Midnight Blue

Fiery Orange

Bronzed Flesh

Tenticle Pink

Bad Moon Yellow

Terracotta

Mixing Pot

The ink line

http://warseer.com/forums/other-gw-discussion/113909-soon-to-be-discontinued-paints.html

Kera foehunter:

Wow that stinks .But there are other co. that have these colors . i think i miss the inks but Reaper just put a line of them out!

angryboy2k:

I won’t use any of the new paints that are made in China. The last thing I need is to poison myself by ingesting paint with high levels of mercury, cadmium or (lol) lead.

Steve

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well I am not regularly eating my paint, are you?? :o

Seems like I will have to secure myself a stockpile of terracotta and brazen brass!

Willmark:

Orjust do what I do. I don’t use GW paints because they do this every so often.

angryboy2k:

Ishkur Cinderhat
It's all John Blanche's fault. Back in WD 109 or 110, he mentioned in an Eavy Metal article about using your mouth to keep a nice point on your brushes. I've never been able to stop ever since, and it's even worse now... Paint too thick? No problem, lick my brush a little...

I don't think I can break this habit.

Steve

torn:

i lick my brush to get a nice point too. have to admit the levels of harmful metals in the paint you will probably have to drink about 1000 pots to end up in hospital. i used to use an old lead high elf spearman as a toothpick and it never did me any harm. (checks avatar . . .why am i the most mutated chaos dwarf lord then?)

ive started buying vallejo paints anyway, ordered a bunch of luminous colours yesterday cant wait to get them. imagine space marine cyclists with high visibility vests on so other motorists can see them in the dark!

if GW paints are your only option then i suggest you start mixing. it also says on the warseer thread new inks are coming.

angryboy2k:

i lick my brush to get a nice point too. have to admit the levels of harmful metals in the paint you will probably have to drink about 1000 pots to end up in hospital.

torn
Well who knows. Given China's track record (especially recently) you might end up date raping yourself after a quick painting session...

I'm also a fan of Vallejo, although I think their "Brassy Brass" is a load of garbage.

Steve

Pyro Stick:

Ishkur Cinderhat
It's all John Blanche's fault. Back in WD 109 or 110, he mentioned in an Eavy Metal article about using your mouth to keep a nice point on your brushes. I've never been able to stop ever since, and it's even worse now... Paint too thick? No problem, lick my brush a little...

I don't think I can break this habit.

Steve

angryboy2k
I also do this. I cant help it. It says the paints are non toxic as well so theres no harm in it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! INKS ARE WHAT MAKE MY CHAOS DWARFS LOOK LIKE WHAT THEY DO!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! MY PAINT SCHEME IS RUINED!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

me and a lot of my friends use inks, i use brown ink for armour as well as watered down black, i personaly dont see why are doing it, probebly because of the foundation paints and them wanting to do more of them, why gw…why???

Pyro Stick:

Please someone tell me where i can get Brown Ink, Black Ink, Chestnut Ink, and Flesh Wash so that when i run out and GW stop making them ill be able to continue my army.

gIL^:

i myself have rarely used ink, i think watering down paints works just as well

Pyro Stick:

i myself have rarely used ink, i think watering down paints works just as well

gIL^
It wont work just as well if you need a certain colo9ur. There are very big differences between chestnut, brown and flesh wash. I doubt i would ever be able to find the right combination of colours to produce those inks.

Lord Zarkov:

Tentacle Pink, Brazen Brass and The Inks are a huge blow; might have to stockpile at Xmas

Khan!:

Wow I’m really irritated that Brazen Brass will be discontinued. It’s far superior to any of the other “gold” type colours GW makes. Yeah, really, really irritated. Shame about the inks too, Pyro Stick. I don’t use inks nearly as much as I used to, but still they’re handy to have. I actually have never used any paint other than GW so I dunno what to suggest for an alternative.

Pyro Stick:

I would stockpile if the prices never went up to �2. That would be a hell of a lot if i wanted to stock up on 5 of every ink i used.

wallacer:

I don’t particularly care about the Citadel metallic paints, but losing Bronzed Flesh will be tragic. That’s one of the colours I use when i’m highlighting my CD flesh. Terracotta is a good colour as well.

Pyro Stick:

Oh i forgot about terracotta. I thought i never used it but i do. For my crossbowmen xbows…

(900 posts yey!!)

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I felt terracotta was a godsend when it was introduced and used it a lot for bases and beastmen. Also, this is not a classic colour, I think it’s probably not older than 5-6 years or so. A shame they take it out of production!

Canix:

Arseholes GW i gonna have to spend lots of money on paints then this Xmas thats why they do it.

Paints made by poisoning chinese workers F*****G multinationals,i will have to stop using there paints after CD .i like foundry paintsystem but would have to spend �300 to get what i want