[Archive] The beginning of the end

Hashut’s Blessing:

Good lad. 1:30am? A little early to go to bed, surely? Sounds like a good model to me, though!

Filipicusius:

If the hobgoblins look like THAT, i can’t whait to see how the dwarfs will look!

Sojourn:

1.30 am!? well, I suppose I am on CDO at 1am… on a worknight. god, when did I get old?

so most of your piece’s are “Geckilian Originals” then eh? nice GS work, flawless really. and great conversions :slight_smile:

Geckilian:

Thanks everyone. I’ve managed to paint another 10 Hobgoblins but didn’t bother to take a picture of them as they look the same as the others.

I also managed to finished 6 Wolf Riders, including the muscian:

The Earthshaker has also had a basecoat and wash to match the 3 crew thus far:

I’m quite behind though, since I have 4 Wolf Riders and 27 Hobgoblins to actually finish making and paint in 5 days, so here’s hoping I manage…

Thommy H:

Nice. You should have given the Wolf Riders bows and shields instead though. Trust me - best unit in the game in that configuration (I might start putting that quote in my sig).

Geckilian:

The Wolf Riders will be getting shields once evrything else is done - I’ll be using Beastmen shields. I was tempted by bows, But decided against it.

Geckilian:

Well I was awake till 2.30 am last night carving 19 Goblin heads, re-basing 15 Hobgoblins and sculpting 19 hoods to finish making another 15 and the remaining 4 Wolf Riders, and today I managed to finish painting them as well! No pictures since they’re just the same as those before.

This means that I now only have to make and paint 12 remaining Hobgoblins in 5 days, though I only really have Thursday and Friday to work on them. At any rate, I’m back on track!

Kera foehunter:

love the wolves can’t wait till you get the canon done

Sojourn:

shiny. :slight_smile: you should leave the cannon like that :stuck_out_tongue:

Viskar Zhragoth:

Geckilian…Wow! Those are great. you are making your hobgobbos in basically the same way I started to. I like the look of yours, so I hope mine can come out half as nice!

LOVE the wolves. Looks like I’ll need Wargs now too…

Thanks for sharing these. I needed the inspiration recently, and this has helped so much!

Viskar Zhragoth----yes I’m back!

“The announcement of his demise was a bit premature, my lord”

wallacer:

Very nice paintjob on the Wolf Riders.

zorn sabretooth:

great minis but one thing won’t wolf riders look a bit out of proportion with the infantry?

al-hashut:

Well done on the wolves, much more sleeker looking than the regular bodies.

two_heads_talking:

very nice sculpting work…

I suppose the only criticism/nitpick I ahve is that the flames are backwards. Fire is hottest at its source and therefore, the brighter colors would be towards the center, while the edges would darken at the cooler end (away from the torch)…

I’d post up pics, but it seems my short link-fu is weak…

although this link is a good start http://www.chuckbauman.com/true-fire-flames.htm

Geckilian:

I’m fully aware of that Two_heads_talking, but this method was faster to paint and the entire army is being speed painted. Thanks for the sculpting compliment.

two_heads_talking:

no worries mate. Do you happen to have a step by step WIP for the bolt throwers? Failing that do you have a parts list that you used for them?

Geckilian:

Unfortunately I don’t have a step by step with pictures, but I can describe it well enough.

The £12 Dwarf Miner box comes with 2 drills consisting of main drill section, little wheel and 2 legs joined together. All that really needs to be done is to glue the 2 legs on the flat bit before the correct join (seen on mine). Then add a length of plastic rod slightly forward of the 2 legs to complete the tripod, and cut off the drill bit on the end of the main drill. Lastly add a spear cut down to your length of preference where the drill bit was and add the little wheel to the side.

5 plactic bits to make a Bolt Thrower, not too shabby.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking very nice and the Hellcannon seems promising. If you can do 15 hobgoblins and wolves in one night, it shouldn;t be too difficult to do 12 in two days :smiley: Make sure you get unti pictures and a whole slave-section picture up when done :smiley: As always, I eagerly await!

Geckilian:

Right-o, update time.

I did nothing hobby related during the day on Thursday, but overnight finished the 12 Hobgoblins ready for painting, as well as a Space Marine character to be seen in my other thread. I then finished the 12 Hobs today, and took an army shot so far, showing all the Hobgoblins in my army:

A few days rest, then on to the Chaos Dwarfs!

Xander:

You are insane, Sir. Congrats!! Bring on the Dawi-Zharr!

Are those glade rider legs you used, or what? Well done on the Riders!