[Archive] time to try again

gorgarrak:

After six months of starting other armies and being away from chaos dwarfs, i have gathered together 5 sets of BFSP dwarfs, 1 dwarf battalion, 2 earthshaker cannons, 1 death rocket, 1 box of plastic chaos dwarfs, 7 bull centaurs, 8 metal warriors, 12 metal blunderbusses, 3 command groups, 2 heros, 1 hero on great taurus, 1 sorcerer on lamassu and 1 astrogoth.

using the classic CDs for reference only for my conversions i hope to have a small force ready soon, i will keep this blog updated with pics and project reports as the fledgling force grows and i become a more compitent converter, sculpter and painter of chaos dwarfs.

gorgarrak:

hope you like my take on an earthshaker cannon, not sure about the horns though. crew will follow shortly

EDIT: Please use the edit button to correct a post instead of creating multiple ones. Thank you ~ Hashut’s Blessing.

Loki:

Welcome back gorgarrak, great work with the GS on these models they look ace :slight_smile: What are you useing for the hats they look great ? cant wait to see these painted up keep up the great work :hat off

gorgarrak:

Thanks for the comment, the hats are a combination of plastic drinks straws, a drawing pin and green stuff or a bead with plastic rod and green stuff. The details are scraped from space marines with a hobby knife.

Loki:

they work really well , i am looking forward to seeing more :slight_smile:

Borador:

ace GS work, keep it up! Looking forward to seeing them painted!

tjub:

Good to have you back and great GS work you have done! :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Though I’m no real BigHat fan the Hats look ace! Never seen much better ones - even here at CDO! :hat off

I like your Earthshaker too - perhaps a bit too small chassis - but nonetheless great stuff! … and I like the horns! :cheers

:hashut

gorgarrak:

here is my first painted new chaos dwarf, hope you like it as there will be more to follow

Bolg:

the pictures are a bit fuzz, but they dont hide the top notch greenstuff skliis you have there!!!

Not to found of the Eartshaker, but that could be the picture. first painted model looks good (but again, bit fuzzy picture)

gorgarrak:

yeah im not too fond of the earthshaker myself, it looked good as a green but now its painted it looks too stubby, top heavy and unstable, thanks for the c and c

Loki:

great work on the first painted model he looks really good, just need to get the photos clearer so we can all se your awesome green stuff skills :slight_smile:

Borador:

nice job! keep them coming! :slight_smile:

gorgarrak:

i’ve just started work on an Astrogoth conversion to bring him up to date with my big hats, but i need ideas for the mechanical legs. I may use necron legs but they are a bit thin, unless i can get hold of an original metal necron. any ideas welcome

Loki:

tjub did a conversion using necron legs, he used 4 to make a kind of chair that looked cool, check out hi blog to see the photos it worked out really well

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Looks awesome so far! Love the Earthshaker. I am going to try to make one today using some evergreen sheet styrene and some bits from sprue runners.

gorgarrak:

sounds cool, mine is made from one of the misses’ old lipsticks. lol, 2 more on the way.

black hammer:

The earthshaker looks a little front heavy. Maybe you should add another pair of wheels in the front.

gorgarrak:

first rank painted, second rank sculpted. no pics till tommorrow due to bad light

gorgarrak:

as promised here is my front rank painted and also last night’s project my test inferno golem, c + c welcome