[Archive] Show us...Your workstation!

theforgefather:

I see this very post on the laptop! :slight_smile:

brotsorrow:

this is where i try to make warhammer magic. My desk is still making the transition from student to hobbyist :(

brotsorrow
Yeah its not easy being both. Im currently studying in my bed as my minis have taken over my desk and refuse to abandon it!!:mad

Samanos
I wouldn't be able to study if i had figures on my desk during the school year..... Almost anything can distract me from doing homework.

Bolg:

This is were I liveā€¦

I have 2 desks, the idea is one for drawing/painting and one for computer stuff. But its always a mess so I paint in front of my computer (has its advantages)

grisnik:

Hehā€¦ BuRock just sent me this link, so I guess I should show mineā€¦

Just cleaned up the main painting area, but still need the clean the othersā€¦

View from chairā€¦ showing my painting desk, and also the gaming table in front of it. As you can seeā€¦ many Daemons in the works at the momentā€¦ :frowning: Bad Grisnikā€¦ badā€¦

Area under it, with the compressor for my airbrush.

Paint racks, drawers etcā€¦ full of flock, spare parts for airbrushes, more paints etcā€¦

Stereo, Current projects shelves, more drawers for plasticard, large paint bottles for terrain etc, and other junk to hide awayā€¦

Terrain shelf, and client storage. Not cleaned up yet thoughā€¦ and also getting a bit dusty :frowning:

Modular board storage, though only my Infinity boards have been completed. Also storage for unopened boxed of miniatures, opened boxes of miniatures with stuff left, and then empty boxes for shipping things out or moving between home and gaming conventions/clubs.

Rulebook shelf, and non gaming miniatures

Display cabinet, and computerā€¦ where I spend most of my time as the TV is hooked to the computer, and I usually assemble the models there if I am too tired to paintā€¦ Again not cleaned up at the momentā€¦

Overall, it expands between 2 rooms, and the hallway connecting themā€¦ BuRock has seen itā€¦ so he can verify :slight_smile:

theforgefather:

Bolg: Typicalā€¦A bun-bun screensaverā€¦

grisnik: You have the COOLEST hobby room ever (well, after Tjubā€™sā€¦)

Bolg:

@ Forgefather: Yup, its a sketch for my new album cover. I always use my desktop as reminder for stuff i need to draw/paint.

Oh and the top shelf is filled with sketchbooks and the bottom shelf with A4 originals.

@Grisnik: You have a lot of space!!

silentbob27:

And here is more of my room.

We will start out with the ā€œTable of Armiesā€. Each of the white and clear boxes represents an army or portion of one. Fantasy, 40k, Epic, Necromunda, LotR, Mordheim, WM, Hordes. Most of the gmae boxes have been opened, but I have found them useful for storing bits and un-assembled sprues. All my armies used to be displayed, but since finishing my basement and kid-proofing it, it has gone into boxes. Most of it will eventually be sold. Maybe.

Here is the table of terrain. Fantasy, Sci-fi, modern, WWII, and so on. also a couple big boxes of un-assembled sprues.

brotsorrow:

wow man, thats quite the pile/corner of warhammer fun!!

Ghrask Dragh:

Well, thats the first time Iā€™ve seen a ā€˜Gorkamorkaā€™ box set for a while :smiley: love it.

Cool spaces guys, there was a thread beforeā€¦ http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1689 ā€¦not so easy to find though with the ridiculous title :rolleyes:

theforgefather:

Well, thats the first time I've seen a 'Gorkamorka' box set for a while :D love it.

Ghrask Dragh
Not even a few pics ago on the shelf in silentbob27's post?  ;)

Oh and also with the dodgy sounding other one of these "show us your workstation", It has been dead for 3 years now, and I know threadomancy is frowned upon on most forums. :)

silentbob27:

And you can see Digganob in the other corner :slight_smile:

Willmark:

We had this thread a while back but since Iā€™m in new digs here is from a month ago. The man cave is still evolving but here is the basic layout.

tjub:

@Willmark: Your walls make me think of Dexterā€¦

cornixt:

Wipe-clean walls!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Willmark:

Yeah by code there needs to be a certain R value for the basement. Setting up the man cave was important but finishing off the basement with walls isnā€™t high on the priority list right now.

zobo1942:

I envy the amount of space you have!

theforgefather:

Oh dearā€¦

Ā£140 of Chaos has had an effect on my roomā€¦

Mad Dave:

heres my work area. thought id try out my Girlfriendā€™s new iphone

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Nice work area G.@. Iā€™ll have to build something simiular once I get my basement back in order after the High River flood.

Abecedar:

Here are mine ā€¦ Finally.

this is my home space, a corner in the lounge room. the scrapbooking stand holds only immediately required items and spares.

the rest is scattered through-out my shed.

ā€¦ and I am still in trouble over getting paint on my expensive chair.

and this is my space at work where I try to sneak in some preparation work on stuff when I can.