[Archive] The Word of Hashut - Issue #5

Willmark:

Click here to download The Word of Hashut No.5!

Welcome back fellow Dawi Zharr and those from further afar, it is that time again:

Time again for all of the lesser races (i.e. all those who are not chaos dwarfs) to bow before our magnificent! Errr… I’ll try not to get too carried away. :wink:

One year… who would have thought such a thing possible? This issue is a symbol, the culmination of an entire years work if you will and is a testament to the entire community

as whole. So what’s inside? I’m not  going to give it away as there is plenty to read on the inside, so get downloading!

Again, sorry about the minor of a delay for Issue #5 of the Word of Hashut (I swear one of these times we are actually going to hit the release date specified). Tipping in at 104 pages

of awesome Dawi Zharr “goodness”. Beware this issue in its high rez format is 61.6 megabytes.

You’ll also note that the webzine is presented in two page spreads this time, that is because some of the awesome artwork is so big and so cool! It’s also is because we are not adverse

to trying out new ideas.

Down the road: Issue #6 is in the earliest planning stages as is the outline for #7 so if you want to submit something please contact me and let me know, from there Maul will take over and arrange for submissions. There is plenty of room available so get to work if you want in.

A special call out has to go out to Swissdictator who provided so much in terms of support for articles, and proofing. As well as someone to bounce ideas of of during the many layout sessions that I was up working on this till the very early in the AM.

Also major thanks to the entire Illustration Team, you will be hearing more from them in Issue #6 and beyond, so stay tuned for that.

So on behalf of the Word of Hashut team, please enjoy our efforts.

NOTE: As always for those with lower speed internet connections you can access a low res (its 15.9 megs) version here (caution it will look terrible if you print it from this file) http://www.mediafire.com/file/mt22d4omyzt/wohissue5lr.pdf

And a third way is now available for viewing: http://issuu.com/wordofhashut/docs/woh05

Lastly, always if there is something we missed please let me know, with something this big its bound to happen ;).

Willmark

Sojourn:

the issuu publication is not available anymore :frowning: sniffle or has it not yet been put up? why tease? why!?

I want to see it… haven’t seen it yet. I’m out of the loop, noooooooooo!

Willmark:

Downloads will work, just use those links.

Willmark:

Heh we just noticed one BIG typo on the Front Cover, we will take care of it in the first round of updates that always seem to happen… :wink:

dedwrekka:

Holy

Willmark:

Still need people who are established members to post on the following sites in question. Remember only those who are members of the sites mentioned don’t spam and make sure you post in the right section.

Librarium-Online

http://www.librarium-online.com/

Primary poster there: Xander

Alternate(s):

Table Top Gaming News

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com

Alternate(s):

The Warhammer Forum

http://warhammer.org.uk

Alternate(s): Viskar Zhragoth, Baggronor, Grimstonefire

Brushthralls

http://forums.brushthralls.com

Primary poster there: Onii One Orc

Alternate(s):

Border Town Burning

http://bordertownburning.de.vu/

Primary poster there: Cianty

Alternate(s):

tjub:

Great work! The comic was awesome, got really inspired to build more CDs… :slight_smile:

Loki:

Amazing work, the best one so far cant wait to see number 6 :slight_smile: a big hats off to every one that helps make WOH what it is. truly the best web magazine there is :hat off

Thommy H:

That Rykarth guy really gets around!

cianty:

Another awesome issue! Congratulations to all involved!

By the way, made a news entry on the BTB site, of course. Thanks for promoting the issue on TBMF, Willmark!

Baggronor:

I appear to have been credited as cover artist, which I’m sure whoever did the cover won’t be impressed with :slight_smile:

That Rykarth guy really gets around!
Originally I was intending to have Zhatan as the cameo in the comic, but after drawing Rykarth for the special character bit I really liked his spiky gorget and decided to include him instead. Although I really want to worm in a scene with Ghorth and Zhatan somewhere…

Edit: Have posted a link on the Warhammer Forum too.

Thommy H:

You know, we should really do some kind of collaboration since we seem to be working in the same version of the Chaos Dwarf universe with the same cast of characters…

Baggronor:

You know, we should really do some kind of collaboration since we seem to be working in the same version of the Chaos Dwarf universe with the same cast of characters...
:)

It is becoming undeniably true I feel. In fact, as you can probably tell, my writing skills have something of the muppet about them and I am far more comfortable drawing pretty pictures. Perhaps some kind of joint effort in future episodes of the comic? I have enough material for the rest of this story, probably 50 pages or so, after which I was going to wait and see.

Thommy H:

So would you want help with what remains of this story or just after you’re done with this one and starting on the next one? I’d certainly be willing to offer ideas or tweak what you already have, but I know that it can be difficult to have someone offer editorial advice when you already have certain ideas in place. I don’t want to step on your toes just for the sake of doing a collaboration is what I mean.

Willmark:

I appear to have been credited as cover artist, which I'm sure whoever did the cover won't be impressed with :)

Baggronor
Heh, added for the list of changes!

Baggronor:

So would you want help with what remains of this story or just after you're done with this one and starting on the next one? I'd certainly be willing to offer ideas or tweak what you already have, but I know that it can be difficult to have someone offer editorial advice when you already have certain ideas in place. I don't want to step on your toes just for the sake of doing a collaboration is what I mean.
Basically, part of the reason I'm doing this comic is that I want to see if I can put together a comic from start to finish, ie story idea through to final piece. I'm doing it independently of my usual writer, as he is busy moving house and writing the script for Shadows of a Changing Face, my main comic. Soooo, I'm quite set on doing Daemonsmith Blackhand's story myself, and this would likely be about 50 odd pages (probably 3-4 issues worth). After that, I am open to collaborations, and quite keen on the idea. Writing for it would presumably start while I'm still drawing Blackhand's story, so it could work :)

Border Reiver:

I’ll post a link to the Word on Warhammer Realm - just because.

Willmark:

Awesome keep up the good promotion work!

Bjorni:

After having been away for a while 2 things strike me immediately

1. The production quality of the zine is really nice, special kudos to a large portion of the artwork.

2. The amount of very good looking models produced by various members, kudos.

Grimstonefire:

Glad I managed to sneak in for the cover on this one! :) I assumed you were going to use the other one…?

This one really is awesome. This is miles better than WD was, even in it’s best day imo. The video I mentioned in my article is now up here.