[Archive] Scibor's Moscal Dwarfs

Firehammer:

Scibor has released 6 new Boyar Warriors to go along with his Boyar Chiefs:

They are available separately, in a set of 6 and, together with the Chiefs, in a set of 9:
http://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?group=87
The Halloween special miniature is also available now.
The Dwarf riding a bear ( http://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,greenrom.php?art=802 ) is finally finished but not available yet, the Taurus still in the works.

I think they would make a nice Obsidian Guard :wink:

Border Reiver:

I like these minis more than the previous Moscals.

Zanko:

Yeah I like them just as the other ones! :hat off

Even more than the Boyar ones, they don’t look so flamboyant (is this the right adjective?)!

The only “problem” is that in the moment I have other priorities so “they have wait” till I buy them!

:hashut

Breten:

Awesome alternates here.  

http://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?group=87

I love the Boyars for use with Big Hats.  I will likely order a set for use as Obsidian Guard.

Thommy H:

Do we need TWO THREADS for these crap figures? For the love of all that is holy, I’m quite happy to just stay out of threads that discuss these vile little things, but that gets harder and harder when people make a new one every five minutes and fill up this entire forum with them. Jesus.

Zanko:

It’s good that the different likings are always tolerated! :wink:

Everyone could make a double posting! If done the admins could correct it! :slight_smile:

Nonetheless I like this minis!!! :cheers

:hashut

cornixt:

Tell us what you really think Thommy, don’t hold back!

Threads merged.

Warhammerman:

I like those. Don’t look evil, but they would make for some nice Western of Kislevitie themed dwarfs.

black hammer:

The models are great!:slight_smile: They’re just a little to expensive though:(.

Loki:

Great models, but dont look evil enough fo me, but still really great sculpts

Henroth:

Great models, but, for my, bad painted, the armours be too much luminous, too much light, as the Elves.

Breten:

I swear I searched before posting my thread and didn’t see it come up. I’m curious why Thommy has such harsh feelings towards the figs. Did they sleep with your girlfriend? :slight_smile:

Great sculpts and with the proper paint job, they’ll look vile enough.

Grimstonefire:

Much as I’m not a fan of the hats themselves, I think if they were in a variety of poses and with some decent masks they would be very nice models.

The shields are especially nice, and if I can convince Scibor to sell them separately I will buy a load.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I still think they don’t look evil enough, but the paintjob sure is nice.

clam:

Agree! These are just Northern Dwarfs nothing evil og chaotic about them - and Thommy might be right about these. They look awful - but I still convinced that it’s dued to the colour scheme - and not the models themselves.

Firehammer:

Yes, they are Russian themed dwarves and advertised as such. And if you accept that, you will find that lots of gold is essential for that look. Ever visited a Russian Orthodox church? :wink:

However me and several others find these miniatures useful as Eastern relatives of the more prominent Western dwarves.

Guardian_A:

Wow! Those are very nice! There is some great stuff on that site. It looks like there are some models that would make some simple blunderbus conversions as well.

clam:

Yes, they are Russian themed dwarves and advertised as such. And if you accept that, you will find that lots of gold is essential for that look. Ever visited a Russian Orthodox church? ;)

However me and several others find these miniatures useful as Eastern relatives of the more prominent Western dwarves.

Firehammer
If so, why didn't you post them in the Warhammer sub section, then. Relatives of the more prominent Western dwarves do not belonge in here;) But I'm sure these were ment as evils dwarfs:
Moscals are depraved cousing of dwarfs. The dwell in east plains of chaos with capital city Elblagaard.

Scibor's
- so some kind of evilness would have been expected - like he did with Ataman and the sorcerers. These are to nice and clean to be seen as evils.

And yes, I've seen that side of the orthodox culture, too. Problem is, they are not painted in gold. More so kind of bronze/cobber kind of colour - and then the violet robes :sick

- but I would very much like to see what you did to them :D

Grimstonefire:

I’ve had a play around on my computer, producing a model I would have bought.

Note that I’ve resized the axe, so for those thinking it would be easy to convert just bear that in mind. :wink:

Willmark:

They’re not everyone cup of tea but then again Scribor seems to arose certain strong opinions, especially from Thommy.