[Archive] The Word of Hashut - Issue #5

Hazkar:

hmmm…for some reason i cant download the woh

i even cant look at it,theres jut a blank page…need help…wanna see!!!

Swissdictator:

If you’re using FireFox try moving to the next page. I had this error once or twice, where the cover showed up blank.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Awesome! I am always again surprised how it`s possible to surpass the last issue of WoH, but it always turns out the team manages to achieve it. Kudos to all involved! :hat

maelzch:

it’s awesome, congrats to all involved!

and yay! i got a dwarf in the mag!

Khan!:

That Rykarth guy really gets around!

Thommy H
I was thinking the same thing.

Fortunately, both the comic and the fiction were the best part of this issue, in my opinion. Baggronor's art is fantastic, and Thommy H has succeeded in making fanfiction interesting! Very well done.

Also I'm pleased at the inclusion of my equal-opportunity Dark Elf sorcerer. Horray!

Hazkar:

If you're using FireFox try moving to the next page. I had this error once or twice, where the cover showed up blank.

Swissdictator
i use firefox but it shows nothing,i tried to download it a couple of times and always nothing...sometimes internet sux

Gaixo:

:~ Never mind, who cares.

cornixt:

Try doing a right-click Save target As.

Zanko:

@ Hazkar: I also use Firefox, no problem …

:hashut

clam:

Had a quick look through this afternoon. A massive 104 pages - Very well done :smiley:

Lots of cool stuff in there - but must stunning is Baggronor’s awesome artwork/comic - I’m speechless. His work really is in a league of it’s own :hat off

Willmark:

:~ Never mind, who cares.

Gaixo
Did you need help with something????

Also I noticed a few other things I'll try to get fixed tonight.

GRNDL:

Its a great issue. Lots of polish and very professional as usual.

/frowns at Editorial staff

Looks like my “banner waving”  contribution at Games Day was relegated to merely being a hobgoblin and dropping things, rather than suffering the PA speaker stacks in the line of duty and the ultimate humiliation by GW judges.

Willmark:

Hehe nope its funny when you mention your contribution… I think we might be seeing it in a future Word of Hashut :slight_smile:

Also we need to get this on the Tomb Kings site, anyone a member?

Skink:

This is the best WoH ever! A joy to see & read!

The quality of the models shown is stunning, and the comic, the fiction, the tutorials… :o fantastic!

Thommy H:

Thommy H has succeeded in making fanfiction interesting!  Very well done.

Khan!
Thanks, although I still question the label "fan fiction". Fan fiction implies a story written about established characters by someone with no connection to the original creative endeavour. While I won't dispute the second part (and so I probably do qualify as a "fan"), I'm not sure how many "established characters" I'm using. Rykarth was invented for the Nemesis Crown campagin by GW's US web team so is hardly official in any sense, Zhatan has a paragraph or two in WD presents: CD and Ghorth just a line here and there. It is set in an established universe of course (would writing about some Ensigns on the Enterprise count as Star Trek fan fic?).

Point is, I think "fan fiction" carries with it a certain burden of implication. It's just a story set in the Warhammer world.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though!

Skullomartin:

Thanks!

This Issue is fantastic, :slight_smile:

:hat off

Baggronor:

Lots of cool stuff in there - but must stunning is Baggronor's awesome artwork/comic - I'm speechless. His work really is in a league of it's own
Many thanks :) It was something I'd be planning for a while, glad it seems to be well received. I'm gonna have to plan my script/page layout better for next time, too many words, not enough space :) and a bigger page count too (hopefully).
Rykarth was invented for the Nemesis Crown campagin by GW's US web team so is hardly official in any sense, Zhatan has a paragraph or two in WD presents: CD and Ghorth just a line here and there.
Rykarth was originally just a hero with Armour of Gaz who gave a BSB re-roll if I remember correctly. It wasn't until the CD community got hold of him that he became a real character. Same goes for a lot of the coolest CD stuff actually, most of it is a line or 2 from GW transformed into something vastly improved by people on this forum :)

Thommy H:

He was a special character for the Nemesis Crown though. I think it may have been someone here who came up with the Granite Guard stuff, his connection to the Immortals from Grudge Bearerer and the thing about him being able to meet Archaon’s eyes when he brokered the deal for the Hellcannons. That stuff did end up on the Nemesis Crown website though, I believe.

Either way, I fleshed him out a bunch and he’s been picked up on by a couple of others.

Zanko:

Great stuff!

Like the other issues awesome pics, stories and and and!

I haven´t finished to read it yet, I´m eager to see what will follow!

All in all brilliant work … I look forward to the next issue! :hat off

:hashut

Perturabo:

Excellent issue! I just wish I had a printer. For some reason it’s a struggle for me to read a large amount of text on a screen. I can see it fine, but still…

Just so you know, I post a fair bit on Librarium Online. I can put it up there if you need me to.