[Archive] So, when's Golden Hat 7, and what's it going to be?!

Kera foehunter:

Wow a flaming mod Does get attention. thanks Grims !!!

* Kera put out a flaming H.B.

GRNDL:

I think GH 7 should be based on the peeps who frequent CDO. That is, make a CD model that represents one of the people here, either in real life or their “alter ego” online.

Sojourn:

ooooh, GRNDL made a good point and I LIKE it! I’m glad I don’t have to decide on what the actual GH will be, 'cause I’d never be able to choose. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pyro Stick:

From what grimstonefire said it sounds like a lot of converting is going to be needed to be able to enter this golden hat.

Obsidian:

Hmm, a whole month not used! That’s a shame really…:~

If it’s going to be big project then I could use all the time possible…:wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Dang, Kera. I was using that to make cake :frowning: (I had only read this page and thought people thought I was flaming, I was all like wha?!?! :stuck_out_tongue: ) SO tempted to spill the beans (but I can’t because then they’d be floorbeans). Just keep an open mind about what to expect Pyro. GRNDL and Sojourn, why not set this up anyway?

Kera foehunter:

Sorry H. B.

but we got an answer!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I meant tell everybody the details we know so far :wink: eats half-baked cake

wizuriel:

ah I see what your saying, the contest is to make a chaos dwarf cake!!

*runs off to buy oil

Hashut’s Blessing:

eyes beam at the prospect of CDO minions making cakes

Kera foehunter:

omg what have i started . he’s more cake than man now…

but a cool idea thow

* runs off to find eggs

Grimstonefire:

To keep everyone informed of the current state of the competition schedule, what we are planning is this.

3 Golden Hats per year

3 Artisans Contests per year.

Each will last 2 months, 6 weeks for entry, two weeks for judging. My earlier post in this thread I had the end date wrong (now edited). The competitions will never run at the same time. Artisans #2 was unusual because of the Border Town Burning deadline, as such we don’t have anything running until September.

We are currently reviewing the Artisans Contest, what people will enter, and the sorts of themes etc. The concept of this competition is fine, there is far more to the CD than can be covered in mini competitions. The actual format will be the same as the Golden Hats; personal messaging your entry to an account.

In the near future we will put up the schedule for the rest of 2008 and 2009. So at a glance people will know what is coming a long time in advance.

Obviously we will keep the theme secret until it starts, but I’m hoping we will have a provisional list done for the next 3 golden hats within the next couple of months.

skabradisdead:

Can’t wait for the next one to begin.

B

Vexxus:

Can't wait for the next one to begin.

B

skabradisdead
Waiting is blub. Lets create our own! lol

ashur:

Il stay with an Astragoth conversion.

Hashut’s Blessing:

As Willmark has said :smiley: As for waiting, Vexxus, if you don’t, you’ll be put in a cake suit and looked in a room with me! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kera foehunter:

i like to see this !

Willmark:

The waiting is over:

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/8765

Lifer:

YEAH! Very cool topic for the contest. So many possibilities. Ideas running through my mind. I will try to find time myself and take part for the 1st time in GH. Other projects can wait! :slight_smile:

furrie:

I hope I can manage, with Kera’s comp and all :stuck_out_tongue: