[Archive] WarplockMonkey's Gallery

WarplockMonkey:

Well my friends, heres is my slann, all painted and shiney like!

Comments?

- Warplock

bandnerd1892:

Looks great Warplock! Keep up the good work! Do you have any shots of the back of that Slaan?

nerd :stuck_out_tongue:

Obsidian:

Very nice, like it a lot!

AGPO:

Top work, are you gonna build palaquins for the two of them? You’d better have a lot of lizards, two Slaans is uber-beardy

WarplockMonkey:

Ahhhh im not sure if im upto the palanquin…to many straight lines shudder

I think the plan is that ill buy a metal palanquin dead cheap off E-Bay, and convert it a bit

I made this guy, who i have christened Hepoq-Tan, smaller than the big guy so that he would fit easier into a GW palanquin, the other ones a bit too beefy to fit :~

I plan to do quite a bit of conversion work on the ‘magic chair’, with a few grizzly bits and a huge stegadon skull on the back of the chair. I’ve made him to be a 5th generation slann, who are alot more aggressive than their mostly medatating older siblings, so to syumbolise iv given him a dark red colour, the fireball and the grizzly tropheys on the palanquin

Any more ideas?

Pyro Stick:

That has to be one of the coolest looking lizardmen i have ever seen.

AGPO:

Ahhhh im not sure if im upto the palanquin...to many straight lines *shudder*

WarplockMonkey
Sounds like you've got some awesome ideas, but I daresay scratchbuilding a palanquin wouldn't be too hard actually. Just use plasticard for the frame and add GS details. It's wierd you find straight lines difficult, as I can do straight lines but can't get a curved surface to look the way I want for love nor money.

How come the guy isn't gonna buy the herald? Its a sucky thing to do when you've gone to the trouble of making it

furrie:

the slanns looking good

WarplockMonkey:

Sounds like you've got some awesome ideas, but I daresay scratchbuilding a palanquin wouldn't be too hard actually. Just use plasticard for the frame and add GS details. It's wierd you find straight lines difficult, as I can do straight lines but can't get a curved surface to look the way I want for love nor money.

How come the guy isn't gonna buy the herald? Its a sucky thing to do when you've gone to the trouble of making it

AGPO
I have actually tried making one before....but it didn't go too good...like i said i can't do straight lines at all, i spent AGES trying to make the gold mask level!

I'm sure one day i'll have another crack at it...but for now ill go with the easy option! :P
You'd better have a lot of lizards, two Slaans is uber-beardy  

AGPO
Well...the thing is.....i dont actually have an army, or have the intention to make one...

I really dislike doing large batches of models, and, knowing me, the job would be made alot lot more harder 'cause i would wanto convert every model :P

I only really made it because i had the sudden urge to make something lizardmen-like, as yo hardly ever see converted/sculpted lizzies on the net. Also i have never liked the GW model, and my first slann was too beefy to fit in the palanquin, so i thought i would do a dramatic one! Plus i wanted to try out the lighting effect.
That has to be one of the coolest looking lizardmen i have ever seen.

Pyro Stick
Now THATS a compliment! :cheers

Steven:

Beautiful model! That model you put together almost makes me want to play Lizards. :smiley: Excellent paint job as well! Nice job!

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

superb have you thought about a stegadon

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Wow, that’s cool!

I’m not sure about the lightning salad he’s toting ^^ - but the metal of the mask is definitely one of the best paintjobs I have seen in a long time. It has depth, patina, everything. My hat goes off to you, Sir! :hat off

Kera foehunter:

Wow !!!that’s a great paint job !!!

WarplockMonkey:

the metal of the mask is definitely one of the best paintjobs I have seen in a long time. It has depth, patina, everything. My hat goes off to you, Sir! :cheers

Ishkur Cinderhat
Oh Ishkur....you have me all a flush!

That Sir is a comment indeed!

Thankyou ALL for your positive comments! It is support like this which encourages me to carry on!

Next up, GHVI :cheers

AGPO:

Well...the thing is.....i dont actually have an army, or have the intention to make one...

I really dislike doing large batches of models, and, knowing me, the job would be made alot lot more harder 'cause i would wanto convert every model

Warplock Monkey
I feel your pain. I individually converted over 130 chaos warriors (mostly the old ones) for my chaos army as I can't stand replica minis but I can't raise the morale to completely paint them all. Even now I'm eyeing my fully painted plaguebearers and thinking that if I stripped them and hacked 'em up I could make them look unique. Its a curse and your approach is undoubtedly the best.

If its individual models you like, you could make a killing sculpting custom heralds and never breach copyright because daemons are such open territory.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

[size=xx-large]why can’t i be as good as you!!! :mad[/size]

WarplockMonkey:

An update people!

A converted palanquin for my slann (would the plural for ‘slann’ be ‘slann’? like ‘fish’ and ‘fish’?)

And a sneak peak of my GHIV entry :wink:

- Warplock

Kera foehunter:

Nice chaos dwarf. C.D. chicks like chaos dwarfs with scars!!!

furrie:

nice chair

Fridericus_Rex:

Oh damn nice Cd !And realy nice litter!