[Archive] The Raven Host

two_heads_talking:

I like your blues, they are vibrant and strong. But you need a complimentary color… yellow for blue and orange for purple. Like your mage, it’s so blue, it gets lost.

Your painting is very nice, but without those complimentary colors, it’s just not quite right.

Cryonicleech:

Wow, Dino, nice work. I really like your spawn. I can’t wait to see your knights

Hashut’s Blessing:

Kera, as has been said: 2 and LOTS of parts, although, me being me, I ended uo with nothing more than spare heads, really…

Dino: Loh-ver-lee! Can’t wait to see the next unit added :wink:

What’s the next core going to be? I know I’ve asked already, but I’ve forgotten and am lazy and staring at your models.

Dino:

@two_heads_talking: Hmmm. I think they look just fine. And it would have been kinda hard for me to do that as there isn’t really much of a good place on the spawn to do that. Besides it’s chaos.

@Cryonicleech:Thx. And your in luck becouse they’re up next.

@Hashut’s Blessing: Thx. Like I told Cryonicleech the next unit will be chaos knights and they should be done this weekend.

Not to sure about the next core unit. It’s a tose up between more warriors, marauders, and marauder horse men.

Cryonicleech:

Dino, here’s idea.

I was flipping through the Chaos armybook when I came upon the model section. Next thing I knew, I landed in the chaos Warrior section. So I was looking at the pretty models, trying to find a pain scheme when boom! I notice that there’s a converted warrior using the chaos knight sprues. I looked at it and simply thought, Chosen.

Basically, my point being that if you were going to field some Chosen, you could use some chaos knight bits to convert them into some cheap Chosen.

Dino:

I’ve seen something like that. It’s one i’ll definetly be using in the future.

Slavelord:

I saw that too, was planning on it as well. Might cost a bit, $35 extra for every 5 models :frowning:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Glad ya added the last sentence as I’d have pointed out that I said next core.

However, when I said next core, I’d already meant the next one that counted :wink: So, you listed all 3 of those that will count, lol.

I was thinking that I’d give my next unit the lances to count as halberds and maybe get a bitz pack of halberds. I think it’s stupid that the halberds conversion pack only comes with 10 weapons!

Dino:

@Slavelord: Yea that really suck to pay. Another idea was one I saw on Warseer. A guy made tzeentch chosen from chaos knights, chaos warriors, and dark angles space marine legs. Looked cool but wasn’t a fan of the legs but the other parts were a good idea.

@Hashut’s Blessing: I see. Well I think the next core unit will officially be marauders. I’ll save more warriors for later.

I return with what i’ve promised finished chaos knights.

Glade they’re finally done. Now I can start painting them soon.

Here’s another wip i’ve recently started. My tzeentch sorcerrer lord on disc.

As you can see it’s the Ahriman model. I cut away the gun and gave him a sword I had left over from my chaos knights. The head isn’t glued on and neither is the sword. But I have a little problem.

It’s been a pain to get ride of so far and unfortunetly it aint over yet. I have a lot more to remove as of yet and i’m not sure how to even with my dremel.

Any laso thing i’m gonna show is a wip of my scratch buit disc of tzeentch.

I’ts made from the base I got from Ahriman, plasticard, and obviously the little thing that makes it look like it’s flying. Need a base and to make a few other things and sculpt some stuff to make it look tzeentchy.

Thats all for now.

GRNDL:

@Dino

re: Backpack issue. If you don’t want to file it down all the way, you could give him a fur stole or mantle to go around his neck. Would tie in with the chaos warrior theme okay, I think.

Dino:

I will be completely getting rid of it. I won’t be adding the fur as i’d like to keep the mages and the warriors seperate. Thx or the ideas though.

wallacer:

I have the Ahriman model as well and I like what you’ve done with the conversion. Me senses some plagiarism coming up…

Dino:

Go right ahead. I took the idea from some where else(Can’t remember where now).

Tarrakk Blackhand:

looks awesome!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Servius:

Just passed over this topic… Nice job… so far…

I will say that one thing about the dragon ogres is well… can a horse walk with their hind legs while holding the same position as having 4? NO. They look out of balance… and need more editing of the cold one to make them a little more upright… the last one on that link has the right idea… also the cold one seems a little skinny… you may consider widening the cold one body (i.e. simply glue spacers in between the half to make a more wide body. then fill in with greenstuff and sculpt the transition)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking good so far :smiley: Lovely kights :wink: Will the knights get fur cloaks too?

As to the mage, what made you choose to resculpt his breastplate? Will his sword hilt get some decoration? With the backpack stump, dremel right in, removing it completely. If you find it difficult to dremmel the right shape for the cloak, go further and resculpt with GS. Alternatively, have a spritely daemon or magical flames springing up or something.

How do you plan to make the disc Tzeentchier?

Can’t wait to see the next progression.

Kera foehunter:

wow i like the chaos knights!!!

can’t wait to see the flying disc work !!

Dino:

@Tarrakk Blackhand: Thx for the kind words.

@Servius: Thx, but have no fear for the dragon ogres. I plan to give them longer front arms. I was just using the ones PPC as a reference for the tail and how the ogre and cold one bodies together.

@Hashut’s Blessing: I will nought be giving them cloaks(not sure how to sculpt them). I re-sculpted the brest plate becouse I don’t want power cables on a fantasy mini. I was thinking for the disc to look like the tzeetch symbol thats shown in the section of the army book that has the thzeetch spells.

@Kera foehunter: Thx for the kind words.

Here’s a little p.i.p. work on the knights.

Coming along nicely so far. Might not work on them for a bit so I can finish my CD stuff. I should also have concepts of a discs as well. Until then.

Cryonicleech:

(Cryonicleech goes insane at the nexus of possibilities of what he could say, his eyes melting, unworthy to gaze upon the glorious, nay godly chaos knights that Dino has masterfully brought to life)

Dino, loving those knights to death man, don’t have anything else to say…

Kera foehunter:

WOW !!! DINO you can pick the best colors !!

what gold did you use i like it !!