[Archive] Warhammer Quest and dreams of Hashut

Nicodemus:

Well we’ll give it a try in the on-topic hobby showcase for now until I move back to generic Warhammer Quest stuff again.

So, it was way back in post #100 in this thread that I listed my outline for my Chaos Dwarf-themed Warhammer Quest boards

Here’s the list I had from that post with the finished pieces striked-through:

4x4 Dungeon Rooms

Summoning Chamber

Treasure Vault - Gold, treasure chests, scrolls, etc.

The Heat Below

Hitching Post

Objective Rooms

Firechasm - Largely unchanged, but with a sturdier Dawi Zharr-constructed bridge and bronze runed pillar instead of a dragon statue

Daemonsmith’s Diabolic Forge

Temple of Hashut

Tomb Chamber - Using the Dread King’s Chamber from the Catacomb’s of Terror (which is 8x5 instead of the usual 6x4 size of the Objective Rooms), the pillars flanking the entry ramp will have petrified Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers/Sorcerer-Prophets atop them, leading to an altar with a cracked anvil.

Corridors

Corridor 1 - 2x6, painted in a dark marble pattern

Corridor 2 - probably similar to the above, with symbols carved into the floor

T-junction

Stairs - 2x6 stair section, probably with some decoration beneath the stairs, like buried slaves, pipes, etc.

Doorways

Doorway Design 1 - There will actually be 2-3 such doorways, which will use modified Minotaur heads above the archway instead of skulls.

Doorway Design 2 - Polished pillars, etched with flaming Dawi Zharr runes

Doorway Design 3 - Pillars with attached chains and the skeletal remains of a chained-up slave

Doorway Design 4 - Treasure vault entrance (similar look to design 1, but with coins and treasure spilling out a little)

Doorway Design 5 - Old style plastic Chaos Dwarf Warrior ‘statues’ guarding either side of the doorway

Doorway Design 6 - Entrance to the Temple of Hashut (using the classic Lammasu head over the doorway… I have several that I cast in resin from a few years ago)

Doorway Design 7 - Diabolic forge entrance with smoke stacks, pipes

I guess to this list I could also add:

Corridors

Corridor Corner - Fractured Passage

Objective Rooms

Slave Pit - Fighting Pit variant

So, it’s getting much closer! Here’s the Summoning Room:

4x4 Daemon Binding / Summoning Dungeon Room - Complete

~N