[Archive] The festering legion of Tamurkhan (currently FW Infernal Guard conversions)

tjub:

Give us some pics…

Necrotique:

Give us some pics...

tjub
I'll probably get some uploaded this arvo after I've found the batteries for my camera. The webcam/my phone really don't do justice to the work I put into the models. Sorry about not having any good photos yet.

:cheers

Necrotique:

Just found my camera charger in amongst all my house-moving attire. It is now on charge and pictures are forthcoming! Apologies in advance if the black undercoat makes it appear too glossy.

G.2:

This little quote of yours got lost amongst all the other talk of your big lizard thingy.

Also just won the Braganzas Besiegers set for 10 quid. Pretty happy with that :slight_smile:

Necrotique
I would be very happy with that too. That is real bargain.

Necrotique:

This little quote of yours got lost amongst all the other talk of your big lizard thingy.
Also just won the Braganzas Besiegers set for 10 quid. Pretty happy with that :)

Necrotique
I would be very happy with that too. That is real bargain.

G.2
Haha yeah, pretty stoked with them :) Was toying with the idea of replacing their shields with Chaos Knight ones to make them fit in more. What do you think?

Also, I got the camera charged and did a photo-shoot only to discover I need the transfer cable as my Macbook is lacking an SD slot :~

However, this means I can paint it up first in-between unpacking trips so you'll be able to see the details of it much easier.

Necrotique:

Gave up looking for the cable for now and took the photos on webcam. The photos don’t do it justice, but here goes anyway. Help painting metals would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Front on view (Note: that’s a tongue in his mouth, not a cigar)

[attachment=2647]

Side-on view - I like how he looks like he’s creeping from this angle. Apologies about the state of undress.

[attachment=2648]

Behind view - showing some of the highlighting I’ve done on the skin, which I’m proud of. Also shows the back-brace for the armour I sculpted.

[attachment=2649]

A Close-up of the face, hopefully showing that the mechanical eye was painstakingly painted to reflect light, and the layered highlights of the face. Again, the photos don’t do this part justice, as I spent nearly 2 hours on the faces’ skin alone.

[attachment=2650]

A photo showing his girth, and claws/pick.

[attachment=2651]

A front-on photo (hopefully despite my lack of skill painting metals) the detail of the armour plates.

[attachment=2652]

Lastly, a side-on photo which shows the level of shading and highlighting of the skin (see the neck) that I’m really proud of.

Necrotique:

Seriously though, I need help painting metals… I have all the metallic paints but I’m terrible at painting with them to make it look realistic and battered. Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

Ogre_Mage:

Seriously though, I need help painting metals... I have all the metallic paints but I'm terrible at painting with them to make it look realistic and battered. Any help is appreciated :)

Necrotique
Metals is one of the few parts I feel ok at, are you painting it on solid, the webcam pics are hard to tell. Or doing multiple layers (like an ogre or onions :P )?

I find starting with a black base coat then Tin Bitz, and then either Dwarven Bronze(and very light Shining Gold after) or Boltgun Metal (and Chainmail after) works nice.

The for the battered part I usually make cuts in the plastic/metal or shave off a uneaven layer, this makes it look a little less uniform.

Necrotique:

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

I’m planning on doing going onion with highlights where the light would catch it (on sharp edges, etc) but I’m terrible at painting metal as I don’t see as much of it as I do flesh (sounds stupid, but it’s true) Painting flesh comes naturally to me while painting metal is something I need to have a visual guide for.

I’ll try your hints though and let you know how it went :smiley:

Necrotique:

Just done the basic painting (no detail) on my first Toad Dragon. The second one will be done in an autumn/red colour scheme. Let me know what you think. The scales are meant to look slimy and dirty, which I hope has come across through the painting.

As always, apologies for the quality of the photos - I still need to find my transfer cable so it’s terrible webcam quality for now.

[attachment=2664]

[attachment=2665]

[attachment=2666]

tjub:

What a beast! :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Necrotique:

Cheers Tjub, it’s one of my favourite models and has so many options for conversions. That and it’s rules are completely kick-ass. It’s practically a Chaos Mammoth that’s immune to all “small arms fire” that doesn’t rampage at half wounds :slight_smile:

Necrotique:

Received the first of my Chaos Mammoths today, and have started cleaning him off. Meanwhile the Toadies are basking in the corner of my display shelf and drying.

Seriously though, if Finecast’s meant to be worse than FW when it comes to flashing, they must be terrible.

Galladorn:

Loving the Toad Dragon. That thing is huge and disgusting…and now I want one!

Necrotique:

@ Galladorn - it truly is. The rider Tamurkhan himself is about the size of a plastic Giant :stuck_out_tongue:

In my opinion it’s one of their better value releases.

The mammoth on the other hand is truly truly gigantic. To put it into perspective, the Mammoth’s raised foot is lifted above the height of the Toady’s head.

Necrotique:

It’s been a while since I last posted and I apologise for that but I have since been down to a few discount furniture stores and procured a gaming den setup. Now I can stop painting on the bed and paint at a table!

Anyhow, in the last few weeks I have got

Sli’Ith Iron Lung - Chaos Sorceror from 1987

Khorne Lord on Juggernaut - Just because I love this model

Khorne Lord on Daemonic Steed - will likely be converted a fair bit.

Nurgle Lord on Kislev bear - Is a fallen Boyar who has been corrupted to the ways of chaos. Still converting this one (ie. the armour on the bear)

Nurgle Lord on Daemonic steed - in this case I used a plague toad. Conversion is complete and the Lord stands about two heads above most troops.

Nurgle Exalted Champion with mace and scimitar - I really like how he turned out - much more dynamic than the stock GW Exalted.

I have finished converting my first 5 chaos chosen of Nurgle. Was supposed to be w/ full command but the box had an extra footman in place of the drummer. :mad These are fairly lightly converted.

Got an Armorcast Cauldron of Khorne to convert into a warshrine of Nurgle (ie bodies and slime over it and the cauldron)

Assembled my Hellsmith - will paint it very soon.

Received 10 more Hobgoblin riders, and another set of heroes for CDs (about 7 assorted)

Almost finished painting my first mammoth and toady. Conversion work is being doing on the last two, though I think I’ll use the palanquin of Nurgle (Epidemus model) for the Lord on top of the second one.

Also, and very excited about this one, started converting 10 Teutogen guard into Chosen of Slaneesh. I’ll be getting a Canis Wolfborn soon on eBay with all hope to convert into a Slaneesh Lord - to fit into the Wolf/lupine theme for this part of the army. Also painted up 24 Slaneesh Warriors and 5 Slaneesh knights this week.

Have assembled and magnetised (go me, first time with magnets!) a unit of 12 Halberdiers w/ full command, the old models. They need to be magnetised or they won’t make it up anything with more than a 10degree angle :stuck_out_tongue:

Have also procured two Slaneesh Lords on the booby-beast things (fiend-like snakes) - because I love the models, also because they were only $10 each.

I’m also creating a champion for my Tzeentch Chosen (WIP) using parts from the old Azazael model.

I really should get around to uploading photos, so I’ll endeavour to set up and take pictures of whatever you want to see and upload to my main PC and onto here from there :slight_smile:

fonejaker:

DUDE… you are working super fast on this project!!!

Im sure it will look awesome when “the rotting horde” is finished

Necrotique:

DUDE........ you are working super fast on this project!!!!

Im sure it will look awesome when "the rotting horde" is finished

fonejaker
Cheers mate :)
Finished my Harry the Hammer and metal chariot today (a real pain to assemble, that one) and assembled some Marauders.
I'm at the mo' completing my Chosen of Slaneesh (aka Teutogen guard gone naughty)

I'll make an effort to stop by a shop ASAP and buy a new transfer cable for my camera - this thread looks way too bland. I can still take webcam pictures if you'd want though, but they do no justice.

Necrotique:

Another update - have been applying for work at the local GW as well as (maybe :P) getting distracted by shopping so I’ve had a fair amount of spare time this weekend.

In that time I’ve:

Assembled:

2x flesh hounds of khorne

2x OOP warhounds w/scorpion tail and flail tail (hehe)

12x marauders w/ hand weapons and shield and full command

8x Marauders w/ great weapons and full command (still 12 more to go) Definitely my least favourite conversion as the arms do not fit well at all and need a lot of greenstuff. 4 of them are the old metal Marauders w/ great weapons.

5x chaos knights (probably the only unconverted models in my army)

1x exalted champion of Chaos.

Assembled and painted:

1x Nurgle Champion (very happy with this one)

1x mounted sorcerer (the one with the skull helmet)

24x Warriors of Chaos undivided with full command.

12x Warriors of Slaneesh with full command.

1x mounted lord of Nurgle.

11x OOP Hounds of Chaos with two Pack Leaders

1x Chaos Chariot of Tzeentch (will re-paint as was done very quickly as by that time I was very frustrated with the models’ assembly)

Won:

Kordaal Shorgaar - Standard Bearer of the Swords of Chaos (very happy with this - been looking for ages for this one)

Crom the Conqueror ($11!!)

Wants:

Archaon on foot - is usually more expensive than the mounted one, so I might have a go converting my own.

Dragon ogres would be cool but they’re very expensive.

So that’s the last whiles’ lot for now.

Coming next week - 2 new chariots, hopefully completed Warshrine (Armorcast cauldron of blood converted to Nurgle, or just Khorne if I feel lazy) and a completed mammoth and toady.

Also…

PHOTOS as I’ve got a card reader for my computer :smiley:

Stay tuned folks :slight_smile:

Necrotique:

So I’ve finally found the correct cable (and the courage!) to post some of the above mentioned projects.

I’m sorry but I don’t know how to upload large pictures directly to a thread (I saw a guide a while ago but I can’t find it again) but I’ve posted the ImageShack link below with the album of pictures on it.

Please have a look and let me know what you think of my conversions (the marauders with two-handed weapons in particular) and the paint styles I use (my favourite being my Nurgle Lord on foot) :slight_smile:

Any comments are appreciated.

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs