[Archive] The CDO Army Book

Scion:

(I put in the Discussion thread so enough people would see it, just so you know)

I’ve seen an awful lot of awesome army books out there designed by the members of this forum. There are some great ideas and stuff out there. But to cut a long speech short I think we should make an army list, everyone on Chaos Dwarfs online. A book that everybody contributes too and is part of.

Forget hats/masks or all the other arguments. We need a new direction. Something awe inspiring and epic. Something so great that none can ignore!! None will stop are march for World domination. :hashut :hashut In the name of Hashut!! I’d like i to be the official CDO army book. It would be something like the Legion of Nagash, I think (correct me if I’m wrong) done by everyone on Carpe Noctem. Or a lot of them anyway. I’d like it to be like that But that’s enough ranting and raving for now.

I’d like to do Fluff for it and if anyone else does I’d love it if someone else would. If you want it, sign up here.

Pyro Stick:

Isnt the Indy GT Dwarfs of Chaos book good enough? There was a hell of a lot of effort put into that so i would imagine that everoyne that contributed to that (inc. a lot of people from CDO) probably dont have any motivation to do a completely new one when the book already completed is perfectly fine. Any new fan book wont be anywhere near as professional or close to official as that one is, until the GW book comes out.

Scion:

I don’t mean to subtract or smudge the Indy GT book, it truly is a work of art and one of the finest pieces of writing I’ve ever read. It certainly was good enough, and surpassed any expectations I had. I’m sorry if I came across as aggressive or trying to besmirch the Indy Book. It was just an idea, but If no one wants to then we won’t.

snowblizz:

I think the problem is we are all too Chaotic for that!

There’s about 1 vision of Chaos Dwarfs per member, as can be seen from the 3 or so armybooks written by forum members.

Check any rule development thread. It immediately bogs down into 4-5 different ideas on how a rule should work. :smiley:

Scion:

Well then you make a completely new rule!! We could try, you never know it might work. If you don’t try you never know. :slight_smile:

Baggronor:

Its already been proven that we don’t all agree on anything regarding detailed CD rules :slight_smile: I think it would be impossible to create a list that everyone on CDO was happy with. From fluff to rules, there’s just too much that people won’t agree on.

Willmark:

Pyro- you never know, nor would I be so sure about that… Seems to me there is an HUGE amount of material featured in Word of Hashut 1-5 and in #6 coming up

Bazil:

I completely agree with Baggronor and Willmark though it is a great idea it would not be possible. I mean I really like the Indy book there are a few things I may change but thats just me.

also my vision of Chaos Dwarfs are more a mutated breed of dwarfs leading away from the Big Hats. Considering they have been around thousands of years longer than humans they should be more apt to mutations and just be more Chaosy all around

mattbird:

I agree it’s not possible to agree. lol

heck, I don’t even agree with half the things in the Indy GT book, and it’s mine!

Scion:

Ok then, it was worth a try.

Willmark:

Indeed i’ve been working on mine for about two years, I finally figured out that if I try to get concensus that it will never get done so what I’m slowly doing is working on it one unit at a time with my Sith Apprentice.

It will be my vision of how they should be.

Scion:

And I’m working on mine. Not great so far, but getting better.

Grimstonefire:

If you wanted a 2nd opinion on anything with your list willmark just let me know.

Unfortunately one of the big drawbacks of actually having a proper book (whenever that may be), is that the chances are all of us will dislike something.  That’s one thing I find quite entertaining at the moment, how we can all look at one army and come up with something very different.  It’s something you don’t see with any other army really.

Maybe I will have to start a Nippon or Ind forum when the CD get their book! :slight_smile:

Willmark:

I have written a Nippon, Estalian and Norse book, I juts got to re-upload them…

Scion:

That’s a lot of books! Who/what are the Estellians?

Willmark:

Area to the west of Bretonnian, north west of Tilea. Roughly analogous to Spain/Portugal.

It has always been a underdeveloped area of fluff so I made it Inquistion timeline Spain in it’s feel.

(queue Monty Python jokes)

Scion:

Sounds different to say the least!!

snowblizz:

It has always been a underdeveloped area of fluff so I made it Inquistion timeline Spain in it's feel.

Willmark
I didn't expect that.

(There you go Willmark)

Sounds interesting really. Waiting eagerly for those armybooks. Gonna put them on DoW online?

Thommy H:

If anyone wants to see what a hilarious disaster this project would be, just look in the Rules Development forum for the attempt at making a “Ravening Hordes 2.0” list - essentially, Ravening Hordes tidied up with phrasing and presentation to match the 7th Edition standard, including fluff and updates from FAQs. Those involved (including myself) couldn’t even agree on some of the basic tenets of the background and the whole thing crashed and burned.

No one will ever, ever agree on every detail of a new army list and I speak with some conviction when I say that trying to make one could potentially tear CDO apart.

Willmark:

It has always been a underdeveloped area of fluff so I made it Inquistion timeline Spain in it's feel.

Willmark
I didn't expect that.

(There you go Willmark)

Sounds interesting really. Waiting eagerly for those armybooks. Gonna put them on DoW online?

snowblizz
Yeah probably makes the most sense.