[Archive] Warhammer Armies: Chaos Dwarfs (Revlid)

Blackforge:

Are these Canon? Can I use these for a Game at a GW Hobby Center?

Revlid:

Haha, I wish! :cheers

No, they’re not legal in any way, shape or form, but are thoroughly approved by people on the Internet. So, entirely opponent’s (and most likely staff’s) permission.

That said, if you want to have a go at playtesting, be my (very helpful) guest!

The most recent version is here.

Hobgobbler:

Nice list-I love the amount of depth youve gone into unit types and names, keep up the good work

My one suggestion would be to make hobgobblins cost more, right now they are around the same points value as regular goblins, but the hobgoblins are stronger and have better leadership

itcamefromthedeep:

No, goblins have the same leadership. Night goblins trade a point of leadership for initiative. The only advantage there is weapon skill.

Hobgobbler:

good point- i always think of hobgoblins as better allround then night goblins, but i havent played enought battles to know that for sure. I guess the point value is ok

Canix:

Thats a nice list takes alot of getting your head round but top marks

was that chariot photo a harlequin jetbike chariot looked very cool and evilly demonic:hat off

perhaps you could add BTz back but have to have overlord crew member cd to keep hobbos in check giving 3 crew but increased points to 40, between gobbo and dwarfy one.

It would be easier for everyone to add a cd crew member than have lots of unused BTz.

itcamefromthedeep:

There are no basic cannons, stonethrowers, bolthrowers, etc, to use the Upgrades on? Why is that a problem?

Revlid
---It seems a little inappropriate to use some of the upgrades on a death rocket (because, well, its a bunch of rockets with a platform, not a machine), which leaves the Doomblaster and the Earthshaker. The Hobbo bolt thrower should not be demonic, for what I hope are obvious reasons. The Doomblaster does exactly strike me as a weapon that can take advantage of a reroll of the scatter dice or a bonus to the strength of its hits, which really leaves the Earthshaker to take advantage of all the neat gubbins you have on the list. Your upgrades might as well be listed under the Earthshaker entry.
Why would 20 Marauders get in a fight with a Warmachine?
---Who cares? a Horde of troops should not be helpless before the might of a scary-looking toaster. If Marauders can kill a Greater Demon (its hard, but at least possible), they should be able to dismatle a friggin' cannon.
The best way to get rid of them is to use the usual anti-warmachine troops. ...All of these things can charge a Daemonic Warmachine relatively early, kill the crew (who rank up alongside it), and then flee or get killed,
---Great. I could summon a hundred skeletons in front of it and the best they can do it stand there and look dumb while they get chewed up? All things in this game must be killable, somehow, by your average dude. Besides, even a trio of Terradons will have trouble killing three Dwarf crew in heavy armor in one turn.
---For mixed unit, you might want to take advantage of the "monster with handlers" rules in the basic rule book.

itcamefromthedeep
The Mixed Unit rules come directly from the Hellcannon.

Revlid
---If you have the tools to do it better, why not? That's the idea behind redoing this army list, after all. The Hellcannon would most likely use those rules if it came out tomorrow.
That's one auto-wound inflicted upon wizards every game if you max out on warmachines (which takes 800 points minimum, and requires you take only Doomblasters and Earthshakers from Special and Rare), and aren't interrupted in your shooting.
---Average is an average, which means half the time it will be more, and half the time it will be less. When you run the risk of autokilling every Hero-level wizard on the field, you don't take that kind of chance. And if you were to play 6000pts? All I am asking for here is a range for that effect.
Cool fluff? It's just a platform or litter the Sorcerer is carried in by Temple Guard. :D
---Tha sound suspiciously like a certain other unit I can think of coughSlaancough.
-1 point for -1Ld seems fair enough to me.
---It's not. Particularly not when much of the time, it isn't even -1 Leadership (that's what the comment about the general was about).
---I like the Blunderbuss rule you have, probably because it is similar to the rule I used. Quick question: do the back ranks in your version give one extra shot or multiple shots? Make sure the wording is ironclad.

itcamefromthedeep
Well, they're already Multiple Shots, and don't count any modifiers, so why would it make a difference? :question:

Revlid
---For a five wide unit, that's the difference between 15 shots and 20. Is it two shots for the first rank plus one for the second, or one shot from the firs plus one for the the second, both multiplied by two?
It's basically a Banshee Scream based on Toughness with a chance to Misfire. Even using Mathshammer, the average wounds are the same at Short Range.
---Why does it autohit and autowound? The autohitting crowd is not one you want to add to. It includes Salamanders, Organ guns, the Anvil of Doom, Ratling Guns, and the recently departed Hellblaster. And it includes Banshees and the Casket of Souls. An autohitting War Machine is uncool (I'm sure you have heard all about the ones mentioned above) Banshees don't do all that much damage (at a far shorter range) and there is a way of stopping the Casket of Souls.