[Archive] Show us...Your workstation!

theforgefather:

Hi!

I was just being curious, and wondering what your workstation (or wherever you create your hordes of Chaos Dwarfs!(and/or other armies! :slight_smile: ) look like.

I will post pics of my heap of junk which covers it up once my camera is chargedā€¦ :slight_smile:

Thanks

Theforgefather

theforgefather:

Hi!

I was just being curious, and wondering what your workstation (or wherever you create your hordes of Chaos Dwarfs!(and/or other armies! :slight_smile: ) look like.

I will post pics of my heap of junk which covers it up once my camera is chargedā€¦ :slight_smile:

Thanks

Theforgefather

theforgefather:

Hereā€™s mine first of all:

Yes, iā€™m on WE, shame

bas_2312:

This is where the magic happens:

Lots of Halfling WIPs, but there even are some Hobgoblin Wolfboys and Chaos Dwarfs in thereā€¦ somewhereā€¦

Marduk:

I use my dining table with a green cutting mat on top.

brotsorrow:

this is where i try to make warhammer magic. My desk is still making the transition from student to hobbyist :frowning:

Willmark:

Thinking this belongs in OT.

Whoosh!

GRNDL:

I thought we already had a thread for this? Granted, its a few years old by now, but still. My workbench hasnā€™t changed. Still looks chaotic and messy.

G.2:

Here is mine. Just for the record, it is not always that clean. I cleaned it up for the photo.

Here are a couple of things to note.

1. The wooden shelf,Ā Ā is a CD tower, with the cd shelves removed. I bought in a thrift shop for a few dollars - I think it was $5.

2. The white cube on the top shelf, on the left, is a clock. It has a count-down timer, which I have set to 30 minutes. I usually paint in 30 minute blocks. Before I had the clock, I painted up until 2.00am and I didnā€™t even know.

3. The bottle with the bright green liquid in it, its on the top shelf on the right, contains dishwashing liquid. I put a few drops in my water cup. It helps clean my brushes, and also helps in diluting the paint as it breaks down the surface tension in the paint.

4. The small square boxes on the bottom shelf, contain w&n inks. I bought these back in the 80s, when there were no GW inks or Vallejo in

ks.

5. The blue drawers were purchased to keep all the little things neat and tidy.

6. The small shelf next to the blue drawers, is CD holder, which I use for the ā€˜works in progressā€™. This one was found during an office clean-out.

7. The paint bottles are on there side for 2 reasons. First, I can clearly see the colour I want. Secondly, they are easier to shake the pigment back together with the liquid as the are both ā€œlongwaysā€ along the bottle. My paints are predominantly Vallejo.

8. You can see my basing material, upper level of shelf, on extreme left.

Bolg:

Love the topic. Not at home right now but I will edit a pic in this post in a few days.

brotsorrow:

G.2 - holy crap manā€¦ thats the most organized station I have ever seen. Nice workā€¦ now my OCD is telling me to go look for a a couple used CD holders :slight_smile: In a few years when this topic gets ā€œrenewedā€ i will post a pic like yours :slight_smile:

silentbob27:

I am not proud of this, but here it isā€¦

theforgefather:

Here is mine. Just for the record, it is not always that clean. I cleaned it up for the photo.

G.2
See? I am encouraging you guys to clean up! ;)

brotsorrow:

I am not proud of this, but here it is...

silentbob27
lol you should have just said that this was the "unedited" version. :) I do love all the different range of boxes you have going on though!!

theforgefather:

I could never leave that many boxes unopened! :slight_smile:

silentbob27:

That is not even a quarter of it. Hold your horses :smiley:

Samanos:

this is where i try to make warhammer magic. My desk is still making the transition from student to hobbyist :(

brotsorrow
Yeah its not easy being both. Im currently studying in my bed as my minis have taken over my desk and refuse to abandon it!!:mad

Vogon:

Hereā€™s mine.

Itā€™s in the lounge so has to be broken down when not in use but the missus and I have spent many an evening with the West Wing on DVD playing with me painting and her cross stitching in our happy little home.

P.S. G.2 youā€™re sick! That is probably the most disturbing picture of a work station Iā€™ve seen you need to get help :wink:

Thommy H:

The dining table, which we never use for dining unless we have people over, so itā€™s pretty much a permanent painting area. Being a grown up is awesome.

Galladorn:

I am very jealous of many of these workstations. I have been renovating the house since Christmas. In about a month or two Iā€™ll post my new and improved Galladorn-paint-O-rama.