[Archive] The_Penguin's "Chaos" Dwarfs

The_Penguin:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :hat off

As promissed in my introduction thread message, I present for your judgement my CD models. I will be uploading my other miniatures in this thread, so hopefully you will be interested to return and see more.

So the first bunch:

I hope you enoyed this part. Any comments, please? ) :cheers

Bloodbeard:

Beautiful miniatures. Would love for the actual pictures to be a bit bigger? Great details. There’ no doubt these guys are villains, but they don’t reek of chaos.

What model is the prophet? And how have you made that beautiful bighat on your blunderbuss dude? Amaing details on the hat.

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

The_Penguin:

Thank you very much for your kind words. ) :smiley:

The Priest is the Runesmith (the new model) with a sculptured hat, shoulderpads (could’ve turned out better, alas) and beard.

As for the hat on the blunderbuss gunner, that is a modified decoration that I bought in a knitting store. Not sure, frankly speaking, what it is supposed to be. Too small for a thimble. Perhaps something for the hand-made bijouterie… :~

Good day, ladies and gentlemen. ) :hat off

Admiral:

Very nice conversions and solid paintjobs! They’re beautiful and detailed. Nice eye to background, too. That slave trader with his slave is particularly endearing, since it shows the “civilian” workings of Chaos Dwarf society in a way not seen too often amidst tabletop armies. That’s just the kind of thing I’ve tried to capture in the CD fluff project running in the background section (links in my signature, see also MadHatter’s dictionary).

The_Penguin:

Thank you very much. ) :slight_smile:

Actually, I am not much of a player, really. I am much more fascinated by convesions and painting. I also find it interesting to design small vignette-like scenery for the models. )

So most likely I won’t be showing huge regiments or painted amies here, but mostly civillian life figures. And as you can see, my dwarfs are not very “chaosified”: they lack the usual attributes, and I do not see my hold as a blood-thirsty chaotic madmen, but rather a highly-civilized, progressive (in theit understanding :)) society.

Admiral:

Well, then you’ve certainly found a niche for yourself to master like none other have done before. I look forward to further updates. This is a bit like a miniature variant of the CD culture fluff project. :slight_smile:

You’ll be able to easily form dioramas for your models in the future. Build scenery/architecture like a temple, a marketplace or a workshop, and pop the finished minis in there, should you wish to.

MadHatter:

Great work! Looking forward to see more cultural stuff! Theres a great stories section of the forum should you ever lack inspiration :slight_smile:

Yodrin:

Those look awesome!!! Great conversion and a very nice paint job, LF to seeing more!

Zanko:

I really like the Priest and especially the Slave Trader! :hat off

Awesome models! :cheers

Like mentioned before … some bigger pics would be great! :wink:

:hashut

Xander:

Nice stuff. :slight_smile:

Welcome to CDO!

The_Penguin:

Well, then you've certainly found a niche for yourself to master like none other have done before. I look forward to further updates. This is a bit like a miniature variant of the CD culture fluff project. :)

Admiral
Your work is a great source of inspiration! I really admire your passion for CD backstory and I'll be sure to keep reading. ;)
Great work! Looking forward to see more cultural stuff! Theres a great stories section of the forum should you ever lack inspiration :)

MadHatter
Thank you very much. Indeed it is: I'm looking forward to reading those. That might give me some ideas for future miniatures. :)
Those look awesome!!! Great conversion and a very nice paint job, LF to seeing more!

Yodrin
Thank you very much! :cheers
I really like the Priest and especially the Slave Trader! :hat off

Awesome models! :cheers

Like mentioned before ... some bigger pics would be great! ;)

Zanko
You are most kind! I'll make sure that I take a bigger and better pics of the minifigs in future posts. :D
Nice stuff. :)

Welcome to CDO!

Xander
Thank you! And I am most grateful to you for your help with my registration! :cheers

Abecedar:

Very nice thematic start. I’m sure I will enjoy them as they come along

tjub:

Looks ace! :smiley:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

The_Penguin:

And another bunch which I would like to share with you. I am not sure that the next part after this one will be that soon, since Christmas and New Year holidays in Russia are over and I am rather busy at work, but I’ll try not to wait too long before posting it. :slight_smile:

Also, if you have any ideas or requests about future miniatures, please, do not hesitate o share them with me. )

I hope you enoyed this part. Any comments, please? ) :hat off

Admiral:

Haha, brilliant! I’m a fan of CD elite guard units, and your Golden Guard is obviously not your ordinary levy. Nice take on the eight-pointed Chaos star by using the Babylonian image. The chefs with bull cake are as hilarious as they are awesome. The cake looks tasty, and it also looks like some form of ancient idol of some primitive style, which is perfect! Great statue as well, I’m honoured you liked the story so much. Now you’ve taught us some Babylonian spelling. Will there be more of that in future models? :slight_smile:

All around, it’s simply brilliant stuff. :hat off

Yodrin:

Very very nice minis and a great colors and paint job. The detail on the gw axe is sweet!

The_Penguin:

Haha, brilliant! I'm a fan of CD elite guard units, and your Golden Guard is obviously not your ordinary levy. Nice take on the eight-pointed Chaos star by using the Babylonian image. The chefs with bull cake are as hilarious as they are awesome. The cake looks tasty, and it also looks like some form of ancient idol of some primitive style, which is perfect! Great statue as well, I'm honoured you liked the story so much. Now you've taught us some Babylonian spelling. Will there be more of that in future models? :)

All around, it's simply brilliant stuff. :hat off

Admiral
Thank you very much! You're too kind. And I should thank you for such amazing stories that you post here. It is most inspirational! ) :)

Well, currently I am (slowly, though) working on a vignette for my CD models, and there is definitely going to be pretty much of babylonian texts. ;)
Very very nice minis and a great colors and paint job. The detail on the gw axe is sweet!

Yodrin
Thank you very much! To be frank my painting skills are a bit rusty, since I emerged from my s.c. "dark ages" not that long ago. I think that my older miniatures are better painted, but I guess, I'll get in shape. :~

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :hat off

BABIS:

hahaha I really like the bull cake :wink:

Fuggit Khan:

Absolutely wonderful!

Everything is very cool and creative…my favorite is the Bull Cake with Big Chef Hat cooks :hat off

Forgefire:

Looking great. Looking forward to more :slight_smile: The priest is my favorite so far.