[Archive] Sorcerer on Lammasu WIP

Xander:

This guy looks amazing. You managed to do out with the “ugly” face and bring in a majestic looking face. Something more befitting of the Lammasu.

Congrats!

thyrk the butcher:

:hat off to u that is one of the best Lammasu i have ever seen

Lord Darkash:

Fantastic GS-fu! 1000 slaves for your industries!

Canix:

He is great a formidable lammusu cool:hat off

Grongi Blackbeard:

this is simply awsome!:hat off

cant wait to see it painted:hashut

Ghrask Dragh:

I had to look twice when I saw a new post on this thread!

this is simply awsome!

cant wait to see it painted
Thank You very much! what happened here is I spent so long sculpting the model the momentum kind of left, if you know what I mean. It is still sitting on my desk ready to be painted after a few more additions here and there like a few bits and peices on the horns, more hair, more chains and a decent base.

It will definetly be finished, just not sure when :cheers

grunts:

oh great google-moogle, how’d i miss this thread! That is a stupendous sculpt!

wallacer:

I actually prefer it to the GW one.

Willmark:

Seriously. Wow, just Wow, this thing is ridiculous… and in a good way Paint the damn thing already!

Tallhat:

I am looking really forward to seeing this thing painted. Bloody well done there.

- Tallhat

Grongi Blackbeard:

are you kidding? this is MUCH better than the GW one

wallacer:

are you kidding? this is MUCH better than the GW one

Grongi Blackbeard
Yes, it is. That's why I said I prefer it.

AGPO:

i liked the old lammasu head, but I far prefer this conversion, kudos my friend

Ghrask Dragh:

The new interest in this thread has goaded me out of updating my Night Goblin army and back to this little project.

I have finished modelling the base and am starting a few of the improvments to the Lammasu, during which time I started thinking about the colour-scheme and realised still I have no colour-scheme! I have no idea what colour to paint the Lammasu, the original model was painted with black skin and a red beard :~ needless to say it will not happen here, well not the red beard anyway, the body is that of a bull but I don’t want to paint it brown or white with black patterns and the face is human(ish) so should I paint it in flesh tones?

I am stuck on this and fortunetly have enough to do with the sculting that it is not so much of a problem yet. I would like to hear any thoughts or ideas any of you might have on the subject, so please… what should I do?

Canix:

I have been thinking about the same thing as my taraus and lammusu are now based and undercoated .

I was thinking of black fading thro purple to blue but very dark with subtle lightblue highlight for my lammusu as the taurus will be flaming(added lots of GS flames on hooves):hashut

A problem i am still pondering is how to represent the billowing clouds of magic around the lammusu:hat

Ghrask Dragh:

The magic thing is a struggle, I was thinking about burned/scarred symbols over the Lammasu body, but then it would seem too forced imo and the Lammasu is magic by nature so that was out of the window!

The blue sounds good but I am set on using blue for the sorcerer ontop so I don’t think I should use it for the creature aswell. I was thinking of doing a lion tail and sculpting the hooves on the back legs the same as a lions claws to try and pass it off as a big chunky looking lion, which might work as the hair I have done and will add to looks abit like a mane.

Canix

A problem i am still pondering is how to represent the billowing clouds of magic around the lammusu :hat
That will be a problem, the standard for smoke is cotton wool or steel wool but it’s hard to make them look good. I would say the cotton wool is worth a try with maybe some sort of dye or watered down paint used lightly in places, maybe green or blue? You are going to post pics of them right, that taurus sounds awesome!, you have to post them!

Canix:

I will still wip but am taking photos as i go:hat

Thats how i was thinking cotton steel wool purple and blue and silver and sparse amounts only will see

Arlon:

you know i know a guy who could make the best gyro copter youve ever seen from green stuff and a watch

but i honestly think that this is the best green stuff work ive seen

please apply to gw

Kera foehunter:

wow that is perfict great job

AGPO:

Can we see the painted model soon please?