[Archive] Vaftrudnirs Chaos Dwarfs

Vaftrudnir:

Got some dwarfs from a friend, fixed them up a bit:

Smiths and fireborn ready for some paint.

Plus Ive started on a BSB for my ogres:

Samanos:

very nice, those kdaai will look awesome painted.

Bassman:

Wow, great Kdaiis.

That’s exactly what I was looking for to figure out Dwarf’s golems!

mnmmmmhh, thinking to steal your idea… :wink:

Vaftrudnir:

WIP on the fireborn, man I hate painting fire and magma… And Im planning on doing a destroyer and hellcannon in the same style…

Karring:

Love your fireborns. It is not easy to paint fire and magma, but those are CD standars, ha, ha.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I love them! My only critique would be the heads needs more yellow/orange and less white.

Galladorn:

Those k’daii are AWESOME!!!

Vaftrudnir:

Thanks mates.
More or less finished with the fireborn now. They could use some yellow/orange ink but as I don’t have any that will have to wait.
(the whites aren’t as visible IRL)

Xander:

Awesome army so far!

Really like the K’daai! Nice work. :slight_smile:

Kronosv13:

The K’daai look sick dude, I like the idea of them being stocky and dwarf like, think the fire though could do with some toning down, perhaps a wash though, don’t think ink would be necessary, and some black on the uttermost tips, but they sure do look good ranked up :slight_smile:

Vaftrudnir:

I scrapped the idea of big %#/ rigs for my cannons and started on some smaller ones:

(Im thinking of making Iron daemons out of the old rigs)

Kronosv13:

Those smaller canons look good, intrested to see what you do with the old rig to make the iron daemon.

Vaftrudnir:

Scavenging what I can find here at home to make the boilers for my DE atm :stuck_out_tongue:

More or less finished with the cannons now at least. Just the crew and some details left.

And now to look for some stuff to make death rockets out of :mad

Edit:
Yeah some black on the tips of the flames and a little less white might make the flames look better on the fireborn.

JMR:

Edit:
Yeah some black on the tips of the flames and a little less white might make the flames look better on the fireborn.

Vaftrudnir
Although I agree that the flames on your k'daai are maybe a bit too white (and too yellow?), I do feel that having the flames around the head being brighter is a very, very good thing. It immediately draws the eye towards the faces as a focal point. So be careful not to ruin that effect if you tone the white down. You could use the same trick to put more focus on the "blades" too, but you'd probably have to be quite conservative with brighter spots in order to avoid everything being bright and the whole effect being lost.

I'm usually not a fan of black tips on flames though, but I may be convinced otherwise :)

Admiral:

Nice cannons. Just paint some red and smoke-black tips to the flames and you will probably be fine.

Vaftrudnir:

Started to work on some more fireborn and hellcannon earlier.

Vaftrudnir:

WIP fireborn

WIP Hellcannon and Destroyer

Plus some painting WIPs

DAGabriel:

Wow, what a lot of WIPs, that is real Chaos!

beefcake:

Awesome work. What is it that you are making the K’Daii out of?

Bolg:

Ooh nice updates! Keep those Wip pic coming!