[Archive] The Word of Hashut #12 - Deadline gone

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, guys and gals, I have said it in the discussion about the return of WoH, but to clarify, I am running the show now. Having said that, if I have no articles, I have nothing to edit together.

That’s where you come in.

Your Blessing needs you! points

Now, if you’ve had any articles that you’ve wanted to be shown in WoH or have an idea for one, now is the best time to get cracking with making it beautiful and sending it to me.

If people say they will (definitely) create an article, I expect them to do so. Otherwise, being English, I shall write an angry letter and send it to you. But, seriously, if you say you will do it, please commit properly.

Thorne:

If people say they will (definitely) create an article, I expect them to do so. Otherwise, being English, I shall write an angry letter and send it to you. But, seriously, if you say you will do it, please commit properly.

Hashut's Blessing
Does this mean that it will come 9 weeks after the deadline day or even have to visit the post office to collect it ?

Baggronor:

Does this mean that it will come 9 weeks after the deadline day or even have to visit the post office to collect it ?
That goes without saying. Its all part of being English. Even the angry letter will be terribly polite, at worst it'll be mildly condescending.

I am currently unavailable for comic duties I'm afraid, far too much on my plate for the foreseeable future. I may be able to do 1-2 pics, but give me plenty of advance warning.

ryanamandaanna:

I’ve got some pics of warhammer forge stuff I’ve painted, plus I could talk through the current model I’m building/painting (Dreadquake Mortar)

rabotak:

depends on deadline, could contribute pics and maybe battle report…

but I would want to wait for tamurkhan book for official rules…

if the time allows, i could then even write a review, but i guess it would be better if native english speakers did that :wink:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Baggronor: a picture or two would be excellent, thanks!

ryanamandaanna: If you could make the building into a tutorial, maybe the painting as well, that’d be much appreciated.

rabotak: I haven’t set a deadline yet because I need more people to confirm articles, but if you can get cracking with anything, please do so :wink:

Baggronor:

Baggronor: a picture or two would be excellent, thanks!
Of? Imo, one of the things that separated WoH from the run-of-the-mill webzines was the fact that the art and articles were always tied closely together. It made it feel like a proper magazine.

Also... if the cover is unspoken for, I'd be interested in doing that. Its been a while since I did one...

Let me know what articles are going in, I'll do something for those. Will keep an eye on this thread :cheers

Abecedar:

Hey there, I’ve been slowly working on more of my hero “Zhek’dars” tale. If the mag is going to be smaller, what word count would be appropriate? I think last time the target size was about 3000.

Nicodemus:

Of? Imo, one of the things that separated WoH from the run-of-the-mill webzines was the fact that the art and articles were always tied closely together. It made it feel like a proper magazine.

Baggronor
A Warhammer Forge special issue will have to be in the pipes for a future issue (maybe lucky #13??).

Maybe issue 12 could be on evil dwarf-themed "things", like warmachines, terrain and cities/outposts/architecture, that kind of stuff? Basically all the stuff you'd be surrounded by in daily life as a Chaotic Dwarf... kind of like a pseudo evil Dwarf style guide with popular examples of all of the above, as well as some fluffy writing to help it all soak in, etc?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Baggronor: I was thinking you could do the cover anyway with a picture, lol. sorry for the assumption. I’ll let you know what we have coming up, but a cover can be of anything relevant to WoH itself - a CD coup could be interesting (maybe a coup over the Black Orc rebellion), considering the new WoH leadership. I’ll keep you up to date on articles too.

Abecedar: If you can bust out 3,000, then by all means, please do so. If you feel it’s a bit of a strain, drop it to 2,000. Just let me know which before you start writing and stick to it, please :wink:

Nico: For the first one (which will likely take longer to put together since it’s my first time in all respects), I’m not going to put TOO much emphasis on a theme - if one starts to emerge, I shall strengthen it with requests etc. currently, I just want to make sure that there is content and it is of high quality and enough to make it worthwhile.

Regarding future issues: if there is time and space, this could well become dedicated to the Warhammer Forge stuff. If not, then the very next issue shall be about it all!

Abecedar:

Pretty sure I’ve got 3000 already but its not all finished yet, maybe try for two not so big parts. Will keep going and get back to you as quick as I can.

vulcanologist:

Finished some artwork. I’ll send you it tomorrow. Let me know if you want some more or anything else.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Abecedar: no real rush at this precise moment, so refine as much as you like, but glad to hear you’re certainly providing something! Thanks very much.

vulcanologist: Excellent to hear and thanks! If you feel like doing more, don’t be shy - it can always go into future WoHs and at some point, we can always compile a CDO artwook book :wink:

Thommy H:

I’m probably good for some fiction or rules or something. Might be cool to write about the WF units if the book’s out by then. Otherwise maybe something SoM themed? Hm…

nagged:

could do an article on my blood bowl stadium (chaos dwarf one of course)

rabotak:

at the moment, a mate and i are painting up his ogres and i’m planning to do my report as soon as they are finished, which will be in 3-4 weeks, which will hopefully coincide with the release of tamurkhan… if not, i hope people attending games day can back me up with the rules.

in which form would you like to have the data- txt/doc and jpg or pdf?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Best bet is to send it as a document, rather than pdf :wink:

rabotak:

fair enough :hat off

Abecedar:

Will keep going.   Part two (the prequell) is almost ready at 2300 words but have some things I could add to flesh it out more.   Looking at the rest of what I’ve started it will probably end up being three more separate tales but I’ll concentrate on part two for now.   last time I emailed the story in to willmark so I guess that will be the way to do it this time around by emailing it to you when ready

Thommy H:

I have a story in my head about the new intelligent, spell-casting Lammasu. Want it for WoH?