[Archive] Scions of Hashut - kitbashing and sculpting

Kronosv13:

Hello Chaos-Dwarf members.

I’m new to the forums and just recently picked up Chaos Dwarves. I’ve always liked the insidious nature of chaos dwarves, and of course they are one of gw’s most original concepts, however it was the literature in Tamurkhan and Steve Whitehead’s sculpt of Drazhoath that gave me the final push.

First off my Hobgoblins, I want my hobgoblins to look a cross between globadiers and of course traditional hobgoblins. I used fw militia torsos and storm vermin legs. For my army’s background they will be the enforcers keeping slaves in check in the noxious sulphur mines and clogged choking pits, the filtering systme created by Hellsmiths and the mask by the hobgoblins, though this is only possible my removing all facial extremities, when i come to making the khan it will be holding it’s mask and revealing teh mutilated scarring.

This is my sorcerer, obviously based on Drazhoath has had the crucible removed and replaced with a hellsmiths axe, and vic versa. The hellsmith will be used for a kitbashed Dreadquake mortar.

This is my half sculpted lammassu, the wings come from the taurus I’m converting into a k’daai, the head will come from the smaller head of a curs’d ettin, the ettin itself converted into a one armed siege giant with the left over armour and blades of the taurus.

And my K’daai, still has some work left, the horns come from a confrontation flesh golem.

tjub:

Interesting, looks great so far!

The_Bear_in_the_Hat:

I love the fact you’ve bought one kit (Bale Taurus) and are going to get two different models out of it. The Taurus will make a good Destoyer with the right paint job.

The Hobbos are an interesting idea - are you going to theme the army around a sulphur mine, or is i just an idea for that one unit?

Vaftrudnir:

I really like that you’ve replaced those awful razor horns on the original bull.

The hobbo looks expensive to have in good numbers :S

(I personally would have put some beards on those awesome renegade torsos and make some evil steampunk CDs)

vulcanologist:

This could be worth watching!

Loki:

Some nice looking conversion , certainly looking forward to seeing more and seeing these ones painted

Kronosv13:

Thanks for all the comments guys.

'the_bear_in_the_hat, technically it will be 2 models making 3, I’m using the wings and legs of the taurus and smaller attin head to make the lamasssu. And I’m using the armour from the taurus to make the ettin into a siege giant, and of course taurus straight to k’daai. I’m not sure whether the whole force will be based around a sulphur mine but it will be more about the non-chaos dwarf chaos dwarf unit, ie k’daai, hobgoblins and potentially some orcs using count’s as.

@Vaftrudnir, I know what you mean, I have been thinking of using these hobgoblins as a Gobbo elite, essentially the black orc versions of hobgoblins and use them as chaos dwarf warriors. I do want my army to have a lack of dwarfs, only manning warmachines and as heroes. So they may fill that spot instead but still be hobgobbos, they seem a bit to ragtag to be dawi zharr.

Here are some wip shots of teh detroeyer still plent of sculpting to do. I want it to look a cross between the bale taurus and the first k’daai artwork, which was rather balrog/segmented rock.

Kronosv13:

Hello Chaos-Dwarf members.

I’m new to the forums and just recently picked up Chaos Dwarves. I’ve always liked the insidious nature of chaos dwarves, and of course they are one of gw’s most original concepts, however it was the literature in Tamurkhan and Steve Whitehead’s sculpt of Drazhoath that gave me the final push.

First off my Hobgoblins, I want my hobgoblins to look a cross between globadiers and of course traditional hobgoblins. I used fw militia torsos and storm vermin legs. For my army’s background they will be the enforcers keeping slaves in check in the noxious sulphur mines and clogged choking pits, the filtering systme created by Hellsmiths and the mask by the hobgoblins, though this is only possible my removing all facial extremities, when i come to making the khan it will be holding it’s mask and revealing teh mutilated scarring.

This is my sorcerer, obviously based on Drazhoath has had the crucible removed and replaced with a hellsmiths axe, and vic versa. The hellsmith will be used for a kitbashed Dreadquake mortar.

This is my half sculpted lammassu, the wings come from the taurus I’m converting into a k’daai, the head will come from the smaller head of a curs’d ettin, the ettin itself converted into a one armed siege giant with the left over armour and blades of the taurus.

And my K’daai, still has some work left, the horns come from a confrontation flesh golem.

Kronosv13:

Not a major update on conversions, but rather a bit of a 180 with the army, I’ve decided to go down a more steampunk or at least technologically advanced army. The main reason for the change is the Hobgoblin Guard(counts as infernals), I want them to fit the army without standing out like a sore-thumb seeing as they will be the core of the host.

My K’daai will be used now instead as an incarnate Elemental of Hashut/fire. I’ll be making K’daai fire born soon from juggernaughts for a more mechanical looking unit. The lammasu sculpt/ kitbash is on standby while I figure out whether I want to use it the army, or probably end up selling or trading it.

The reason I wont need the Lammasu will be the new kitbash. My sorcerers new mount, the Hell Kite, essentially a Chaos Dwarf Gyrocopter, using the stats of a Great Taurus. A Daemon powered Gyrocopter; the way it works (at leats in my head) is simple, the chaos dwarf captives harnessed to the sides are it’s fuel, residing within the Hell kite lurk trapped Fire Daemons, eagerly waiting to feed on the Chaos Dwarf Prisoners, small portions of the fire Daemons are released through a series of valves and chambers, the starved daemons bolt through the chambers and valves when released. So they turn gears and a score of small pistons in the process and eventually burning the Chaos Dwarf Prisoner slowly from within. So really daemonic steam power.

Here are the pics of the Very wip Hell Kite.

Ghrask Dragh:

Very cool work mate, love what you’ve done with the taurus.

Steampunk is well suited to Chaos Dwarfs, it’ll be great to have steampunk blog here, there’s not too many of them at all. Thats pretty cool with the kite, far out.

That Taurus is awesome, can imagine that dripping with lava charging towards the enemy :o

:cheers

Loki:

Once again some very nice work, i like the hell kite that you have converted cool idea :smiley:

Kronosv13:

Thanks guys, glad you like the Hell Kite idea, so much so I’ve found some time in-between uni work to kitbash a bit more. I still haven’t found a good idea for rotor blades, i am just no good at plasticard if not I’d make own. The only idea I have is the haven class spire from forge world, but I’m not entirely sure if the vanes are large enough or wether I’d spend £16 just for the bits. Edit; found the perfect piece, the balewind vortex, nice and daemonic looking, suits in with the hellcanon. And also gives me some terrain.

edit- forgot to mention, the outwards casting hand will have a very large gear which the sorcerer will be pushing forward as when i have the model on a flying base I want it on a right angled nose dive, aiming to catch some unlucky foe with what ever device I end up attaching to the front of the Hell Kite.

either way some wip shots.

Kronosv13:

Update on the on the Sulpurous Guard. I will be using them as infernal guard for sure, been having trouble adjusting to the idea of them being on par with dwarf warriors, but along creating fluff for the army I’ve decided my Prophet to be one of teh founding sorcerors to create the black orc race. Though rather than execute the prophet he has been exiled (like drazhoath) to the largest chemical quarry in the dark lands, and out of necessity he has created the Sulphurous Guard, through means of science and foul magic.

I’ve also made more progress on the Hell kite, been having some difficulty thinking bits to use for the rotors, the balewind vortex would look nice but require a lot of work to sand down and fill in the cracks. And eventually after a few hours of bit searching I found it, the rudders form teh dark eldar ravager kit, and even better I get a host of bits and Iron daemon; as I will be converting the ravager (essentially turning it upside down, adding thick wheels below and some extra bits on top (such as a platform and carrying loads of mined metals) and make an irondaemon somewhat reminiscent of a Sandcrawler.

Anyway unto pics pics of the Sulphurous Guard, I have 12 made so far but won’t be taking a pic of the lot until the whole unit is assembeled.

gIL^:

Look really unique and funky very original keep it coming.

Vaftrudnir:

Im really really liking the ideas in this tread now…

Looking forward for some more updates :cheers

Ghrask Dragh:

Nice additions, looks real evil, perfect for a ‘side-kick’ race like hobbo’s.

They remind me of Van Helsing :slight_smile:

Kronosv13:

Thanks for the comments guys.

@Ghrask Dragh, Good, I was trying to go for that look, if you are refering to the little creature with goggles in the film, I can’t find a picture of it anywhere, though I do remember them quite vividly from the old ps2 game, i think they were referred to as trolls, though could be mistaken.

First off some background of the army, some of it may be a little dark, but well you can’t write Chaos Dwarf fiction without it.

Mot Tohrno (Hellvise) �?" My Sorcerer Prophet
Undisputed Lordling of the Cindering Pit, Mot Tohro has reigned over the choking waste of U�?THmo Khemator for two centuries. His Keep has not come from incentive but rather as punishment, Mot was one of the nine creators of the war mongering race known as the Black Orcs. Through ingenuity, malice, dark science and despicable magic Mot and his brethren created a stock of Orc unlike the world has seen; but their conceited souls turned to be their unmaking. Their creations revolted and brought the Dawi Zharr Empire to its knees. Six of the first creators were executed by the Black Orc revolt the reaming three were exiled to darkest corners of the Darklands. Mot�?Ts infernal genius knows no bounds, and the enduring of his exile is testament to his brilliance. He has fashioned a metropolis from ash and Fire, his despotic rule furthering his return to Zharr-Naggurund.

U�?Thmo Khemator (The Cindering Pit)
Mot was given sovereignty of the Cindering pit. A blasted pit delving into an abyss of smoke, here an army of the enslaved toil ceaselessly mining further into the walls of the pit, and further into a darkness unknown. U�?Thmo is vile land, dead of all natural life, barren of water and despoiled beyond repair, the earth cracks and bleeds spumes smoke and foul burning ichors. The cursed land produces no nourishment and even wild Taurus steer away from this most inhospitable of wastes; but the revolting land produces a dire essential to the Lords of the Dark Lands, Black Iron. This metal has burned for centuries within the depths of the black pit smouldering and burning itself away to concentrated pockets of mineral. The Iron now no longer burns by natural means requiring Daemon Fires to smelt the metal once more, a metal so dense and heavy to be able to withstand the perpetual furnaces of the Chaos Dwarves; and fashion the frameworks from which the K�?Tdaai, the burning daemon kin, are bound within.

The Sulphorous Watch �?" infernal Guard
The Watch is the Dawi Zharr Host of the pit, guarding interminably from marauding assaults, or worse, rebellion from within. A number of slaves the likes of which only the Zharr-naggurund has to contend, the Sulphorous Watch operate as overseers, police and warhost of the Pit.

Ash Dogs �?" War slaves counts as Hobgoblins
The Cindering Pits have the largest host of slaves outside the gates of Zharr- Naggarund, though many perish within the first days mining, those that meet injuries before choking on the black air are removed from their chained line by the Sulphurous Watch, should their injuries prove too dire they are despatched, thrown into the pockets of lava that wriggle to and forth the Pit; those unfortunate are kept alive. The Watch inflict terrible wounds on their captives by burning away their eyes, noses and ears, and keeping these fighting slaves for their own amusement, releasing these blind insane beings on each other and waging  their rations. When the Cindering Pit is assaulted, either from marauding greenskins or raiding ogres the Ash Dogs are relased from their chained pens and goaded into battle, though inevitably the blind monstrosities are likely to strike each other or charge furiously towards a barren direction.    

and some pictures of my Ash Dog (counts as hobgoblins), I’ve made ten so far, but will like 20-30 in the army.

Edit: The army is gonnahave a big revamp, decided to drop the steam punk vibe and going to follow more around a K’daai centred army.

Samanos:

they look very nice.

just a question about the kdaai.

is he on the bale taurus base? because you’ll need a bigger one if thats the case.

Vaftrudnir:

This is just getting better and better.

Kronosv13:

@Samanos,thanks, well I was going to use it as a destroyer, but plans have changed.

@Vaftrudnir, cheers, hope I don’t dissapoint with the new changes of theme.

Well, first things first, I’m going back to my first original idea with the army, a heavily K’daai based army, mainly because i could make my own fireborn form some bits and sculpting.

So steampunk theme is dropped, gone, forever, whihc means I wont be using nay of those guard, but they’re almost on their way to a new home :). The Sandcrawler style iron daemon is still a potential though, as it still ties in with the mining and the ash dogs, but i doubt the Hellkite will go further. Which means I can, eventually, buy me some infernal gaurd.

Now Back to fire, brimstone and daemonic horrors fashioned from souls and molten metal. Already edited the Fluff I’ve written above, so thats staying as is.

The K’daai destroyer conversion isss… now back to being a Bale Taurus… well sort of. It’s a K’daai mount, no wings but never burns out; still need to write the fluff but seeing as Mot creates new breeds (black orcs) he is able to contain the power of the K’daai by fusing the cold solid copper heart of a Great Taurus within teh frameworks of K’daai. The heart allows the constant refusing of metal and never allows the framework to completely burn out.

The idea was inspired mostly by this picture (man i love this concept) Nver been one for a taurus with wings but a giant bull with a little dwarf surveying over the top.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=great+taurus&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbm=isch&tbnid=5WMYHPJwvUKzTM:&imgrefurl=http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/pdf/Chaos-Dwarfs_Revlid.pdf&docid=92YQR0KhLdWJVM&imgurl=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/Revlid/great-taurus-.jpg&w=545&h=529&ei=0FisT6qtFYSs0QWsqITEBA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=359&sig=104815298671554351993&page=2&tbnh=153&tbnw=103&start=17&ndsp=26&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:17,i:126&tx=69&ty=80&biw=1366&bih=667

This and of course concepts of Kronos and magma elemental constantly dripping and reforming.

So here his Mot on his K’daai Mount, the K’daai Hellheart