ho beggars cant be and all that…

Lord Archaon:

The charecter is coo l:), but if GW would made him as a mini it would be much cooler.

By the way it realy great that GW thought a bit of Dawi-Zhar forces.:cheers

hal:

He's okay but no real thought there, would have been nice if he had new magic weapon etc... but hey ho beggars cant be and all that...
I'm pretty sure that all these new characters are made up from the normal rules without any new additions of magic items etc.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think that the fluff saying about how tough he is, it seems strange that he’d count as a BSB. Maybe +1T or something. No idea… To be honest, I never really appreciate BSBs, but if my opponents allow me to use him, I’ll take him very often. It’d be even better if he had access to the magic weapons as well. But, it’s still good. I WOULD do this competition, but can’t think of any way to make him more imposing. I would say that he CAN be the general and that the +100VP would have to be rolled before game or decided or something because i can understand reasons for yes AND no. Yes: He is inspiring. That’s why he’s the BSB. If he were to die, they’d be disheartened (hence the +100VP). No: He isn’t ACTUALLY a BSB. He does inspire them, but his death wouldn’t affect them more so than any other.

cornixt:

I’d say that if he counted as a BSB then he does count as +100VP. If he is the general too then he would be +200VP. But then again, maybe he isn’t allowed to be the general because of the BSB thing. Damn confusing.

A more important question: Does he count as the only one who can have Armour of Gazrak or can we have another character in the same army with it? I’d really want my general to have it rather than my BSB and if he can’t be the general then maybe he isn’t worth taking. I’ll say it again: damn confusing.

Xander:

Armour of the Furnace for my Stag mounted Character, then Rykarth would be my general. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, we will set up the contest right away. :slight_smile:

metro_gnome:

well obviously the magic item would not be able to be bought twice…
in the meantime you can get a really decent save on your general with HA + enchanted shield…
2+ in CC and the character only costs 74 points…
you can also get a 2+ with the AoF + shield in CC… 30 points more… but thass the cost of a 5+ ward…

for the points tho this BSB is too good to pass up…
even if he cannot be the general… which i assume…
and gives up +100VP… which i also assume…

xander: i believe the mega battles are below 2K so lord level characters are not permitted in them…
which makes some of the Lord choice special characters all the more valuable…
and i guess this all bears in mind the fact that this is for battles in Talabec (USA)…
perhaps we should all register there…