[Archive] [split] this is my last post

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thanks for clarifying my statement GSF, lol. Wish I’d been somewhat clearer in the first place. It’d help to prevent confusion, eh?

GRNDL, I’d like to ask if the staff have done things that have led you to the belief that we would act that way towards someone? Because we always aim to go out of our way to avoid such actions, although it is not our nature in the first place.

Tarrak: Very clever thinking, but unfortunately for your theory, the 30 posts max. limit simply prevents further posting and doesn’t send any automatic messages. So, again, we’d simply be speculating, as you were. You’re right, there was no harm in your speculating, particularly since you made sure to specify that it was simply a theory that you thought possible :wink:

GRNDL:

GRNDL, I'd like to ask if the staff have done things that have led you to the belief that we would act that way towards someone? Because we always aim to go out of our way to avoid such actions, although it is not our nature in the first place.

Hashut's Blessing
I'm just going off of the verb Kera uses in her goodbye message: "harrassment". That implies that some kind of behaviour from the staff has encouraged her to leave. I don't know what that is, or was, or could be, or whether the intent behind it was untoward - all I know is that she has described it as "harassment" and obviously got to her enough to make her feel unwelcome.

What dealings have you had with Kera that might be labeled as, or misconstrued as, harassment?

I labelled the staff response as "evasive" because in general, there's not even been a theory as to why, nor an explanation of their side (if there is one). It appears to me that they, collectively, are trying to put distance between themselves and this fiasco, or at least seem uncaring that they've lost an enthusiastic supporter.

cornixt:

It’s very hard to describe without giving away details that should probably be kept private. We aren’t being evasive for any reason other than to protect Kera’s privacy. It was directly in response to staff actions which weren’t meant with any ill intent. Unfortunately she took it that way. There are certain things that we have no control over and this was one of them.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

And since this episode, has anyone in the staff tried to contact her and work it out?

AGPO:

GRNDL: Any individual contact between staff and members is 100% confidential. We keep it that way both for individual member’s sake and for the community as a whole. We’re not being evasive in keeping a private issue one member has off the boards in general. It is a shame that Kera chooses to make melodramatic posts like this one every time she chooses to take a leave of absence. If she chooses to post anything on here and make it public, then we as a staff will respond. I will simply repeat what the other staff have said here. We have no issue with Kera as a person and would really like it if she decided to post again. If she doesn’t want to it’s her call.

Tarrakk - No we haven’t, nor would we. If Kera wants to speak to me (or any of the other staff) as a friend then that’s cool, if not it’s her call. Either way, its not our role as staff to chase around after individual members. As an individual I’ve known Kera for nearly three years now and I’d like to consider her a friend, however as a staff member I’m obligated to treat all members in exactly the same way. None of us as staff would allow an emotional response or a personal friendship with a member to affect any official dealings with members.

If Clam or Pyro for example, both guys I get on with very well and I’ve known since this site was founded were to breach any site rules, I’d be obligated as a mod to respond just as I would to someone who has been a member for a day. Grim has been in touch with Kera friend to friend on the Slayer Brotherhood, but not in his capacity as a CDO Admin.

P.S. I know as gamers it’s in our nature to read as much as is humanly possible into any statement. I am a very straight-forward bloke and generally say exactly what I mean without any hidden layers of meaning. Please don’t try and extract anything else from my words other than what it is I’ve said in plain terms. Lastly I’d like to say that CDO is a very strong community, before Kera joined as well as the many years she was a member. It will still be a strong community if she chooses to come back or not - we’re more than one member.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, that clarifies some things AGPO! :smiley:

Patrikson:

due to the on going harrament from the staff  here   i QUIT  !!!! there
you won !! THAT WHAT YOU WANTED !!
* Kera crys as she leves the site for the last time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *
    MISS ALL OF YOU !!  YOUR WHERE ALL MY  FAIMLY
GOOD -BY
KERA FOEHUNTER

EDIT:  I've split this as the reasons why are nothing to do with what happened before.  This puts this thread in context.   - Grim

Kera foehunter
DON'T GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
*Cries in fetal position*
I'm in my happy place, I'm in my happy place, IM IN MY HAPPY PLACE!!!
*Goes berserk and starts throwing chairs at people then crawls back into fetal position*
Why are you going Kera?

Grimstonefire:

It may be wise to send her an email, as she has not been back here since.  She posts all the time on the Slayer Brotherhood if anyone is interested.

Sousunou:

Personally, I think it really is a shame that Kera has decided to leave. I have not been active on the forums for a while so I have missed a fair amount and am not up to date, however as long as the community has not changed drastically (A big assumption but one I am confident about) then I am believe there is no reason that this should be made as big as it appears to have been.

It is never nice to lose an active forum member on any site, so the same is obviously valid here, although it is always a choice of the individual. I am reluctant to believe that there has been any intentional malice shown by any parties as most of the time we all seem to see eye-to-eye. But then the same thing happens every day in life. People will say something stupid or otherwise offensive without actually realising how it could be construed. I am sure this was a misunderstanding, although I may be wrong.

TLDR: Sorry to see Kera gone, would gladly welcome back.

:cheers:

Da Crusha:

I heard she was eaten by a troll…I dunno, its just what I heard…

Nicodemus:

This is all very unfortunate. Good bye Kera… :yar

With Kera leaving our number of female Chaos Dwarfs has taken a significant hit… the Great Dawi-Zharr Empire needs females to bolster our population. Where can we find more?

~N

Baggronor:

With Kera leaving our number of female Chaos Dwarfs has taken a significant hit...
A 50% hit if I am not mistaken. That's a panic test. :|

Obsidian:

Again?! :wink:

Lot’s of fuss and attention 'bout nothing. Maybe not enough attention elsewhere… ?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Actually, it was 25% (maybe 20%) from the last that I knew, but that is of total female members, not of the active ones :wink:

Still, it’s a panic test for the other females nonetheless :wink:

Anyhow, let’s keep this on topic or let it die down again, eh?