[Archive] usernames

Grimstonefire:

@Blind berzerker

You really put some thought into it!

Mine is the name of my Dwarf King.  Which is actually Morgrim (More ‘Grim’) Stonefire, or just 'Grim’Stonefire.

Well, the current king is Kazador Stonefire, he believes his father is dead, but he’s actually a prisoner in Zharr Naggrund. :slight_smile:

Blind Berzerker:

@Blind berzerker
You really put some thought into it!

Grimstonefire
Yeah well, I could have gone the 'Steven' way, but I live by the filosofy to never do things the simple way, when they can be done unnecessarily complex! :D

Zanko:

“Zanko” is my current and longest surviving RPG character! The full name of this guy is “Zanko Zvetanov dà Balakov” - inspired by two football/soccer players who played in the German Bundesliga at this time … 1997! :cheers

Hence I choosed this name as my user name. :wink:

The Avatar is my most favourite/beloved CD miniature! :smiley:

:hashut

Obsidian:

Well; I guess that covers it all; back to the studio. Tim?:hat off

Blind Berzerker
Yes?!;P

Bassman:

Nice thread!

Mine come from High school, in those times far and far away I used to play bass guitar in a death metal band (Death, At the Gates, Dark Tranquillity :wink: ). The first time I  met one of my best friend I told him I was a bass player and he started to call me “Bassman”. I know he should have called me “bass player” but well, our English sucked (not that now is getting better!). I pretty like it as everyone can be a bass player but I’m the only one “Bassman” :smiley:

My Avatars in this website are always my drawing. He is character I made for a small local newspaper called “the flea”.

Unzul:

Unzul is the name of my orc warboss and I use always it in internet…

BilboBaggins:

Mine came from The Hobbit of course. A friend just started calling me it in the 80’s. Well before the Movies and the current GW game.

Novogord Vivendi:

My name is one all my characters have/got, might they be dwarfs, evils persons or ordinary humans. They never escaped the misspelled Russian city.

Galladorn:

Galladorn,

From the movie Willow. The castle of Galladoorn that was destroyed by Queen Bavmorda’s armies

RoguePanda:

A combination of too much time playing a rogue on World of Warcraft, while wishing they would put the awesome Pandaren into the game triggered my username. Now I just have this image of a ninja panda in my head, and I love it :slight_smile:

Lord maklai:

Well sharks are my favourite animals, 2nd octopus, 3rd polar bears, so any sort of gaming I would sign in as DJ Sharkboy, then found out there was a DJ called that so now it's been shortened. Sometimes I'm Octoshark but that way madness lies.:o

Sharkboy
Madness? Surely you jest! That way stromfells lies;P

AGPO:

AGPO is an Irish anagram. One of the places I used to work had very strict rules about how we could and could not maintain our online presence. Going by AGPO meant only my closest friends could work out who I am, and I could post with relative freedom anonymity. When I spilt over into forums it was logical to keep the name.

Thorne:

Thorne is a name that I had used often as a surname for my D&D characters. Often I have also used it for many other things too My Legion of the Damned captain was called Thorne also when we used to once upon a time name our models.

nitroglysarine:

is there a way to change them, or are they locked?

Redhammer:

My name is actually based off of my western dwarf hold’s fluff.  I kept my name similar to my name on Bugman’s Brewery (I’m ReudanRedhammer over there) to keep the connection if anyone noticed.  Seems like not, but I had a few army lists up, one which was recommended to newbies in 7th on at least one occasion I can think of… Meh.  

I actually got called a liar by one powergamer there after I clearly posted battle reports from a toruney my local club had, to which he said that there was no way I would have won a tourney as Dwarfs without playing a gunline, and after that and some bold faced opposition to some tactics I posted as to how I won, another accusation of lying about my win record, and opposition to my general beliefs that warhammer is anyone’s game, I have kinda left that forum for the time being.  People (at least most of the ones I seemed to talk to/were vocal on the forum.  There are good people on that forum too! Thoin Ironfist comes to mind, as does Tah Kazak Rik off the top of my head… those guys are great) in 7th ed were seemingly obsessed with gunlines as the only competitive option for Dwarfs, and it drove me crazy.

Actually, my goodly Dwarfs amuse me at how many accidental fluff references to Chaos Dwarfs I had with them, all without realizing!  First off, they live in Zharrgrund Bar (I got the name by cobbling together khazalid words to mean “Firehammer Gate”), which is a hold built in a volcano.  :P Second they had what I called an the Steamhammer Avalanche Cannon, which was striking similar to a big earthshaker, used to seal off mountain passes by breaking apart rock and causing avalanches.  The Redhammer my name is from?  That’s the ancestral runic hammer my Dwarf Lord uses in battle.  

So, I’m named after an ancestral runic weapon my Dwarf lord, Skaggi Shieldbringer uses.  I went with the same name for familiarity, and also because I made my account before I named Damekker the Bleak or Gushrakk the Paranoid, my Chaos Dwarf lord and sorcerer lord, respectively.  I guess this turned slightly into a anti-gunline-powergamer rant, but that happens. :wink:

cornixt:

is there a way to change them, or are they locked?

nitroglysarine
I'm pretty sure there is a way, but it is really awkward to do.

Awbbie:

My Little Sister

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Zuh-Khinie:

Zuh-Khinie…

I wanted an evil sounding name without being all too serious about it (I really can’t seem to take anything rather serious when it comes to playing with small plastic puppets, even though I love this hobby and played it for more than 10 years).

Together with his nephew Kha’Arrod, wearer of the bigger hat (head of Zuh-Khinie’s former clan, though not the army’s general), and his ‘faithfull’ hobgoblin thrall Maggoz, Zuh-Khinie collects the gold and slaves from those indebted to the Black Tower and the council of Hashut.

Zuh-Khinie is more than a captain amongst the immortals, but relies heavily on his old clan when he heads out of the Dark Lands in search of the indebted.

My avatar is from Dreamworks’ ‘How to train your dragon’. All the vikings in that movie acted and looked like dwarfs… not evil dwarfs, but dwarfs none the less.

Hashut’s Blessing:

My name is simply what I am too you all…

nitroglysarine:

My name is simply what I am too you all...

Hashut's Blessing
An oxymoron?