[Archive] The Fimir of Albion - out of the mist

Mr Saturday:

I considered beastmen, the ambush rules and access to units of monstrous infantry would work well, and fits the fluff, but I wanted the capacity to have a high level sorcerer general that will fit the meargh and her larger base, and alas, there’s nothing in the BM list. In the WoC list, the chaos sorcerer lord on a palanquin seems the best fit. There is room in WoC for the dirach as well, so I suppose I chose WoC to fit my theme. I may run a BM list when the army is led by a fimir noble and run a minotaur list. Decisions decisions…

Now, do I paint a second bloodmoon mini fimm, or dive in a do an ogre-sized fianna fimm? Hmm.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

That is one nice paint scheme! Now off you go to paint a whole unit ASAP! :slight_smile:

Mr Saturday:

One down, twenty nine to go…

Mr Saturday:

Well, here’s the next fimir. A bit more sculpting needed on this fellow. Tail and weapons on the way.

Mr Saturday:

Here’s the assembled fimm, bar a little filing.

Whitehorn:

Excellent stuff, always fancied trying to resurrect Fimir somehow myself.

Will you be doing some upsized models? I thought the old metal models were a fair big bigger than the Heroquest plastics and with modern scales (everything being upsized), I assumed Troll-size for all bar the slave-caste. I guess it’s personal preference of Goodwin vs Bibby :stuck_out_tongue:

Mr Saturday:

Thanks indeed. Yeah, I’ll be using the Bibby larger fimir as ogres, I quite like them. I might have a go at doing some new ones, I guess I’ll see how I get on with the human size lads first.

Whitehorn:

Good to hear. You may have inspired me to have another crack at the,. I think I grabbed a few Heroquest models, but would rather try my hand at sculpting a bigger version.

clam:

Mr Saturday
I'm speechless - totally numb - stunned ...

How can you possible want anything else than an army of these? They are just perfect for core Fimm :hat off

Excellent, excellent work, Mr. Saturday. Whats the tail made from? Looks like something from a spawn or giant rat - or something else?

And where did you get that resin base? Been looking for a simple swamp base for some plague bearers and these seems so perfect.

Mr Saturday:

Crikey Clam, high praise indeed, coming from yourself. Thank you very much! I’m pretty happy with him, I must say. I think I’ll tackle the musician next. The tail is from the chaos spawn sprue indeed. There are lots of usable tail bits on it. The base is from Microart studios.

http://www.microartstudio.com/

Necrotique:

Dude, very nice sculpting there.

Now make more :smiley:

:cheers

Mr Saturday:

As you command sire. At last count, I have 58 more to do. At least.

clam:

Thank, Sayurday - I’ll have to pick up some of those bases.

Ohh! - and happy Birthday :wink: (sorry I forgot saying so earlier today )

Mr Saturday:

Heh! Thanks Clam.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Mr Saturday:

The next fimm off the assembly line, this time the musician.

clam:

Another awesome creation :hat off

These savage orcs seems so perfect for this project of yours. Are you planing on sculpting each and ever single head or have you started making moulds? :slight_smile:

Satan:

Awesome. You’ve got ome fantastic imagination going for you in the combination of these kits. Really great job.

tjub:

Looks perfect! :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Da Crusha:

wow, the fimir are great!

Zanko:

Your Fimir look awesome! :hat off

They look much better than the original ones - not so static in their poses!

Alos the paintjob of your 1st one is great! :smiley:

Really like to see this blog! :cheers

:hashut