[Archive] The Duergar of Gracklstugh! (an evil Dwarf plog)

tjub:

The AoW slayers will look great in your army theme…

that guy:

yeah those AoW dwarves will look good.I’m anxious to see what you do with them since I just ordered some right before I checked in to see yours on display.

No doubt I’ll be looking to your Duergar berzerkers for inspiration over the next several weeks!

Duergar Warlord:

and here’s a first glimpse of the Runecaster of Gracklstugh! also known as the runesmith, the wyrmsmith the one and only! (fielded as a runelord) :smiley:

Duergar Warlord:

and here is another AOW conversion

(the perfectionist inside of me is crying for the lenght of the weapon that rests on his shoulder - i will cut it down a bit for a more coherent feeling)

tjub:

That Rune Smith doesnt look too happy, really nice model… :slight_smile:

that guy:

that runesmith is pretty groovy.I like it a whole lot.

I very much like the other guy too.Dont worry too much about the different lengths of his clubs, they look good.Not to mention, espada y daga is a very effective method of armed combat, I think it translates literally to sword and dagger, but was taught to me as long and short weapon, an awesome system for being really nasty at a lot of different ranges…just some food for thought to your perfectionist side.

Skink:

Nooooo, don’t shorten the clubs!!! Big & dangerous is the way! Besides, he look veeery cool :slight_smile:

Duergar Warlord:

and here’s a little something for you flufflovers out there :slight_smile:

-------------------------------------------------

‘What do you mean we are lost?’ grunted ilmryn with impatience. The head scout sensed the controlled fury in

the voice of his leader and cautiously backed away. They had been walking along the dark corridors for what

seemed an eternity without even getting close to their prey or finding their way out.

ilmryn had grown wary of the chase. At first it had all seemed very easy, a quick catch, and the dark elves had

tracked their game through the night, certain of their kill. They had followed underground in the hope of

tightening the pursuit but had lost valuable time. At the corner of one corridor, they had suddenly come to a dead end.

No trace existed of the short humanoids they had been following, so they must have found another way out.

They tried several passages, all dark and silent, and had come to the conclusion that they had lost the tracks.

Ilmryn had called off the chase and they had been backing their way up until the scouts at the front of the

formation had stopped.

‘We can’t be lost!’ barked ilmryn.

He violently pushed aside the scout and walked in front of the small column. He faced the darkness of the

tunnel, trying to get a glimpse of any light source that would indicate to him they were close to the surface. He

wiped the sweat covering his forehead and swore in silence. Turning back to the scouts waiting for his orders,

he signalled them to follow.

They walked through more tunnels, crawled in passageways barely wide enough to let them pass, but there was

still no escape. Even with all their senses alert, a meagre compensation against the shadows of that underdark

world, they could not tell if they were going up or down. ilmryn remembered the stories he had heard some

time ago, stories of creatures deep down that could swallow a whole cold one. He shivered at the thought. They were

just stories
, he reminded himself with a deliberate shrug.

‘We will rest there’, he suddenly commanded.

They were emerging into a large cavern. ilmryn sensed the tension among his men recede somewhat. A weak

light was emanating from the walls of the cave where some kind of moss was growing, enabling them to have a

better idea of their surroundings. A small run of water was dripping in one corner. He was not sure how long

they had been travelling or if it was day or night outside. All he knew is that they would need all their strength

if they ever wanted to get out of here. He gave a last order to the sentinels and made his own camp.

A sudden shriek pierced the darkness and ilmryn awoke on the defensive. He called the sentinels but no one

answered. His eyes were trying to focus on what was happening around him but he couldn’t see beyond the

forms of his subordinates. Like him, they were waiting for an attack that didn’t seem to come. Judging by the

lack of response from the sentinels, he gathered they would not be of any help anymore.

Strange whispers were now coming from all around them. Sometimes, for a split second, he could make out a

vague shape that would disappear as soon as it appeared. He was still waiting, ready to strike any invisible

opponent, but his nerves were pushed to their limit. He felt panic rushing through his men and one of them lost it.

ilmryn saw him rush forward and vanish. He heard a scream and a muffled sound and knew the elf had not

made it past the attacker’s position. He drew a deep breath and gripped more tightly the hilt of his sword.

Another shriek rose up to the top of the cave. He suddenly yelled at his men to stand their ground as he saw several shapes appearing in the field of his view.

‘Duergar!’ he thought as an axe came down on his chest. They had been hunting duergar like fools. And, like fools,

they had been the prey without suspecting it.

-------------------------------------------------

:slight_smile:

that guy:

very nice.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Duergar Warlord:

here is a little sneak at my first W.I.P. hero

(since photobucket is  :mad  about bandwidth ive uploaded it on warseer - heres the quicklink)

http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=114520&d=1310962124

Admiral:

Nice short story and w.i.p. picture. You’ll have a unique-looking army for sure. As for the Infernal Guard miniatures, will you add some kind of spot colour to them?

Duergar Warlord:

and here’s a larger sneak at that prototype hero. finally fixed the photobucket issue aswell

Duergar Warlord:

allright heres a quick update - i have begun painting the core now but they are not yet ready to be shown :wink:

as i said i would trim down the weapon lenght of the hero holding two mace-like weapons, and it looks alot better

also to create a boundry to the regular berserkers i decided to keep atleast one axe on the other berserker hero

allthough the lenght of the mace-handle is a bit much, i might shorten it down a bit.

i remember someone asking about what i’d do for the other arm on the wyrmsmith, the runecaster!

and this was my initial thought

also began working on some other random stuff… a wizard, a hook horror and an illithid! (the illithid/genestealer head have not yet arrived so no W.i.p pics…

over and out

zobo1942:

Mind Flayers are AWESOME. So is everything else you’ve done!

that guy:

I love it all.Very cool stuff and I cant wait to see more!

the decapitated demon head in the hand of the wyrmsmith looks cool and would not be abad choice but I would almost rather see some kind of small magical artifact. A tome or runed up glowing stone or something, maybe?

Duergar Warlord:

finally got the magewrath throne today, but it was so abnormal and large that it made fitting a physical challenge…

after some initial cutting and trimming i ended up with the middle (and most important) part, aswell as the sides to make it fit better.

some greenstuffing will be needed but so far so good :slight_smile:

allthough i might not be able to use the sides, since they are so big and bulky but i’ll think of something for them

Duergar Warlord:

more thronework!, its been a busy week so havent been able to do much work - but here’s something atleast

tjub:

Thats an evil looking lord! :slight_smile:

Skink:

Love it! can’t wait to see him carried aloft by his guards. Or some Drow slaves maybe? (I HATE elves) :):):slight_smile:

Admiral:

Well executed conversions. You certainly follow your vision of how they should look.