[Archive] UK Battle for Albion 2008 Weekend - new CD rules to be used!

thepaintingmonkey:

Not sure how many of you live in England but I noticed this on the White Dwarf site a little while ago and it’s got me quite excited!

Here is a link to the site:

http://www.tempusfugitives.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=6&Itemid=52

These guys seemed to run a lot of the campaign weekends at warhammer world. If you read the Draft info pack you will notice a bit of Chaos Dwarf fluff - yes CD are going to play a part in the campaign. After chatting to the organizers it apppears that they are going to write an experimental CD list to be used at the weekend! I haven’t heard anything other than the mention of a kolossus. :slight_smile:

I’ve mobilized my uni society to go to this with their various armies, but I wondered if I was going to be the only CD there or not. That’s assuming I get my army constructed and painted by the start of March. Gulp.

So anyone interested? Maybe you’ve already seen this? Sceptical about experimental list? Lets hear thoughts people!

EDIT: Sorry - realised I’ve put this in the wrong section of the forum. oops. any chance of a mod shifting it somewhere more appropriate? Cheers.

gIL^:

if this is true and its in a location i can get to, count me and my mates in

Edit : no dogs of war allowed? there provoking 2 earthshakers, and tbh this tourny is gonna be flooded with truthsayers orge armys

Edit 2 : these guys are charging �45 for 6 games, these people are certainly out for a profit and not for the game, sorry but count me out

thepaintingmonkey:

Sorry to hear that gil.

To be fair the scenario pack does stress fun over competitive play. My friend went to a 40k one they ran last year and said that it was a real blast. Obviously it might be flooded with power gamers, but I’ve got a big enough group going with that we’ll have fun in many hours of drinking around the games. :slight_smile:

As far as 2 ES goes - I know that they aren’t the competitive choice, but I saw this as a good opportunity to use BCs.

Oh well, each to their own -cheers for looking anyway.

Any thoughts from anyone else?

WarplockMonkey:

If someone does go, they gotta get a copy of the CD rules!

thepaintingmonkey:

I’ll keep my eye on the website and as soon as the rules are up I will post them for everyones delectation.