[Archive] The Word of Hashut- Issue #11

Merchant:

I can only agree with vulcanologist

Willmark:

Still slaving away, its taking me longer then I would like… :frowning:

Willmark:

One thing that makes for a quicker production cycle and a less grumpy Dark Lord of Hashut… taking photos of minis on a white background.

Nicodemus:

One thing that makes for a quicker production cycle and a less grumpy Dark Lord of Hashut... taking photos of minis on a white background.

Willmark
Delegate oh Dark Lord! Expand thy staff to include another Dawi Zharr lord who will flog the masses into submission with his crop!

~N

Willmark:

One thing that makes for a quicker production cycle and a less grumpy Dark Lord of Hashut... taking photos of minis on a white background.

Willmark
Delegate oh Dark Lord! Expand thy staff to include another Dawi Zharr lord who will flog the masses into submission with his crop!

~N

Nicodemus
You would think that would be easier then it sounds. However, split production work in the past has produced.... interesting results shall we say.

Baggronor:

However, split production work in the past has produced.... interesting results shall we say.
Lol I know exactly what you mean ;) Many heads not always better than one.

tjub:

Gives it to us, we wants it!

t5p1ny:

when will it be available? I cant wait either =P

nitroglysarine:

tjub
we neeeeeeds it!

Fequiil:

tjub
we neeeeeeds it!

nitroglysarine
our precious thing!

Willmark:

I made good progress last night but still a ways off from getting it to the editorial team.

Willmark:

OK I got a TON done today. Not sure when this will be going to the editorial team but hopefully not too much longer.

zobo1942:

This might be a strange question… but don’t you send the raw ‘article’ files to the editors prior to doing the layout? Or, are the editors just proofing what you’re doing to make sure that, for example, textboxes aren’t hiddden behind things, etc…?

What’s the WoH workflow set up like? Is it similar to a typical print production workflow, but with the ‘print’ being ‘publish to pdf’?

Just curious…

Willmark:

We used to do that but being such that it is trying to get everyone’s stuff in prior to production is … challenging.

Willmark:

FINALLY!

Late tonight I should be making this available to the editors so not long now. I have a few pieces to plug in and nothing the editors need to start proofing. Shouldn’t be long now.

Hazkar:

cant wait to see it finally

rick1975:

is it finished?

where can i download it?

Border Reiver:

Settle down lad - just like a good beer it takes a while to make sure the final product’s fit for consumption.

rick1975:

Settle down lad - just like a good beer it takes a while to make sure the final product's fit for consumption.

Border Reiver
ok i'm waiting :)

Willmark:

If I had to hazard a guess I’d say by Saturday night (Sunday night on the other side of the pond).