[Archive] Vancouver Olympics -2010

Willmark:

I much prefer the Summer Games as evidenced when I got sidetracked in Summer 2008 :wink:

Realizing that some here think they are over commercialized, (insert gripe here) what have you (that’s what the nay-sayers said in 2008).

So with all that said how will it play out? Who will top the medal count? And mote importantly what happens if Canada doesn’t win the gold in men’s ice hockey?

Lastly my money is on Wayne Gretzky lighting the Olympic cauldron tonight.

Warhammerman:

I don’t know much about the olympics. I just saw that they had to bring in snow because Vancouver hadn’t recieved any. Kind of funny considering it’s been snowing everywhere else.

BilboBaggins:

I usually go with the winter olympics, but I like Bobsleding, Luge and Skeleton.

Zanko:

The older I get the more get the Olympics uninteresting!

As well the summer games as the winter games … don’t no why?

So I don’t care who will win the most medals imo the guys who doped at best! :frowning:

:hashut

GRNDL:

Some say there is a curse that no Canadian has won a gold medal on Canadian soil, so I don’t hold out much hope, even for Hockey. That being said, Canadian psychics are predicting something like 28 golds for Canada. I’m not sure what to believe.

Kera foehunter:

Figure skating !!and hockey !!that a must watch !!

cornixt:

It’s just up the road from me, but the tickets are outrageously expensive and my passport needs to be renewed. I can’t even get live tv broadcasts, there is a two hour delay!

Willmark:

Heh they should have held it in Washington DC at least they got snow!

BilboBaggins:

They pick the sites 6-8 years in advance, to make sure all the amenities are in place. Philly has been hit hard with snow, but doesn’t have the luge/bobsled runs. Actually Philly would be a good choice for the Summer Olympics because of the known track and field and rowing events held annually.

Willmark:

They pick the sites 6-8 years in advance, to make sure all the amenities are in place. Philly has been hit hard with snow, but doesn't have the luge/bobsled runs. Actually Philly would be a good choice for the Summer Olympics because of the known track and field and rowing events held annually.

BilboBaggins
You mean they just dont throw this together like a wild kegger weekend???? x.x

BilboBaggins:

They pick the sites 6-8 years in advance, to make sure all the amenities are in place. Philly has been hit hard with snow, but doesn't have the luge/bobsled runs. Actually Philly would be a good choice for the Summer Olympics because of the known track and field and rowing events held annually.

BilboBaggins

Willmark
Sometimes I wish they would, it would make some of the events more interesting.

Curling while drunk.
Ice Dancers having to drink shots during routine.
Biathlon with exploding targets.

Kera foehunter:

there is only 2 word  Apolo Ohno

My god he hot !!!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I know the Vancouver Olympics came with a huge price tag. Just hope it all pays for itself and then some.

Canada already has gold! It’s called Molsen Canadian!

Border Reiver:

Willmark
Sometimes I wish they would, it would make some of the events more interesting.

Curling while drunk.
Ice Dancers having to drink shots during routine.
Biathlon with exploding targets.

BilboBaggins
Is there any other way to curl?

Although I think that we should avoid the "drunken Biathalon" event

Kera foehunter:

Back to the topic !!

Apolo Ohno is hot !!! and all the gold is gone in canada * burp *

BilboBaggins:

Although I think that we should avoid the "drunken Biathalon" event

Border Reiver
That's why I made that have exploding targets instead of drunken skiers/shooters. Maybe spin them about 10 times before they shoot. :D

Willmark:

Well a week in and at least its snowing out there now. I’m bummed as I’ve missed Skeleton each time its been on!

Willmark:

Holy Crap the USA beats Canada in the prelims by a score of 5-3!

Alric:

WoW , the USA hockey team looked on top of their game tonight , Miller is an awesome goalie. Who does USA play in the next round ?

Border Reiver:

don’t rub it in.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.