[Archive] Tamurkhan out on Gamesday UK!

wallacer:

Not looking forward to $200 ebay purchase...

grimsnikk
I wouldn't worry.  Nobody's going to pay $200 on eBay when WF will be selling it soon for 45 quid.

[edit] okay, some people might, but no sane person would.

Thommy H:

Yeah, I’m not quite sure why everyone is going mental about getting this from Games Day - it is actually going to be sold as an ordinary product by FW right afterwards. Just buy it like a normal person.

wallacer:

Very true. Personally if I were going to Gamesday i’d be a lot more interested in grabbing those Games Day only miniatures.

Especially a certain short one with a beard.

Admiral:

Edit: I thought it was up for pre-order already and would be released some days after Games Day. Hadn’t checked.

Grimstonefire:

For the benefit of everyone else…

@Veshnakar

Pm sent. :wink:

From the email "Tamurkhan: Throne of Chaos will be on sale in limited numbers at Games Day UK"

I’m guessing this means it won’t be on general release for at least 1 month.  Otherwise they would accept preorders at Games day (maybe they wouldn’t normally do this???).

Anyhow, I’m going to try and buy 2 copies, one of which I’ll offer to Veshnakar first, then anyone else if he doesn’t want it.

wallacer:

I'm guessing this means it won't be on general release for at least 1 month.  

Grimstonefire
It's almost as if GW have never heard of piracy.

Nicodemus:

Guess this means all those “normal” people will be waiting to buy it… hence some of us mental people wanting it earlier.

Galladorn:

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why everyone is going mental about getting this from Games Day - it is actually going to be sold as an ordinary product by FW right afterwards. Just buy it like a normal person.

Thommy H
But.....but....but....We want it NOW!!!!

Coopervisor:

Well fingers crossed I should already have somebody picking me up a show only Hellsmith. I think I can wait on the book for a little longer. Not much longer mind :stuck_out_tongue:

nilbog:

I emailed forgeworld and got a swift reply from Tris Buckroyd who says it will be available for pre-order over the next couple of weeks.

KramDratta:

Great news… cheers Nilbog

Grimstonefire:

Presumably that means a minimum of 2 weeks, perhaps 3 or 4 until general release.

Vogon:

After a conversation on the phone I had you will be able to pre-order it on the day if they sell out and the postage will be waved for those that do.

Hope this helps.

Have fun and hope to see some of you there.

Vogon

MartyF:

Did they give any indication how many would be there for sale?

Vogon:

Sorry no.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

MartyF:

I Emailed Forgeworld before lunch with the same question and just got a reply. Tris reckons about 300 copies, so I’m definitely aiming to get there early.

Grimstonefire:

If you can preorder it on the day I can’t anticipate there will be any decent money to be made from getting a second book now. Ah well.

MartyF:

Well, if you get a book on the day and I don’t I’ll give you £60 there and then!

Grimstonefire:

I’ve decided I’m going to stick to one book (presuming it doesn’t sell out in first half an hour) and order some hellsmiths instead. Mercenary I know, but in this case I’m in it for the money and I’ll get more that way in the long run. :wink:

nilbog:

If your getting some hellsmiths, can you get one for me as well? Obviously at 150% mark up for all your time and effort. pm me if that’s ok.