[Archive] The Dwarfs of a Rat - 05/07/09

the_rat:

So, I’ve been at them for about a week or so and I’ve managed to convert and start painting a unit of 22 Warriors, plus a Sorcerer.  This is the unit my general will go in (hero), so it’ll be 24 even.  

I started some blunderbussers, but I’m not happy with them so I’m waiting for ideas to come to me.

I can’t wait to make my death rocket.  I’m pretty sure it’ll involve pieces from a 6th ed Skaven Screaming Bell.   I’m not sure what I want to use for the rocket though. 

I’m not sure how I want to approach the Earthshaker.  Lots of people seem to go with the Hellcannon, so I’d rather not go that direction.  I just don’t know of anything big enough to represent such a monster.

Bull Centaurs will probably be the last I do, but I plan on using the Centigor models. 

Ooh, and thanks to Snotling for the BFSP tutorial.  It’s what made me finalize the decision (he makes it look so easy…).  I’m not quite so good at making scale-mail, but I get better with each one I do.

I absolutely cannot wait to get these guys on the table.

Here’s some pictures of what I’ve done so far.

Ghrask Dragh:

Cool beards, I like the models so far!! :cheers

slev:

Nice work dude,

I love the shaping on that big hat.

Kera foehunter:

great job!!cool big hat!!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Looks awesome! I think your musician is going to trip on his beard!

the_rat:

Heh, yeah, I wondered what an OTT, overflowing beard would look like. It’s cool, but a little redonkulous. I doubt I’ll do another.

I’m glad you all like the hat-man. These guys are my first ever experiences with GS. Tis a strange substance indeed and takes some getting used to, but I’m getting the hang of it.

I hope to have some fully painted guys up next week. I might start on that rocket as well. Stay tuned!

Kera foehunter:

can’t wait to see more !!

a guy with a name the rat you think he was a shaven or a pirate lol

great army

Ghrask Dragh:

Nice work! it’s got to be the most original death rockets I’ve seen :hat off

So thats a Screaming bell base eh? makes note of that

:cheers

furrie:

nice death rocket

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Kera foehunter:

wow i like your death rocket i like the bace ! is that from the skaven bell thingy

Willmark:

Not bad, a very good first start, keep it up.

the_rat:

Greetings again fellow dwarfs of darkness :hat off

I’ve been working on my Blunderbussers as well as a few helmed warriors.  I also began work on a battle standard bearer and I’m not sure if he’s just a little too tall or not (helmet is kinda big).  I’d like some thoughts on him.

slev:

I think it will depend on the banner/standatrd, but he looks fine so far.

Kera foehunter:

well my cd go in diffrent sizes i have some that are taller some are ave.

i say it the closer and more chaos energy they got the more the muntated

the_rat:

I’m not sure what I’m gonna throw on him for a standard. I like the banner from the new chaos knights box, but it’s attached to a shield and idk if I wanna mess with cutting it off. I might end up molding one.

the_rat:

Well, the spring semester is finally over and that means I finally have time again to devote to my Dawi-Zharr.  It’s been a while since I’ve done any work, but I’ve actually taken that as a way to look at things with fresh eyes.  I have scrapped my old death rocket concept in favor of something much different and will be using parts from the old one to create an earthshaker.  The troops are still coming together as well, I do a couple while I wait for things to dry on the war machines.  I’m planning on picking up some black orcs in a bit, I’m pretty excited as they’re just about the last thing I need to have all models accounted for.

Well, here’s some images.  I know that’s what you’re here for.;P  

Two pics of the new rocket and one of the crewmen I’ve started. [attachment=1371][attachment=1372][attachment=1373]

A champion model I’ve been working on.  I need an idea to enhance his hammer.

Kera foehunter:

Nice death rocket !!and the one crew guy look great too

the_rat:

Thanks, Kera! (but you’re signature is scaring my horde… :o)

I’ve decided to share my newly crafted Earthshaker with you.  I think I am more excited about this piece than anything I’ve done so far.

ryanamandaanna:

Great idea with the shields!

apocalypstia:

very clever use of the shields and nice use of the skaven bell platform. War engines can be so inspirational to an army. making some notes…