[Archive] Vulcanologist's Chaos Dwarf army project (Golden Hat Destroyer Entry!)

vulcanologist:

Better late than never here’s my updated blog with some pics of my Golden Hat entry. The standard this time was higher than ever. I was really pleased with my entry but the competition was just too good (either that or people just don’t like my style!?) Big congrats to all the winners just have to try even harder next time in search of that elusive medal!

tjub:

As I said before, I like the idea of giant black scorpions crawling the plains outside our city. Might have to try the concept myself in the future! :slight_smile:

vulcanologist:

Thanks Tjub! I meant to thank you before for praising my entry. I thought the idea of giant scorpions crawling round the desolation outside our cities was a pretty neat idea. Really glad you liked it as I’ve said before your trmendous work has inspired me more than any!

Alfract:

Brilliant work on the chain work

vulcanologist:

Thanks Alfract! Here’s how I made the chain:

1: roll sausage of green stuff then flatten it so you have a flat rectangle

2: nick the rectangle at regular spacings at equal distances on both sides

3: punch holes along the centre between the nicks

4: make another flat rectangle of green stuff slightly smaller than the 1st and lay it on top

5: press the 2nd layer into the 1st where the holes are and…voilà!

I hope that makes sense !?

Waste Rider:

This is stunning, I like how the freehand shield matches those horn bits and gives even more character to a model already oozing personality… very, very cool :smiley:

that guy:

thats really cool. This guy approves immensley

vulcanologist:

Thanks everyone!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

vulcanologist:

My blog has been very quiet lately sorry guys but over the course of this evening I will be uploading quite a few new pics. First up my Hobgoblin Sneaky Git …

vulcanologist:

A couple more pics…

vulcanologist:

Here’s my full unit of Sneaky Gitz. I’ve finished 10 of these evil little buggers just got to pimp up the bases and movement tray to match the rest of my army…

vulcanologist:

Well seeing as this is my 200th post i guess i’d better put up something a bit more special… My Iron Demon…

vulcanologist:

Warning!!! Loads more pics!!

Kyllingmannen:

Awesome paint job on both the gits and the Iron Daemon, and a stunning amount of details painted on the crew! :hat off

vulcanologist:

Cheers Kylling glad you like it!

Da Crusha:

great update! the hobgoblins and the iron deamon look great!

GRNDL:

Jobs a goodun! Your choice of red for the scale armour is getting me to rethink my colour scheme. It certainly pops on the crew of this beast, making them stand out from the machine itself. Very tempting.

vulcanologist:

pics of the crew…

vulcanologist:

Gosh! Extreme macro close-ups are brutal on your beloved paint jobs!!

vulcanologist: