[Archive] [split] tjubs Kollossus

Gavan Sing:

tjub
Hi Tjub,

I'm going to be shameless & ask you what did you use to make the Kollossus. I'm inspired to make mine & your look to be the closest to what I envision. I can only guess the torso was a 40K dreadnought body but the rest I'm hoop.

Warlord Zharhak

tjub:

Its based on a model I found really cheap in a box at a convention, dont remember what I was but if you read throu some older pages in the thread I think its stated there. Its same as the “dragon head cannon”.

Ive actually started on some CDs again, guess Ill have to update this thread too… :slight_smile:

GRNDL:

Its a Scotia Grendel War golem, Gladiator type

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=47_57&products_id=289

tjub:

Its a Scotia Grendel War golem, Gladiator type

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=47_57&products_id=289

GRNDL
Thank you GRNDL, Im a bit lazy in the morning before Ive had my coffie... :P

Gavan Sing:

Thanks guys. :slight_smile:

step 1, time to start pulling out the plastic. Step 2, time to convince the local group to let me play the indy Gt list

Warlord Zharhak

Gar Shadowfame:

GRNDL d u have any idea if this company has smaller scale but similar type of wargolems?

Thorne:

Afraid they dont Gar Shadowflame just variations on the Kollosus that Tjub and I are using/converting but they do have a large selection of organ gun/bolthrower/cannons that woulldnt look too out of place.

GRNDL:

@Gar

I have no idea. Your best bet is to look at their webpage and see what they have. Sorry

Gar Shadowfame:

their website wasnt loading for me in the morning, but i checked it now, and mortar with dwarf is great, could be imba earthshaker, also this organ guns could be great base for demoneaters from indy gt these have similar front to tenderisers

Old Painless:

This is one of the coolest things I’ve seen!

nitroglysarine:

any attempt at painting it yet?

tjub:

Nopp… The thing is that I had not touched my CDs for 3-4 months and when I got back to them I wasnt satisfied with my earlier work. So I decided to redo the army and selling most of my units except my Lammasu and a few chatacters. My first buyer never payed so Ill put them upp on ebay or something similar instead. Maybe someone on CDO would be interested. Anyway, the kolossus isnt painted and wont be either, atleast not by me… :slight_smile:

And for my “new” army Ive about 2/3 done with my first unit. Ill try to get some photos of them, my hobby time has been consumed by our Stalingrad FoW campain…

GRNDL:

You’ve been selling your army and this is the first we hear about it? For shame… for shame…!

tjub:

You've been selling your army and this is the first we hear about it? For shame... for shame...!

GRNDL
Haha, well its not sold yet since I got tired to wait for the money and told him I wasnt intrested in him as a buyer anymore. :)
This is a bit OT, but if there are anyone intrested on CDO send me a pm, or Ill might have to do a thread for it under selling/buying. Id much rather see that it goes to a fellow member. My goal with selling them was to pay for the new stuff.

The reason I didnt put them up here was mainly that I thought ppl here were too dedicated making their own stuff so no one would be intrested... :P

Thorne:

tjub
The reason I didnt put them up here was mainly that I thought ppl here were too dedicated making their own stuff so no one would be intrested... :P

GRNDL
Your blunderbusses wont fit in my army and ive been using night goblins as chaos dwarf warriors so they wont quite fit rigth in my army. But damn the cannon and Astrogoth too .. That just seams so wrong.

nitroglysarine:

/thread lich!!!

I was looking at the MK1 Model on there as a basis for my Kollossus:-

This fella, a bit of modernising and i think it’d be awesome. Although I’ve sent an email to the guy a couple of days ago and no reply. Has anyone got any idea if the model is any good? I can only find a one angle shot of it. :frowning:

nitroglysarine:

Well, that wasn’t a useful response from the company.

Basically a short "no, that’s the only picture we have."

Oh well goodbye a sale for them if they can’t be arsed to take a picture with more than 200X270 resolution that’s poorly contrasted. Nevermind then.

Thorne:

Since Juniour left the company that place has gone really down hill. He specificaly drove home to pick up a imperial guardsman to then drive back and photograph something for me so I could get a idea of proportion. Shame their sites not up to much. I just sold my own Kollosus too so no idea. As a proportion shot I have
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7117/s7001178.jpg

Bearing in mind the little guy with the huge gun is a old school gretchin with a thump tack in his head id say its about 240ish or so mm tall

nitroglysarine:

@Thorne, ta for that, its about the size i’d hoped for MK2.

The guy i’m talking to ‘Robert’ as it comes up on the emails, says it would be ‘to much trouble’ to get some more pictures of it.

Shame, I quite fancied one, but now i’m tempted to boycott as they are not exactly helpful

Thorne:

Really they could do with updating their webstore too, Its kinda … pants for want of a better term.