[Archive] The Word of Hashut - Issue #6

cornixt:

I was thinking that this is the first since issue one that I had nothing to do with, but then I noticed my short stories and a few articles are proof read for previous editions. There are a surprising number of models that I don’t recall seeing before, I must have missed them on this forum somehow.

fauthsie:

Another great read guys… :slight_smile:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Wow those banners by Grupax positively blow me away. Not only the geometrical finesse, but also the idea to be able to combine different shapes of flags into even more impressive displays. Lots of cool ideas for these banners, guys! :hat off

tjub:

Hmm, Im having trouble printing them since the pages seem to be A3. Any possibillity the banners could be uploaded in A4 sheets anywhere? :slight_smile: Im in the planning stages of redoing my CD army and paper banners might be a cool idea.

Border Reiver:

Awesome banners, and Baggronor - we want more of theat story!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

This looks awesome! I sure wish that some of my models would make it in WOH.

Baggronor:

Baggronor - we want more of theat story!
As Skagg says, next time it gets interesting: I stop drawing mega battle scenes and get into the serious storytelling :)

LimeyDragon:

Fantabulous work… I love the banners, alphabet, numbers, and all the lovly CD pic’s… My hats off to you… :hat off

snowblizz:

I’d like to make one complaint so far. The Tactica article suggest that boltthrowers can autokill Scraplaunchers. This is not true. Only a runed Dwarf boltthrower can get to the required S7. Certainly not the ones in the CD army.

Page 48 has a minor typo, “other” that should be “over”, in “Bull charge!” paragraph last line.

P.51 “Yhetees”, third paragraph, (in the middle) should probably read "please notE…"

There’s a couple of others as well, but I’m feeling a bit too picky at the moment so I’m going to ignore them. :stuck_out_tongue:

cornixt:

The banners should probably end up in the wiki, some of them are a bit low-res too so maybe that can be corrected.

The article on Ogres is very good, although fails to note that Ogres were only available for Empire and O&G (and maybe Chaos) when the WDP book came out, the DoW version didn’t come out until a while afterwards. Also, one of the sentences about Chaos Ogres seems to stop halfway through.

tjub:

The banners should probably end up in the wiki, some of them are a bit low-res too so maybe that can be corrected.

The article on Ogres is very good, although fails to note that Ogres were only available for Empire and O&G (and maybe Chaos) when the WDP book came out, the DoW version didn't come out until a while afterwards. Also, one of the sentences about Chaos Ogres seems to stop halfway through.

cornixt
Ah, the banners in the wiki section would be great! :)

Willmark:

I’ll get to those corrections shortly guys thanks for pointing them out.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Banners that we can download or have a printable pdf of would be great!

Willmark:

Heh you do have something you can print out the PDF itself! just print the page and only the page(s) you want. :wink:

Also Medals have been awarded, If I somehow missed someone please IM.

tjub:

Heh you do have something you can print out the PDF itself! just print the page and only the page(s) you want. ;)

Also Medals have been awarded, If I somehow missed someone please IM.

Willmark
I know, but thats where I had problmens...Since most of the pdf pages are in A3(two WoH pages), for some reason I cant chose to print the right part of a pdf page.
Uh, dont know if this makes sense... :P

maelzch:

It’s another great job, by far the best webzine out there!

I’m dead chuffed to have a full page picture for my giant and my banner bearer in there too!!

If you’re after hobbo pics, i should have some sneaky gits done soonish

Willmark:

I'm dead chuffed...

maelzch
Always makes me chuckle.

tjub I'll see if I can export just the pdf of the banners for you.

Kera foehunter:

great job willmark !!  the member of the month !! Baggronor at last we se the man behind the art work

Baggronor:

Baggronor at last we se the man behind the art work
Unfortunately :) I hate photos of me

wallacer:

Love the banners. I’ll definitely be using some of those.