[Archive] usernames

Vasquez:

Well, my username is the name of a rpg character I once used in a Silent Hill rpg. I stole the name and looks from Private Carmen Vasquez from the Aliens movie… so you might guess she was a butch and gun happy woman :wink:

My avatar… is just me with a rose :slight_smile:

zorn sabretooth:

my avatar is revolver ocelot from the mgs seires

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

my avatar is a flying penguin :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

my avater is me well in cartoon form haha

Ghrask Dragh:

Ghrask Dragh is the name the Chaos Dwarfs gave to Braugh Slavelord, the coolest Ogre character around, and means ‘corpse-slaver’.

Back when he was a maneater travelling the forests of the old world, Braugh was imprisoned by a powerful necromancer. But Braugh was strong even for a Ogre, and eventually broke free of the necromancer’s dungeons and slaughtered him. Braugh then ate half of the slaves in the dungeons and dragged the rest away as his own slaves, tying them to his gut-plate with the enchanted chains he had ripped from the dungeon walls. Even when one the slaves died from exhaustion, it remained bound in servitude to Ghrask Dragh. So it is that Braugh Slavelord deals not only in flesh but in spirits.

Thought is was a pretty cool story.

Current Avatar;

superfella:

my user name is a character i played in a short film for a friend’s degree course, which ended up being my nickname.

i have only painted the one CD to test a colour scheme out and havent figured out how to make it into an avatar yet, so im borrowing one!

Steven:

Well, my username is the name of a rpg character I once used in a Silent Hill rpg. I stole the name and looks from Private Carmen Vasquez from the Aliens movie... so you might guess she was a butch and gun happy woman ;-)

My avatar... is just me with a rose :)

Vasquez
I just watched that Aliens weekend. Best line ever...

HUDSON: Hey, Vasquez...you ever been mistaken for a man?
VASQUEZ: No. Have you?

She was the best character in that movie, hands down. So your username rules. :cheers

Willmark:

Willmark came about rather easily. As some of you know Mark is my real first name. The “Will” has nothing to do with my actual name and simply came about from D&D. Wilmark was inspired by a friend who cleverly disguised/hid name in his character (at the time) name.

There have been 5 Willmark’s to date. The most successful was Willmark III a 1st edition AD&D high elf Fighter/Magic User/thief of levels 6/6/7.

Captain Crayon:

Captain Crayon comes from playing battlefield 1942 online with my little brother about a million years ago.

He was Captain Underpants, So me being Captain Crayon seemed a logical progression…

And my Avatar is my other obsession and the love of my life :stuck_out_tongue:

Vasquez:

I just watched that Aliens weekend. Best line ever...

HUDSON: Hey, Vasquez...you ever been mistaken for a man?
VASQUEZ: No. Have you?

She was the best character in that movie, hands down. So your username rules. :cheers

Steven
Thanks... She's also one of my fave characters... a butch warrior woman, but good deep down at heart - sort of like me :)

BTW funny to see where people got their nicks from :)

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

my avatar is now a dark elf warrior but my username is an orcs one so…?

Grish:

Mine came from the first time I needed an email account to play the original Warcraft ~15 years ago. I was not good at first compared to the online people, so I used the name Grishnakh from the Lord of the Rings. A cowardly Orc that gets run down in Rohan. Seemed to fit.

X-Porter:

The Porter was a character I created for the Playstation game “WWF Warzone”. I was working as a banquet porter at the time, so I made the character that looked like me at work. An All-Male-Manly-Man in a Speedo!

Ok, he was a skinny guy in slacks, vest, dress-shirt and tie with red elbow and knee pads.

And he was A GODLESS KILLING MACHINE!!!

Then, when I became disillusioned with my crap-crappy workplace, he joined DX and became The X-Porter!

Things went well until one tournament day when I was getting completely schooled (my opponent was cheating. Honest!), so I used a cheat code to call in Triple H to help me. He ran down to ringside and stood there leaning on the ropes watching me get the 1-2-3 count out. I got mad and left to form DX Hollywood.

Ever since, I’ve been ‘The X-Porter’ Hollywood Hewitt…

GODLESS KILLING MACHINE!!!

(Flaming  Bull avatar courtesy of the completely awesome Monster Magnet album cover for “God Says No”)

Canix:

Canix is taken from a favourite 1st ed D&D chaotic/neutral mage i played Eons ago.So my CD sorcerer lord has the same name :hat

Avatar was supposed to be temporary but it may stick:D

Narflung:

Narflung was from one of the orc and goblin books, or maybe 40k orks, I can’t remember. I used to run with Grand Master Bethor in the Maelstrom. Brother Bethor was a character from the old Dark Angels from Angels of Death (40k) who I had converted and given a good paintjob (the best robes I’ve ever painted and that was years ago), then became my new chapter master.

superfella:

Bethor was also a Blood Angels Terminator with a very high voice from the space hulk pc game!

nitroglysarine:

Thread Lich Strikes Again

nitroglysarine was my hotmail username from 10 years ago, I was just always to lazy to dream up a new one.

And yes it is spelt wrong, the correct way had already gone as an option.

-on a related note, can you change your name on these forums??

Blue in VT:

:hat off

Haha…mine strangely has nothing to do with Warhammer…

I also play acoustic Blues guitar (1920-30’s style) so my handle on guitar forums is my music style "Blue"s…and my location “VT”…the state of Vermont, USA…hence "Blue in VT"

If your interested in blues and ragtime music check out a couple of my vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl6EsM1E4FY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5MijjRwoGw

Warning…this one has lyrics…I’m much more of a guitar player than a singer…you have been warned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1SxIUasrDw

Cheers,

Blue

Abecedar:

mines just shortened from a real word meaning novice or learner. The wabbit dwagon is a commisioned work drawn by my daughter at my request. From an old yosemite sam quote " I hates wabbit-dwagon’s".

Blind Berzerker:

Looks like a Neopet to me :cheers

I’ve been going about using my first roleplaying name as a handle/nick/screenname for decades now. But it is not this one.

There are those who call me…

No; not Tim.

It’s Daeothar! The name has a complex origin in a time before Lord of the Rings came to the silver screen and stuntmen in black pyama’s and balaclavas were all the rage. In my early teens, I devoured all of Tolkien’s work, including the Silmarillion. That book had a comprehensive listing of names, a description of the languages Tolkien developed and even a sort of dictionary. So I created my name by adding two words/names from there.

I read The Hobbit first when I was about 12, and my copy of the book had a border of runes on its cover. There were also runes on the map inside and together with the (partial) translation in the narrative of some of the words on the map, I decyphered the runes on the cover, getting the entire alphabet in the process.

So, when creating my name, I was immediately drawn to Daeron, a bard in the Silmarrillion, who created the rune writing I had just decyphered. But I’ve mostly played rogue-like characters with an inclination to fight, and being ‘just’ a bard didn’t cut it. It needed more badass, so I worked in the name ‘Ohtar’, a human squire, mentioned somewhere in LotR. And as Daeron was an elf, this also begot me a half-elf name, which was my favourite character race. Double win!

When looking at the meaning of the names, there is another bonus though. ‘Daeron’ means ‘Shadow of the Tree’ and ‘Ohtar’ means ‘Warrior’, so just take the shadow part of the first name and add it to the (sadly misspelled, but I might have done so on purpose; can’t remember) warrior part, and you get Daeothar; Shadow-Warrior.

And Shadow-Warrior is English for the Japanese word Shinobi, which is interchangeable with Ninja; who were of course all the craze in the eighties. Triple Win!!

Only downside is the inability of most people to spell it correctly, but one gets used to that… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The screen name I used here came about when I wanted to join, but incognito, as Daeothar is pretty distinctive and could be recognised on other forums. And since I had re-watched ‘Erik the Viking’ just the night before (grossly underrated and unknown Monty Pythonesque film), I just had to choose this…