[Archive] The Raven Host

Dino:

@Cryonicleech:Thx. Do you really think they’re that good?

@Kera foehunter: Thx. I’m using shinning gold over brazen brass.

Dino:

Another update on this log. The knights as stand.

This is all i’ll be doing for this month for my army. I’ll finish these guys up next month and the start of another unit next month.

Kera foehunter:

wow you did a lot this month !!! dino great job on the knights

Slavelord:

Love the look, well done.

Just a suggestion, maybe a Devlan Mud wash over the gold might take an edge off the gleam/ make it less brassy. Maybe?

AllEvil:

I’m dying to see your take on Tchar’Zanek.

Cryonicleech:

Honestly, I would sell an arm and a leg for them (and they wouldn’t be mine either, he he he) But yes, you produce some of the best work I have seen. Not just, oh that’s nice, but some of the best man, good luck on your army!

Dino:

Back with a new unit, two wips, and a special report.

First here’s some w.i.p.'s. First up is my disc of tzeentch.

and a dragon ogre.

My disc I plan to try and make look like the symbol on the tzeentch magic page except the symbol in the circle part. I’ve drawn it on the their already as you can see. The dragon ogre has a lot of GS work to do on him. Gotta to spine, spikes, belt, tail, scales. and a few others.

Now here’s a brand new unit I just got today and am about 90% finished with.

I got these guys for a paint and play tournement at my local comic shop. Here are some singles of each rider.

Champion.

Musician.

the other horsemen.

As part of my armies theme all marauders will have mutated arms. I just have a little GS work to do on them and they should be done.

Now like I mentioned earlier i’m particapating in a paint and play at my local comic shop and i’ll be reporting my succes and failers of each game. Played thefirst two games last night and have the following reports for my two battles. First here’s my list at 500 points.

Hero: Chaos sorcerer, level 2, MoT, Book of secrets, spell familier, third eye of Tzeentch

Core: 10 chaos warriors, sheilds, Mot, full commend

Core: 5 Marauder horsemen, sheilds, throwing axes, flails

Now for how my games went.

1st battle: Woc VS. Ogres

This one didn’t go very well at all. My apponent had 20 gnoblars, a brusier, 3 bulls, and 3 iron guts. He out flanked my two units and cased me off the board :ermm: . So I basically lost.

2nd battle: Woc VS. Skaven

This was interesting. He was palying with a two big units of plague monks and plague priest. I was able to draw the one with hero away with the horsemen and had at the other with with a lot of magic and killed themwith close combat. Unfortunetly the horsemen ran of the board and that unit with the character got the charge on my warriors that were down by three. However on the last turn I wipped all of them out :smiley: . So a very exciting win.

So my score so far=W/1,T/0,L/1

Will have more tomarrow and will try and get shots of each army next week.

@Kera foehunter: Yes I did and i’llbe finishing them up this month along with the horsemen.

@Slavelord: Thx.

@AllEvil: That will be a very long while.

@Cryonicleech: Thx man.

Kera foehunter:

wow love the ogre dragon!!! like the chaos maurater horse men to

might have to get some

Dino:

Thx kera. The new horsemen are really great models.

Quick update today.

First i’ve finished building my marauder horsemen.

They are now being primed as I type this up.

Next is i’ve finished cutting plasticard forthe disc of tzeentch.

Now on the GSing this bad boy.

Thats all for now.

Kera foehunter:

wow!!! you been busy!!! like the flying disc

AGPO:

That dragon ogre looks promising, I might take a leaf out of your book and try extending the front limbs and tail on mine. Cheers :cheers

Dino:

@Kera foehunter: I was and have been look bellow.

@AGPO: Thx.

Lots of painting on the marauder horsemenas well.

And here are some w.i.p. pics I’ll be adding next week.

I’m definetly gonna re-position the one in the middle. Will hopefully have them finished before thursday.

And last night I played two moregames at the paint and play so here are the battle reports:

1st game: Woc(tzeentch aka mine) VS. Woc(led by Wulfrick)

This game went kinda well. My opponent had wulfrick with 15 marauders and 12 chaos warriors(all undivided).Unfortunetly Wulfrickkilled my mage and chaos warrior unit champ. But I was eventually able to kill enough of his marauders to him flee and run him down. The marauder horsemen keeped his warriors busy and away from my warriors. And at the end of the game we only had our warrior on the board. Problem was they were so far away from each other that they’d never clash no matter how far we moved them. So the game was a draw.

2nd game: Woc VS. VC

This was rather quick. My opponent had a vampire(naturally) 15 skellies and 20 zombies. I was worried becouse he had me really out numbered but it turned in my favore by turn two. My opponent sent his skellies after my horsemen and was itching to charge my warriors and mage but he took the vampire out of the shellie unit and in my magic phase I took him out with magic and it all went down hill fromtheir for him. So this game was a draw.

My score= W2/T1/L1

Here some shots of the other armies at the paint and play I was able to take.

Wasn’t able to take all the shots as my camera died ^o) . Will hopefully have all the armies next week as were jumping to 750.

Will hopefully have more updates soon.

Hashut’s Blessing:

jawdrop I thought the marauder horsemen were cool before, but with the paint on, they’re now some in my favourite painted models list lol :smiley:

Kera foehunter:

wow love the blue mutant arm on the maurauter horseman

Dino:

@Hashut’s blessing: Thx. That means a lot.

@Kera foehunter: Thx kera.

Back and with lots of good stuff.

First up are two battle reports from thursday.

Now before I do my reports I should tell you that this week we increased the points of the armies by 250. So now the armies are up to 750. My points were spent on three dragon ogres with great weapons and adding a chaos warrior to my unit of ten.

1st game: Woc vs. Bertonnians

My apponent had 20 peasent bowmen 6 knights of the realm a paladin on foot with about 20 grail pilgrims. I sent my dragon ogres after the knights and they were able to keep them away and eventually make them run and ran them down. The warriors, chaos sorcerer and marauder horsemen focused on the other two units and I went about magicking them to death. The grail pilgrums got the charge of on my warriors but lost the combat and ran. I chased them down and caught them. We decided to call it game their. Another victory for me :smiley: .

2nd game: Woc vs. daemons

This game went horrible against me. My apponent had skulltaker about 20 blood letters, 12 daemonettes, and 5 flesh hounds with karnak (the three headed flesh hound). In the whole game I only killed to bloodletters and my guys were torn to peices. I thought I had the bloodletters when I charged them with my dragon ogres but I was dead wrong. So a really sucky lose : .

So my score so far is as follows: W3/T1/L2

Now on to the models.

Here are my almost finished chaos knights.

The riders and mounts are done. Just gotta finish the bases and they are done.

Next up is my sorcerer on disc.

I’ve finally figured out how I’m gonna finish his back and his back and it will be a hamunclas(daemonic gift). Will have more on his disc probably monday or tuesday.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Good idea! With the homunculus.

Swissdictator:

I love the marauder cav, very nicely done sir. Both my friend and I agree: better then the stock DO figure.

Also, mind giving a tutorial on the Dragon Ogres? A local friend of mine, may or may not want to have a go at that.

Dino:

I’m back with finished stuff.

First up is my exalted hero Mrogg(name of my character on Warhammer Online).

Converted him based on a drawing I did a while ago and am fairly happy with the conversion. I’m not to sure about the sword. Everything else is good.

And now finished knights and marauder horse men.

Will have pics of my sorcerer on disc tomarrow amoung a few other things.

Zanko:

Cool army and amazing paintjob! :hat off

The only thing I will slightly criticize is that the chaos worriors are too clean!

They look like bretonian knights before a tournament … in my sight of view CW don´t care about cleanness. :o

But despite this little point awesome!!! :hat off :hat off :hat off

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

great paint job dino where did you get the sword for mrogg??