[Archive] WarplockMonkey's Gallery

Father Grumpmas:

I love the Fat Skink - great work all around but the skink is super nice!

Grongi Blackbeard:

wow, just wow. i love all this stuff. the sauruses are great and i think the standard is really origial. when will you paint them?

Kera foehunter:

Great lizard army i also like the fat skink

WarplockMonkey:

wow, just wow. i love all this stuff. the sauruses are great and i think the standard is really origial. when will you paint them?

Grongi Blackbeard
Well, i was thinking of getting an entire unit of ten done first....and i still have 5 more regular saurus ( or would the plural be sauri? :P) to do, but the priority is my GH#5 entry....i have SO little sculpting time at the moment.....

WarplockMonkey:

Wow…I cannae believe i han’t posted here for a whole MONTH!! I had to literally mine to find this topic in here! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well you know, things have been getting built up, GCSEs (for people not from the UK, they are basically tests when you are 16 that give you the qualifications for adult life) and coursework and such, so i’ve had very little warhammer time…

HOWEVER (dum dum duuuuum!), for the past week i have been stuck in a caravan, in a rainy, sodden feild, with only my warhammer stuff to keep me entertained…soooo i have a few little things to share with ya’ll

Well…only one at the moment, as the other has to be kept under wraps for GH, so i give you my precious…

THIS is what a kroxigor SHOULD look like!

As i forgot to takethe pic with a model to scale, a GW kroxigor is about below it’s pectoral, if that…

Sorry i wasnt able to take any more un-painted pics, im just working on the paintwork as I type (i’m actually posting this while it’s drying) so you will have updates as soon as i can do them!

Comments?

-Warplock

Willmark:

GRNDL:

As usual, great work Warplock.

My crits might be just that its not quite finished? The hammer seems like its halfway done. The scales and details on the head are awesome, but shouldn’t there be some more pokey teeth in there? Also, minor crit, the stones on the base seem rather undefined compared to the awesomeness of the rest of the model.

Man, all this lizardmen attention… Its too inspiring. I’m going to go into a warp spasm over not being able to keep up…! Golden Hat, Lizardmen, Fishmen, Chaos Dwarves… GAAHHH!!

Edit: after looking at the pic again, I think the pose can be strengthened a bit by having him lead with one foot. With having both feet side by side, he looks a bit unstable, IMHO. A minor suggestion I suppose and probably too far in the game to do, but there you go. :slight_smile:

Merchant:

THIS is what a kroxigor SHOULD look like!
Comments?
-Warplock

WarplockMonkey
Yeah thats right, GW's Kroxigors' are poor and not so big and evil looking as the old ones (for an example)

Keep them coming :)

aki:

Very cool Kroxigor, keep em coming :wink:

Xander:

Totally sweet, I loved the old Krox model, but the new ones they made are awful. This guy is an awesome throw-back to the old style. Looks very sweet!

WarplockMonkey:

I loved the old Krox model, but the new ones they made are awful

Xander
I totally agree with you, the old krox were awsome!

I think if GW had made the new krox bigger, they would be just as good. I like the actual style of the models, they are just far too small.

So with this i have sort of gone half and half, i've combined the general body type and weapon of 5th edition kroxigor, with the head and scales of the 6th edition, best of both worlds!

Unfortuneatly, i couldn't make any modifications to the model, because i had already started painting when i posted the pics, just about finished now, will probably have pics up tomorrow!

Stay tuned space fans!

-Warplock

P.S: Xander did you get my GH entry?

turquois dwarf:

my favourite kroxigor used to be the bloodbowl one but this one is much better

WarplockMonkey:

Well guys, heres my krox painted!

Also…today I showed it and my scratch built slann to the guys who work at my local GW, and they were so impressed that they took pics and are gonna show them to the Head Office in Nottingham! :o

Hows THAT for a result?!?!?!

1 Like

Kera foehunter:

that is so cool warplock.

Xander:

Well done! :slight_smile:

GRNDL:

Pretty damn good. Of course, you know what this means Warplock…

It means that now I have to embark on yet another project!!

Damn this inspiration! Damn you Warplockmonkey, inspiration monger of Wetwang!!! :o

/curses

* <— insert wave fist emoticon here!

WarplockMonkey:

GRNDL: Mwhahahahaha, now it is YOUR turn to fist wave! :slight_smile:

Anywho, i have another lil’ thing to show ya’ll

For all those who haven’t collected lizardmen, there is a magic item for skinks called ‘Cloak of Feathers’, which enables the wearer to fly. The technical term for a skink with this item is FSOD (Flying Skink Of Doom). GW have already made a model for it, but i have never liked it, it always seemed too static…

SO, i decided to make my own, the promise of a flying skink was too much to pass up :stuck_out_tongue:

So i give you Itzi-Tepa, Skink Priest and FSOD…

Trust me, the model looks alot lot better in real life…man those pics are crap…

Waddya think?

Ghrask Dragh:

This stuff is just great man, that krox’ looks amazing all painted up!!

:cheers

Flying Skinks of Doom ftw!!

Grongi Blackbeard:

woooow! this stuff makes me want to resume my lizardmen project so badly!! :cheers for warplock awesome stuff!

GRNDL:

:hat off

Yep, grats on the FSOD, it is very nice! Great idea in the posing and the base really works well with it. I am jealous for sure. It is a very nice conversion. But you know what that means, Warplock - I will eventually try to copy the conversion. :wink:

Seriously though, I’d like some insight on the sculpting behind that on. The feathers are very nice. Were they sculpted on an armature, or freestyle? Were they done one side at a time? When I’ve done fins and similar structures I’ve used wire as a base, then sculpted a curtain between them, then shaped the putty on one side and then the other. While this works, it often comes out much thicker than I’d like. Your feathers here seem thin, so I’d like to know how you went about it.

Rival Krox is already in the works. :slight_smile: