i cant download it on any of the 3 versions

Help please :frowning:

Hazkar:

i cant download it on any of the 3 versions

Help please :(

kerbak
looks like im not the only one...welcome to the club :cheers

cornixt:

On some PCs it takes a while for it to do anything because it is downloading the file (which is big, so take a few minutes). So if you click on the links it might look like nothing is happening when in fact it is downloading in the background. Click on it and leave it for a while (try the smallest one first)

Gaixo:

:~ Never mind, who cares.

Gaixo
Did you need help with something????

Also I noticed a few other things I'll try to get fixed tonight.

Willmark
I guess that after last issue, when I noted that my formatting had been erased and reapplied incorrectly, you might have checked with me before just guessing again. I feel like I've always been as accessible and helpful as possible, so it's a little bit frustrating to me. It's also disheartening, because my writing is evidently of such a poor quality that the editorial staff can't tell which bits are "in character" and which aren't. :(

Thommy H:

Things like formatting can get lost in translation - I formatted things differently in my campaign pack than they ended up in the magazine. I like my way better, but itā€™s no big deal: I understand editorial fiat. When the editors are dealing with a webzine thatā€™s over 100 pages in length, and have to secure articles, artwork, etc. for it, Iā€™m thinking they probably donā€™t have time to check every detail of every article. They do the best job they can, and itā€™s not like they get paid.

Willmark:

:~ Never mind, who cares.

Gaixo
Did you need help with something????

Also I noticed a few other things I'll try to get fixed tonight.

Willmark
I guess that after last issue, when I noted that my formatting had been erased and reapplied incorrectly, you might have checked with me before just guessing again. I feel like I've always been as accessible and helpful as possible, so it's a little bit frustrating to me. It's also disheartening, because my writing is evidently of such a poor quality that the editorial staff can't tell which bits are "in character" and which aren't. :(

Gaixo
Umm Dude you're reading way to much into this. In fact under submissions guidelines we prefer it unformatted, in fact 12 point type single spaced would be awesome... That's rarely what I get.

Additionally you're going from a word processor file to a design app: in can inherit a lot from the Word doc but that is a another issue all together. In fact Word carries forward a lot of stuff I dont want.

Next as Thommy correctly points out it's hard with how big this is getting (future issues will be smaller),but this isn't my life, however it sure feels like it...

With all that said, no intentional slight is meant, it is what it is: trying to manage getting this all done on nights and weekends, sometimes up very late as many people can attest to. I give up a lot of sleep to do this, I give up a lot of free time, I'm not complaining, but put it in perspective. If there are things you'd like tweaked in terms of formatting that's fine, most likely lost in the shuffle.

PM me as I'll be working on some other corrections later tonight.

cornixt:

Sometimes things get missed, mistakes are made, copy and pasting from the wrong file, etc. Given the size of the work, Iā€™m surprised Willmark doesnā€™t make more mistakes, he does such a great job.

Iā€™m always worried when I edit someoneā€™s article that I will misinterpret something, read it wrong, and change itā€™s intended meaning. On the other hand, if we donā€™t edit them to read clearly, follow normal conventions, then the magazine looks bad. There are so many great ideas out there, we donā€™t want to turn them down, but equally we canā€™t spend huge amounts of time making corrections. For any magazine, newspaper, etc, the writers are always at the mercy of the editors, who donā€™t have the time or energy to discuss changes for everything they edit.

Willmark:

Kerbak and Hazkar check your PMs.

Hazkar:

Kerbak and Hazkar check your PMs.

Willmark
didnt get one...

Willmark:

K Iā€™ll pm later this evening my time.

snowblizz:

On page 12 the text appears to cut of and part of a sentence has disappeared.

So whatļæ½?Ts up next? Well for starters the Fall Issue of the

Word of Hashut is slated for late September. I have

been working on the layout and have been working on
Iā€™m dying to know what Willmark is working on! :wink:

Willmark:

Corrections made and re uploaded.

Gundini:

Love the story of Gozzadini and Khazahn its like an evil Gotrek and Felix I look forward too it every time. epicly awesome

Kera foehunter:

This is to funny !! most of the time i have trouble getting it . but i got it down loaded the first time!!

Thommy H:

Love the story of Gozzadini and Khazahn its like an evil Gotrek and Felix  I look forward too it every time. epicly awesome

Gundini
Yeah, I realised the parallels about halfway through, so I had to throw in a nod at the end. This story is over now, but I expect they'll have more tales to tell in the future. I also have some plans to make some miniatures of them and I'm wondering if I can persuade Willmark to let me include some Dogs of War rules for them in a future WoH...

Willmark:

Dogs of War in terms of them for hire with Chaos Dwarfs or in general Dogs of War rules? If So the folks over at www.dogsofwaronline.com might wnat some of of your rules of a future issue of Gold and Gloryā€¦ :slight_smile:

Thommy H:

Iā€™m not sure Chaos Dwarfs would hire them, sadly, but obviously since they appeared in a series of stories in WoH, it would be a bit bizarre to include their rules in another webzine.

Willmark:

Fair enough PM me and let me know when you are ready.

kerbak:

YEAHHHHHHHH!!!

Finally, thanks to Willmark I could Download it,

Now let see the Issue #5

Kera foehunter:

Dogs of War in terms of them  for hire with Chaos Dwarfs or in general Dogs of War rules? If So the folks over at www.dogsofwaronline.com might wnat some of of your rules of a future  issue of Gold and Glory... :)

Willmark
I call shenanigans!! Promoting one site !! on another site
you must buy everone a drink willmark:hat off