[Archive] What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD Immortals?

Borador:

My idea was to buy 20 ironbreakers (including command), and then use my Dremel ( I love that tool ^^) to grind down all the dwarfish runes and their normal beards.

Then I would make those high CD hats and put those on instead of their normal helmets, replace the chest plate armour with scale, do the beards, and change their shields for chaos marauder shields.

please say so if you got any tips for a better design, because I’m not quite happy with it yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Well it sounds good but hows about you make them immortals 'cos thats a hell of alot of ironbreakers you’ll have to buy

cornixt:

I’ve done a couple myself. beware that some runes are very awkward to reach, so you’ll have to greenstuff over the runes or adjust them.

Kera foehunter:

i would use diffrent shield than the iron breakers shields!!!

round chaos marauders would be perfect for the iron breaker shields

they even have chaos symbol on them too

i use chaos warrior axes head to get ride of the hammers

i also change only the round helmet guys the other would pass as cd tall hats

snowblizz:

I’m sort of doing that ATM (among thousands of other things).

I’m leaving the beard and armour alone though, I ain’t that good with greenstuff and don’t have the tools to do major cutting work.

Chaos axes is the thing to take I’d say.

Merchant:

Well first of all, I think the idea is good - I was about to do it myself. But I let the idea die, because of too much “cut-down-work” to do on such little figure. But friend, if you can make it happen - Then do it, and do it now :slight_smile:

Cheers Merchant :cheers

Borador:

thanks for your idea’s ^^ I also thought about changing the round helms in high CD hats, and replacing the hammers, but I didn’t know with what :stuck_out_tongue:

I also got a question, though it sounds stupid: How do you mean immortals Godbob?

Borador:

I've done a couple myself. beware that some runes are very awkward to reach, so you'll have to greenstuff over the runes or adjust them.

cornixt
Ty for the tip ^^

Borador:

here’s my hand drawn sketch :stuck_out_tongue: it at least looks better then the thing i made the other day

snowblizz:

I also got a question, though it sounds stupid: How do you mean immortals Godbob?

Borador
I would hazard the guess that he means use them for elites, the in fluff mentioned Immortals that have neither rules or miniatures, and not for *all* Chaos Dwarfs in the army as that would be fairly expensive and time consuming. What with all the metal.

Borador:

I just like metal miniatures :stuck_out_tongue:

But, snowblizz, waht you are saying is that Immortals still need rules? Or they just don’t have them?

I also wasnt planning on using only metal models for warriors in my entire army, just 1 group

snowblizz:

I just like metal miniatures :P
But, snowblizz, waht you are saying is that Immortals still need rules? Or they just don't have them?
I also wasnt planning on using only metal models for warriors in my entire army, just 1 group

Borador
The CD armylist has no Immortals. At least not yet, it is just a unit that was mentioned in a Dwarf novel where they fought a bit against Chaos Dwarfs. Everyone just expects that if there ever is a re-write they'd include some Immortals as elite infantry for the CDs.

two_heads_talking:

Borador, why not buy one, or trade for one, or whatever, give it a once over with the dremel, and do some conversion work, and then, take a picture and post it up? It sounds like a great idea, but this way, if it doesn’t look right, you didn’t waste money on a crapload of miniatures…

Borador:

Borador, why not buy one, or trade for one, or whatever, give it a once over with the dremel, and do some conversion work, and then, take a picture and post it up? It sounds like a great idea, but this way, if it doesn't look right, you didn't waste money on a crapload of miniatures..

two_heads_talking
ye that's true, only problem is I don't have the time for it at the moment and I'm already working on other convertions for my Dwarf army. But I'll try if I have some time left.
The CD armylist has no Immortals. At least not yet, it is just a unit that was mentioned in a Dwarf novel where they fought a bit against Chaos Dwarfs. Everyone just expects that if there ever is a re-write they'd include some Immortals as elite infantry for the CDs.

snowblizz
Ok, thanks, BTW mabye using the Hammerers or Ironbreaker rules and rewrite those would make some good elites?

Thommy H:

They look pretty good even without any converting:

Borador:

They look pretty good even without any converting:

Thommy H
some nice CD's you got there

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Borador
Yes I ment an elite unit as IB are more heavly armoured and look more inportant

As for rules I thought they had rules or am I thinking of another unit?

Borador:

Yes I ment an elite unit as IB are more heavly armoured and look more inportant

As for rules I thought they had rules or am I thinking of another unit?

Godbob and his jolly rogers
Well snoblizz said:

[qoute=snowblizz]

Thommy H:

No, there are no rules for Immortals. Not officially anyway - there’s some fan-made rules you can find on this very forum (including some I wrote for the models you see above) and I have a sneaking suspicion that a future issue of Word of Hashut may feature an appearance from this elite formation of Chaos Dwarfs…

Borador:

No, there are no rules for Immortals. Not officially anyway - there's some fan-made rules you can find on this very forum (including some I wrote for the models you see above) and I have a sneaking suspicion that a future issue of Word of Hashut may feature an appearance from this elite formation of Chaos Dwarfs...

Thommy H
Can you link the rules? Because I havn't found them :(