[Archive] SKAVEN UP NOW!

Baggronor:

Skaven looking very tempting indeed :slight_smile:

On the bright side, it does at least push Skaven towards combat orientation rather than magic or shooting (yeah, I know thatā€™s a bit of a stretch on my partā€¦)
I think they will be much more close range than before, not quite melee-focused (although they look pretty scary up close) but definitely keener to get close. I like the new rules, they remind me of the 5th ed Skaven, when they were really cool.

Agree the Abomination is harsh. Coming back to life seems a bit OTT, especially at potentially full wounds, but then again, its is a large target and only T5, variable Movement so it will eat a lot of shooting. I donā€™t envy WoC having to fight itā€¦ no armour save S6 hitsā€¦ouch.

black hammer:

Iā€™m Definantly buying a doom wheel and converting it for chaos dwarfs.

I also agree with whoever said that the clanrat bodies could make good hobgoblins.:slight_smile:

Bloodfire:

Im loving the death wheel model.

However whats caught my eye are the special characters Queek and Snikch (one of my favorite warhammer characters ever :P). Those are brilliant! Hmmā€¦wonder if I could use those as the base of some sort of hobgob heroā€¦ponders

warh:

in Sweden the clan rat box will be 20kr cheaper than the old one:hat off

Kera foehunter:

i think it would be cool to have doom wheel races !!

sorta like car wars you can soup up the doom wheel and fight it out

wallacer:

Pyro Stick:

Coooooooool. Seriously tempted to start up my skaven again. Ill probably wait a few months then pick up some second hand stuff on ebay.

So does the bell come with alternative bits for each clan now?

wallacer:

I canā€™t make up my mind whether I like it or not. It seems well sculpted, but it is also very cluttered.

Father Grumpmas:

I can't make up my mind whether I like it or not.   It seems well sculpted, but it is also very cluttered.

wallacer
It is a bit cluttered but that sort of seems appropriate for Skaven to me: hammer together everything in sight and hope that luck and warpstone will hold it together.

Similar to the Orc approach but they don't have warpstone.

cornixt:

Is that a giant censer instead of the bell on the upper one?

wallacer:

cornixt
That must be the plague catapult thing they talk about on Warseer in the rumour roundup. It as in alternative build for the model (sort of like how the lizardmen Stegadon can be built as 2 differernt things).

Father Grumpmas:

cornixt
That must be the plague catapult thing they talk about on Warseer in the rumour roundup.  It as in alternative build for the model (sort of like how the lizardmen Stegadon can be built as 2 differernt things).

wallacer
I got the impression from various rumours that the new screaming bell kit could have three diffrerent builds - the bell, the plague censer thingy (which sits in a unit as per the bell) and the plague catapult, which is a new rare choice.

Might be a bit hopeful but I haven't seen about rumours about a seperate catapult model.

wallacer:

Yes, it may have 3 different builds. That would be quite clever.

Loki:

That is seriously cool, I think they have to be fantasy army number 11 now :slight_smile:

slev:

Yes yes, join us!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I wonder what the skaven call the chaos dwarfsā€¦ curly-beard-things maybe?

tjub:

I wonder what the skaven call the chaos dwarfs... curly-beard-things maybe?

Ishkur Cinderhat
Nasty-big-hat-things...

wallacer:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72729&d=1255421154

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72729&d=1255421154

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72727&d=1255421086

Warseer

slev:

Well, I wasnā€™t going to buy a third SB, I may have to if itā€™s THAT cool!

wallacer:

complete list of Skaven magic items =)

Common Magic items

Quick blade - 30 pts (+1 hit)

Blade of Carnage - 25 pts (+1 A)

Sword of Might (+1 S) - 20

Ripping Blade (-1 AS) - 5pts

enchanted shield (+2 as) - 10 pts

Magic Ward (6+ WardSave) - 15 pts

Dispel scroll - 25 points

energystone (+2 power dice) - 20 pts

staff of sorcery (+1 dispel) - 35

Warbanner (+1 combat resolution) - 25

Magic weapons

Blade of Grudges (Grimmklinge) xxx points.

S10, every succesfull Ward Save has to be rerolled. Not-saved wounds cause loss of D6 Lifepoints.
At the end of each players turn roll D6, at 1 or 2 bearer suffers loss of one lifepoint with no armour saves allowed.

Warpblade xx pts
no armour saves allowed

warlocktinkered weapon xx pts
+1 S and +1 A

Plagueblade xx pts
+1 S. not saved wounds cause loss of 2 Lifepoints. If bearer rolls 2 or more 1s to hit, he suffers the loss of 2 lifepoints. AS allowed.

Blade of Tears xx pts
Armourpiercing. each wound not saved causes loss of D3 Lifepoints.

Dwarfbane xx points
+1 S. If fighting a dwarf, bearer gets armourpiercing and may reroll to wound rolls in close combat

Blade of Nurglitch xx pts
non-saved wounds suffer a penalty of 1 to Toughness. If the model is reduced to 0 he's removed from play.

Magical Armour

Warpstone Armour xx points
grants 4+ AS. Each succesful save causes one hit S4 to the model that caused the wound. Wounds caused by this effect add to combat resolution.
May be given to Warlocks.

World's Edge Armour xx points
grants 4+ Armoursave. The first hit which ignores the bearers armour is ignored completly, but the armour is destroyed.

Shield of confusion - xx pts.
All Models in base contact with the bearer (friend or foe) suffer -1 A, to a minimum of 1.

Charms

Aweful Charm xx pts
grants 5+ Ward Save

Shadowmagnet xx pts
-1 to hit in ranged combat against bearer or unit he's attached to. additional to any other occuring penalty (like long range, mutliple shots etc)

Charm from rival's skins xx pts
1 use only - A Skaven model with this charm may force a enemy model in base contact to reroll all to-hit rolls.

Arcane Artifacts

Warpstormscroll xx pts
Bound Spell (PL 5) - 1 use only. If you use this scroll, all flying units within 24 inches suffer D6 hits S6, resolved like shooting.

Warpenergy-focus xx pts
Grey Seers and Warlocks with this item generate a aditional power dice at a roll of 5+ in their own magic phase. If the bearer casts Warp lightning, he deals D6 +2 hits (does not apply if he rolls a 1)

Crystall Orb xx points
1 use only. grants a 3+ Ward Save against the first wound he suffers. However, if the save is succesfull, the bearer awaits further instructions from the orb, and therefore is stupid for the rest of the game.

Warptone Tokens xx pts
All Grey Seer and Warlocks may have as many Warpstone tokens as their point limit allows it. They may have further Arcane Artifacts.

Before casting a spell, you may declare to take as many warpstone tokens as you wish.
Add 1 power dice for every 1 token you took. You may pass the normal limit of power dice that you may roll depending on your power level.

For every warpstone dice that shows a 1, the wizard suffers the loss of 1 lifepoint, with no Armour saves allowed.

Warpstone tokens may cause irresistable force or miscasts. You should use differently coloured dice for warpstone tokens... (green at best)

Enchanted items

Skavenbrew xx points
1 use only. The bearer of Skavenbrew may foce one (1) unit of Clan rats or storm vermin in direct contakt to drink the brew. Champions take it, attached characters not.

Roll a d6 to see what happens.

1: the unit suffers D6 S 3 hits, no armour save allowed.
2-3: unit hates everyone
4-5: unit gains frenzy
6: Death Frenzy: unit gains +2 attacks, suffering the loss of D6 life points at the end of each own movement phase.

Skalm xx points
1 use only. The bearer regenerates all lost Life points. Only he may use the Skalm. Bearer may not Use skalm if he already lost all of his lifepoints.

Spotfur's Pipe xx points
If a enemy unit wants to attack a Character (or the unit he's attached to) bearing Spotfur's pipe, the unit has to do a morale check. If It fails, it is treated as if it failed to charge.

Omen of Doom xx points
Enemy units in direct contact with a unit that includes the Omen of doom suffer 1 -1 penalty to their morale characteristics, as long as they remain in direct contact.

Clan Eshin's Assasin tools

Warpstone-shuriken (magical weapon) xx points
Multiple shots (3), S5, shuriken, cause loss of D3 Lifepoints.

Hellbomb (enchanted item) xx points

As long as he does not charge, the assassin may place a bomb on any spot he crosses with his movement. He may march.

Mark the spot with a coin or something apropriate. The model that placed the bomb has to move away from it. The bomb may be detonated remotly at any moment in the game, excluding the turn it was set or as long as the bearer (or his unit) touch the bomb.

Place the 5 inches template above the marker used for the bomb. The model under the hole suffers a hit S10, which causes the loss of D3 lifepoints. All models touched by the template suffer a S3 hit.

Smokebombs (enchanted items) xx points

1 use only. If a model with smoke bombes is forced to flee, it may drop the smoke bombs. Declare the use of smoke bombs befor you roll the distance to flee or to persuit (or any other dice). All persuing units roll 1 dice less than usual.

Skryre Wargear

Bronze sphere (enchanted item) xx points

1 use only. The bearer may throw the Sphere at his own shooting phase. Place the 3 inches template anywhere within 8 inches of the bearer. apply a scatter roll, just as with a stone thrower.

All models touced by the template must pass a initiative test or will be removed from play (yes, removed from play).

If you roll a malfunction, the template is placed above the bearer.

Missile of Doom (magical weapon) xx points

1 use only. Declare a direction t oshoot the missile, and any numer of dice between 4 and 10. Roll the dice, thats the distance the missile flies. Place the 5 Inces template at the point it strikes. all models touched by the missile suffer a S5 hit.
If you roll 3 or more 1's for the distance, apply the following malfunction-result:
1: The templatte is placed above the model fireing it.
2-5: missile goes to a random direction
6: the model at the direct spot of impact suffers a S5 hit. Roll a D6 at the beginnig of each skaven shooting phase - on a roll of 4 the missile detonates as usual.

Warlock-goggles xx points
+1 BS. Bearer does not suffer a penalty if shooting at targets within cover.

Reliquary of Clan Pestilence

Warpscroll (arcane artifact) xx points

1 use only, PL 5 Pick one (1) unit within 24 inches and within line of sight. every model in the unit suffers a S2 hit, with no armour saves allowed.

Plague banner (magical banner) xx points

1 Use only. For one Close combat phase, all Plague monks within the unit may reroll To-hit and to wound rolls.

Clan Moulders Toys ( I was running out of nouns for gear, equipment etc, so I randomized a fitting term here... -.-")

Shockstaff (magical weapon) xx points
Must be wealded with two hands. This weapon ignores armour saves

electric whip (magical weapon) xx points
Follows the rules of whips (bearer may strike from behind 1 rank of Rat ogres or 3 ranks of Giant Rats, grant +1 attack), bearer gains +D3 attacks instead of one for the whip.

Magical Standards

Sacred Standard of the Horned Rat xx points

All enemy units within 12 inches of the bearer suffer a -1 penalty to their morale characteristics

Stormbanner xx points

1 use only. May be activated at the beginning of any Players turn. No unit on the field may use the flying rule, and all shooting suffers a additional -1 penalty. All non-magical shooting attacks not using the BS characteristics (like Cannons, Stone throwers, Breath weapons) may only be used at a roll of 4+.

At the beginnig of each following players turn roll a D6 - the standards effect ends at a roll of 4+.

Great Standard of Clan supremacy xx points
At each close combat, if the unit with the banner has more ranks than the enemy unit(s) it's fighting, it gains not the regular +1 to combat resolution for standards, but D3.

Shroud of Dripping Death xx points

All enemy models in contact with the bearer suffer a S3 hit with no armour saves allowed at the beginning of each close combat phase.
If the unit with this banner flees from combat, all persuing units suffer D6+2 S3 hits with no armour saves allowed.

Banner of the Realm of the depths xx points
At the beginnig of all close combat phases, enemy units in contact with the unit bearing this banner suffer 2D6 S2 Hits. Resolute them like Shooting attacks.

Dwarfhide Banner xx points
The unit hates all dwarves, and all dwarves hate them.

Banner of the crawling horde xx points
once per game (except the first turn) the unit bearing this banner may march at triple it's movement. It suffers 2D6 S3 hits with nor Armour Saves allowed.

Warseer