[Archive] The Word of Hashut- Issue #10(1)

Willmark:

Click here to download The Word of Hashut No.10!

Well, well, well, another issue of Word of Hashut, Booyah! But once again late ah well with everything that has happened to me as of late I’m going let it slide this time. I know, I know, just don’t tell anyone I said that: Oh wait this thing is on? Erm nevermind.

But wait, whats this I see? Damn it who was the slacking overlord that let the hobgoblins in? Not only did they get let in but it appears as if they have taken over the whole issue! Well we know what that means: I’m going to have to do some investigations, apply some force chokes and dark side slams as well. Now where is my light saber (looks at hobgoblin running off with it in to the depths…) Did I mention that this just hasn’t been my year? Red bladed light saber swiped by a lowly hobgoblin… Word of the da Hobboz indeed. When I find the culprit its hobgoblin latrine duty for a year in the deepest darkest parts of Zharr Naggrund!

All kidding aside enjoy the read everyone. We figured this time around that we would do something different and with Issue #10 being our first to reach double digits (Woo-hoo!) that this was the time to do it. As I note in my Editorial I had this idea a long time ago but finally the time was right. It was also the reason why there was that illustration a hobgoblin talking for the last 2-3 issues talking about a “take over”, now you know.

Well, enough of my blathering get busy downloading the latest and greatest issue of the Word of Hashut. Which in our humble opinion happens to be one of the best out there.

Until next time enjoy and see around the forum.

Willmark

As with previous issues there are a few more ways to view the Word of Hashut:
FOR THOSE WITH LOW SPEED CONNECTIONS: you can access a low res (its around 19 megs) version here (caution it will look terrible if you print it from this file) Click here to download the Low Rez version of The Word of Hashut!

View on Issuu!
http://issuu.com/willmark/docs/wohissue10_2

Willmark:

Also, as always if there is anything we missed let me know. I’m not too worried as there is always something that gets missed.

tjub:

Wow, finally… Im just waiting for my morning coffie then Ill dig into it! :slight_smile:

Fallen246:

Slightly dissappointed that the only Mordheim related thing I saw in there was a warband?

Otherwise, I enjoyed it, and look forward to the next installment!

Nicodemus:

Grand!! Thanks again to the CDO staff and contributors!

~N

PS Not sure who needs the editor more: Me or WoH for that Slave pen piece… yikes. Disappointing too that the Hobgoblin-themed game didn’t make it in. Not that I’d expect everything submitted would, but we wouldn’t have taken the trouble of setting everything up taking pics and making notes on the ~3hrs of game play if it wasn’t going to be used for sure.

Loki:

love the idea of a take over issue cant wait to read it :slight_smile:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Excellent, new stuff to read on the weekend. :slight_smile: Great job!

Da Crusha:

Im downloading it now, I can’t wait!

snowblizz:

Not sure if you are being thematic or something but…

table of contents:

p6 is about Hohgoblins ?

Man o War & da Stunty Forge are both about a HE vs CD game.

Thommy H is credited as a “wordsmioth” 2 times (same wording used for member spotlight and presentation of his fiction)

My handle is misspelled.

and I’m pretty sure it is spelled “enlighten” with an e.

Sorry to be a complainer… this is what we get for letting Hohgoblins lose without supervision.

Obsidian:

All what I have read so far is great and I cannot wait to have a proper read once the missus and I are back from doing the groceries! :cheers

Hashut’s Blessing:

Downloading and going to read as I “filler” up my terrain!

Willmark:

Slightly dissappointed that the only Mordheim related thing I saw in there was a warband?

Otherwise, I enjoyed it, and look forward to the next installment!

Fallen246
Thats because the two things related to Mordheim were not supplied to us at all after they said they would be.

Not sure if you are being thematic or something but...

table of contents:

Thommy H is credited as a "wordsmioth" 2 times (same wording used for member spotlight and presentation of his fiction)

My handle is misspelled.

and I'm pretty sure it is spelled "enlighten" with an e.

Sorry to be a complainer... this is what we get for letting Hohgoblins lose without supervision.

snowblizz
Nope thanks for pointing them out I'll take care of them as soon as I can.

As far as the idea from some about whether or not stuff making it in... lets just say that this issue was the worst with people saying they would do something... and then not doing it. Suffice of to say that it made for less then a fun experience producing it. So much so I was ready to quit in the middle of it.

So take it for what it is.
Grand!! Thanks again to the CDO staff and contributors!

~N

PS Not sure who needs the editor more: Me or WoH for that Slave pen piece... yikes. Disappointing too that the Hobgoblin-themed game didn't make it in. Not that I'd expect everything submitted would, but we wouldn't have taken the trouble of setting everything up taking pics and making notes on the ~3hrs of game play if it wasn't going to be used for sure.

Nicodemus
At one point after I decided I would actually do this I made the decision to pair it back down and get it done. That said there is no reason why it cant go in a future issue and possibly as early as #11.

I had a lot of ideas on how I wanted #10 to appear, needless to say they didn't all happen.

nitroglysarine:

downloaded and having a quick read through while the kids have lunch!

looks good!

thank you contributors and editors!!

cornixt:

this is what we get for letting Hohgoblins lose without supervision.

snowblizz
Nice one! I hope that "lose" was intentional, otherwise it adds more evidence to the universal rule that pointing out someone's spelling will cause you to slip up yourself.

nitroglysarine:

I prefer Freudian slits,… I mean slips!

It’s when you say one thing but mean your mother,… I mean another!

snowblizz:

this is what we get for letting Hohgoblins lose without supervision.

snowblizz
Nice one! I hope that "lose" was intentional, otherwise it adds more evidence to the universal rule that pointing out someone's spelling will cause you to slip up yourself.

cornixt
I got it wrong? Again? How the 'eck is that supposed to be. I was going with "loose" first, but then I remembered that #¤%& git who PMed me on another forum where I had used lose/loose wrongly and changed it. I'm thoroughly confused. OK I get it, letting loose, because they are well "loose" as in not attached. Gaaah! Pulling my hair out I am.

Let's just say that for us forrinurs that's a tricky one.

In that vein, BTW Willmark p 18 you have "boaxed" & "thatís", on p 19 there's a "say" that should probably be a "saw" and �?oìliberated�?�. I'm not going to whine about the misplaced comma though, last line on the next to last paragraph. That would just be petty, right?

Oh, almost forgot, you have a "likely wise" that I think was supposed to be "likewise". Hmm and "struck in" and not "stuck in"? I presume. At the end there, p19.

I really appreciate the effort placed into this, and I'll just brag and say that *I* actually finished my piece well in time for WoH #9. :P :hat off

Detailed scrutiny continues...

warh:

Great job but I’m swedish not danish;P

snowblizz:

Great job but I'm swedish not danish;P

warh
Where I'm from that's not exactly something to brag about...

To continue Willmark, I think you've got some more Chaos God love there as a lot of apostrophes are rendered as " í "s in the article.

Also I think you "wish" you were feeling better. And you've misspelt Canada on page 21, along with Swissdictator.

Damn, I'm really starting to feel like I'm a grammar-n*** now. I'm honestly not trying to be difficult.

Thanks for the coverage and I'm sorry you got sick just there. Chicago next year? Hmm, I know people "close" by. Of course they hate Chicago with a passion so...

Willmark:

What I think is also going on is in the middle/towards the end of this I opened up the file in a higher version of InDesign (CS3 vs. CS5) and I’m not as familiar with it as I am the older version.

That also explains the “boaxed” & “thatís” that are appearing at least to a large degree.

This is also the reason that why I don’t take it to the larger web before here.

To all-
As far as the “dirty laundry” I was prepared to not speak about it but to be blunt it impacted this issue severely. And then this is on top of it being late last time, compounding it further. Its difficult to compile an issue with art and articles that you were planning on, not showing up. At this point I’m really not sure how to handle it. As in some cases I have to scramble to fill stuff, in others I have to yank other content because its not fitting in the case of Nico’s stuff), not fitting as in layout.

Bottom line folks is this is becoming chore rather then being fun, whether or not I continue to do it remains to be seen. When I get some time I’ll make the corrections that people have noted.

Also everyone needs to understand the layout is often a juggle, even if something is submitted. Sometimes things need to move to other issues for reasons that are not readily apparent.

And lastly this isn’t about being defensive I have absolutely no problem with feedback. I will point out the the story of this issue and the last… isn’t pretty. With what goes on behind the scenes… I’m surprised it even got out.

Ancient History:

Shadow and Flame continues to impress me.