[Archive] What do you think about converting ironbreakers to CD Immortals?

Thommy H:

My Immortals rules.

This isn’t exactly how I’d do them now, but I’m holding off revamping these rules for the aforementioned WoH article, should it go ahead.

Willmark:

No, there are no rules for Immortals. Not officially anyway - there's some fan-made rules you can find on this very forum (including some I wrote for the models you see above) and I have a sneaking suspicion that a future issue of Word of Hashut may feature an appearance from this elite formation of Chaos Dwarfs...

Thommy H
;)

Hashut’s Blessing:

Immortals were mentioned ONLY in Grudgebearer and aren’t even considered official in terms of being in fluff as a result. They have no models, no rules and there’s been no hints as to them being included in the list.

A lot of people like to think they will be though.

I would say, if you’re only going to keep the bottom half the same, then why bother? It’d surely be easier to sculpt from scratch or use cheaper models (such as a box of warriors). It sounds good and the sketch looks good, but you’re dremelling away almsot EVERYTHING of the original model which means it’s almost pointless in buying the model to begin with. Thusly, I’d sugggest simply removing the beards (if you really want) and all of the insignia. Add the hat onto the original heads/helmets otherwise you’ll have to sculpt a hwole new head. Maybe do some simple weapon swaps and by using marauder shields, you’ll de-dwarfify them :wink: Keep it a lot more simple and it’ll be more worthwhile.

Thommy H:

Yeah, mine just have weapon swaps (so they all have axes) and blank shields, except the command group who have old Chaos Warrior shields. I don’t think having runes on stuff is a big deal, btw - Chaos Dwarfs seem to speak the same language as western Dwarfs (judging by the place names they use), so probably use the same runic alphabet.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I was more meaning the dwarf faces, which, personally, aren’t the right style for CDs. With my Rykarth model, (who in fluff for the Nemesis Crown, I said was head of the Immortals) I simply switched the musician’s head for the champion’s head (which is a mini big hat sort of) and switched the weapon for a triple axe I made from the dwarf sprue. My avatar is the result. I also did a beard and hair swap as can be vaguely seen. It’s not a major conversion, but definitely gives it a new look.

Borador:

Immortals were mentioned ONLY in Grudgebearer and aren't even considered official in terms of being in fluff as a result. They have no models, no rules and there's been no hints as to them being included in the list.

A lot of people like to think they will be though.

I would say, if you're only going to keep the bottom half the same, then why bother? It'd surely be easier to sculpt from scratch or use cheaper models (such as a box of warriors). It sounds good and the sketch looks good, but you're dremelling away almsot EVERYTHING of the original model which means it's almost pointless in buying the model to begin with. Thusly, I'd sugggest simply removing the beards (if you really want) and all of the insignia. Add the hat onto the original heads/helmets otherwise you'll have to sculpt a hwole new head. Maybe do some simple weapon swaps and by using marauder shields, you'll de-dwarfify them ;) Keep it a lot more simple and it'll be more worthwhile.

Hashut's Blessing
Well, I'm not dremeling away the entire faces, I just build hats on top :P and what you are saying is actually what i was wanting to do :P I chose ironbreakers, for they are all kind of looking the same, so you have more of an idea they are immortal, and that if they die, it looks like they havn't ( that was a technique the Romans used on their horseriders :P) I also think I won't do the scales, but I will do the beards, else they don't seem real CD-ish to me. I think I'll start tomorrow, since I got the day off :P

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think I simply found the scales to be adding too much work to it and I misread the face-dremelling :wink: Now they sound far more plausible :stuck_out_tongue: If ya found it too much work, simply don’t bother giving them hats.

Borador:

I think I simply found the scales to be adding too much work to it and I misread the face-dremelling ;) Now they sound far more plausible :P If ya found it too much work, simply don't bother giving them hats.

Hashut's Blessing
I want to give them big hats :P the big hats look way cooler, but I was thinking about mabye using a chaos marauder spauldron with a skull on it, adjusting it and then mold it and recreate them so I can use it as for a mask ^^

Borador:

I started on my first ironbreaker yesterday, I already trimmed down the beard an all the icons ( the beards are really stinky ) but I just noticed I ran out off greenstuff :open_mouth: so gotta buy that monday, because my local retailer doesn’t have a lot of warhammer anymore, he has no blisters and no GS!!! :open_mouth: I’ll post some pictures when its GSed

Borador:

My latest idea is to buy a beastman minotaur, take his head, adjust it, ad some lil’ nails from GS on the back of it and use it as a banner (top piece)

how about that?

Hashut’s Blessing:

If you plan to do that, try and buy it as a bit from somewhere, unless you have plans for the body elsewhere. (Don;t want ya wasting all that money :wink: ) But it definitely sounds good to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Borador:

The minotaur head is probably to heavy, so I already made another skull ( from the chaos marauder box, took the icon with the skull in the middle, copped everything of and added horns to it ) and I’m gonna use a banner from the marauders box ( first I’ll make the bannerpole longer ) and then add the skull on top :stuck_out_tongue: but i’ll still try to find the minotaur head, because those look evil :slight_smile:

BTW 1,39 dollar is 1 euro or something at the moment, so it’s real cheap for me to buy things now ( also at the GW online store, since 1 pound almost is equal to 1 euro ^^)