[Archive] [split] this is my last post

Grimstonefire:

I split this as (imo) it has absolutely nothing to do with what happened before, and Kera’s choice of bumping a year old thread with so many… negative connotations was not helpful as it was completely out of context.

Kera obviously didn’t feel the need to divulge why she felt this way, and it would not really be a matter for the staff to post (or speculate) about.

As far as I’m concerned that is pretty much the end of what needs to be said really, the end of the story.  If Kera wants to come back she will, if she doesn’t she won’t.

Hashut’s Blessing:

As GSF has said, we honestly couldn’t say what made her leave. She obviously didn’t want to say, but an e-mail to her may prompt a response if anyone is desperate to know.

The split was due to this dragging up a previous thread that was negative and is irrelevant to this.

It’s a shame something has made her leave and to throw the forum up in arms as to wondering why, but we can;t change that unfortunately.

Gar Shadowfame:

what thread was it?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Grimstonefire:

If you do a search it was the one called ‘this is my last post’ :wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

It shouldn’t be too difficult to find, but I’m not sure why it is needed to be read, lol. Still, feel free, may as well keep up to date on members and ex-members alike, eh?

Joshmohr:

Fare-well!!! Raises a mug of absinthe

GRNDL:

due to the on going harrament from the staff  here   i QUIT  !!!! there
you won !! THAT WHAT YOU WANTED !!

Kera foehunter
Kera obviously didn't feel the need to divulge why she felt this way, and it would not really be a matter for the staff to post (or speculate) about.

Grimstonefire
As GSF has said, we honestly couldn't say what made her leave. She obviously didn't want to say, but an e-mail to her may prompt a response if anyone is desperate to know.

Hashut's Blessing
I find all this oddly evasive. Kera does mention why she's leaving: some kind of harassment from the staff, but the mods state that they don't know why at all. I'm inclined to believe that the staff aren't being forthcoming because either they don't know - which may imply that one of the staff is doing something without the rest knowing if there has been some kind of transgression against Kera - or that they don't find it that constructive to try to resolve the issue in a positive sense, that is, they just don't want her back, which doesn't bode well for the community, IMO.

Anyway, I'm not wanting politics, just some honesty and some answers. I guess until something is posted that has some amount of realistic arbitration and supported explanation - from either side, this is just going to hang in the air, elephant in the room style.

black hammer:

There goes our last female.

cornixt:

It would be wrong for any of the staff to discuss Kera’s motives unless she is involved in the discussion or gives her explicit permission. I can say that we didn’t force her to leave, we weren’t really expecting it, she left of her own accord, and she can come back whenever she likes.

Grimstonefire:

As Cornixt said, it did come as out of the blue that she has actually left, it was unexpected and definately not ideally what we would have wanted.  That is what HB meant about why we couldn’t say what made her leave, the unknown emotional response from another person, as we all interpret things in different ways.  Anyhow, if any more needs to be known it will be (if kera says).

@Black Hammer

We still have Sojourn, and there was another lass on here some time ago, inactive now I think (I can’t remember her username)

Gar Shadowfame:

Why was my post deleted, i was trying to get an answer why someone is called an “ex-member”,  non posting doesnt equals to no browsing, or being a member.

Also “we cant make her come back” should i read it as  “i am her aquaintace she means what she says, at least for now”

or " i will never admit what she wants me to admit so i guess she wont come back"

Honestly i hardly belive Kera was intentionaly going against anoyone for the sake of argument since she is one of best spirited people who post here, i dont follow all her posts obviously but the ones i know show very positive attitude and maby a lil of hotheadnes:D, but also being truthfull to her own mindset and belives.

I have to add that besides being stubborn at times, staff i had conversations with are wishing for the best for community, and individual members, in my case although i had serious talks about certain attitude aspects, (after i decided not to comment any rules “developement”…) but i cant say i am unhappy that they raised the issue or how it was handled.

I rly have difficulties in understanding what is going on.

Also it is not 1st of April…

Grimstonefire:

Also "we cant make her come back" should i read it as  "i am her aquaintace she means what she says, at least for now"
or " i will never admit what she wants me to admit so i guess she wont come back"

Gar Shadowfame
Sorry, I didn't understand a word of that! :) Lol.  I have spoken to Kera since this, imo she seemed calm and considered about it all, so there *may* be a chance she will want to return at some point.  She didn't actually say that, but who knows.  Not that I should be promoting membership for another forum (especially my own), but Kera is still actively posting over on the Slayer Brotherhood, and is more than welcome to do so. ;)

I wasn't aware that any of your posts had been deleted, was it the last one before the split?  I may have done something accidently.

There are only two types of 'ex members' on CDO; those annoying few that remain as 'unregistered' after something Xander did years ago, and banned members.  We have not banned anyone human yet, only spambots.

Gar Shadowfame:

We have not banned anyone human yet
if i will be the first oe then i need some therapy.

But seriously, coud you guys write why kera decided to stop actively interact on forum?
She plainly points at someone as the reason, and hence she aint gonna post anything, i wont get it from her, nor i want to harras her with email.
I find it weird that she left.

Grimstonefire:

I know there is a great air of mystery about all this, and it’s not something we normally have on this forum (hence people are probably more curious about it all than anything else), but as already said, it would not be fair of us to speculate about what another person was thinking.  If we did do this (aside from the fact we may all disagree), it would not prove anything anyway as we could be totally wrong.

If she comes back she does, if she doesn’t she doesn’t.  We did make it very clear that she was always welcome.

I don’t know if kera wants to be contacted about all this, but if she does you can either join my forum (hint ;)) or try emailing her.

Edit:

She probably is reading all this stuff anyway you realise (I would be).

Gar Shadowfame:

that depends, reading could tempt to writing some some people chose to ignore the whole are of life to fullfil certain obligations.

I am more asking about staff’es side of story that writing about her side

Willmark:

I find all this oddly evasive. Kera does mention why she's leaving: some kind of harassment from the staff, but the mods state that they don't know why at all.  I'm inclined to believe that the staff aren't being forthcoming because either they don't know - which may imply that one of the staff is doing something without the rest knowing if there has been some kind of transgression against Kera - or that they don't find it that constructive to try to resolve the issue in a positive sense, that is, they just don't want her back, which doesn't bode well for the community, IMO.

Anyway, I'm not wanting politics, just some honesty and some answers. I guess until something is posted that has some amount of realistic arbitration and supported explanation - from either side, this is just going to hang in the air, elephant in the room style...

GRNDL
Or there are alternative possiblities to all of this. I will point out that your hypothesis (either one) are not correct.

To all-
As a group we reach decsions and try and act for the betterment of the community as a whole. Likewise the community as whole is not party to discussions that the Staff partakes in, then you are often left with one side of the story. We also respect the rights of the individual, even moreso in this case as there is no ban in place and we welcome her to post if she chooses to.

Kera is claiming "ongoing harrasment" when fact we have not done so and have been extremely accomidating and polite. Her reaction to leave (again) is not the result of the Staff telling her to leave, I not sure how I can make that any clearer. It's entirely her reaction to make these statements. We didn't tell her to leave last year, were not telling her to leave now. Again this is entirely her choice.

Any members actions are their own, whether it's a choice to post or not post. Chaos Dwarfs Online is a open, tolerant place, but by the same token the Staff is not infinitely patient.

Contrary to popular belief we don't hold secret meetings on how to alienate the community or to antagonize people. In short this is a catch 22. Some will believe speculate that we are no matter what we might say.

In short as we have stated before if Kera wants to post here: no one is stopping her from doing so other then Kera. If she chooses to not post here it's likewise her choice. I'm not sure how I or the staff can otherwise phrase this. And also in typing this I realize that people are going to be upset no matter what... So again catch 22.

So in closing: if she chooses to return she is free to do so and we welcome her back. And again, return is a misnomer as no one told her to "leave".

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Kera is claiming "ongoing harrasment"
As GSF has said, we honestly couldn't say what made her leave.
As Cornixt said, it did come as out of the blue that she has actually left, it was unexpected and definately not ideally what we would have wanted.
Just to try and put some sense into all of this and to put it into perspective:

Is there anything "Automatic" you guys set up on this server that automatically send an E-mail with a possible "Do Not Spam" warning in it?

Logically deducing the situation......

a.) Kera loves posting things because she is addicted to web fourms, wants to be helpful and wants to chat with her fourm friends
b.) Kera isn't concerned with "Post Count", just the fact that she can post as she pleases because she is a free spirit
c.) The system has a set "30 post per day limit" and has an automatic reaction when said limit is reached or exceeded
d.) Kera posts 31+ posts per day on adverage
e.) The computer kicks into action and sends her the "You are Spamming and will get blocked...signed the moderators" letter
f.) This happens to her every day because she can't stop posting more than 31+ posts per day
g.) Kera finally has enough of this, thinks that the Staff are sending the letters, and she rages and leaves fourm.

With this in mind, the staff wouldn't know what upset her because it wasn't the staff sending the letters, but the automatic website computer response in it's attempts to stop harmful "Spam" like an annoying identical 100+ posts of "buy this product from our web site" type of thing.

Kera probably didn't realize that this was an "Automatic Response" from the web's "Spam Guard Robot" and considered that it was a direct Staff attack (which apparently, it wasn't).

My suggestion to remedy this paticular problem is to do one of the following things :

a.) Remove the Automatic Spam Guard limit for Kera and other "High Posters"
b.) Increase the ammount of posts the Automatic Spam Guard will handle before it sends out it's letter - say 50-75 posts per day
c.) Remove the Automatic Spam Guard alltogether.

In any case, I think the staff should send a letter to Kera apologizing for this confusion, explaing the ASG and what it does and WHY it does it (obviously NOT to personally block Kera, but to block the real harmful Spam like "Buy this product...") and that this wasn't a personal response, but a heartless automated one...and hopefully this will help get her back.

To all involved : Please don't read this as if I'm taking sides, but that I am typing this with the intention of restoring order and remedying this situation so that in future, we don't loose more people due to a "Computer Error". Afterall, CDO is a "Human Based" website, isn't it? :D

Grimstonefire:

There is no automatic system here for spamming leading to banning.  There is no automatic system at all for issuing warning ‘points’ at all on this forum for anything, and unless we changed the entire system the forum is based on and started again I doubt there ever will be.  It is all human based (except for willmark, who is hardwired). :wink:

I actually prefer it this way, as it gives the staff some room for leniency and judgement.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, that was just my speculation. No harm done, right?

Gar Shadowfame:

Human based decisions are best for small communities with members logging on for years.

Well i hope Kera will cool down and think it over and make better decision, better for us who like her ofc :smiley: