[Archive] What video game console is better?

Henroth:

What video game console is better for you ?

The Wii ? :~

PlayStation 3 ?

XBOX 360 ?

Better play with a PC ?

Gar Shadowfame:

dont forget about laptop, and mac

m3lvin:

Retro FTW!

I play;

Atari,

Commandore 64,

Nintendo Entertainment System,

Sega Megadrive,

Sega Saturn,

Super Nintendo,

Playstation,

Nintendo 64,

GAMEBOY (ever kind you can think of)

Nintendo Gamecube,

and computer.

+ a bunch I probably forgot. :cheers

ps: (voted for “another”)

/melv

nitroglysarine:

in the beginning of awesome there was the N64, now there is the XBOX360.

that is all.

Thorne:

Well I did own the Sega master system, Then I graduated to the super nintendo. After the Super nintendo wiht the supervision (game boy wannabee but quite playable) and a game boy in the classic grey and red buttons I moved over to the playstation followed by the playstation 2 with the neo geo pocket which was a great little console but not widely supported but currently we have the Xbox 360 and the Wii and out of the plethora I must say I loved my super nintendo more than any other console I have ever had. But out of the current crop I love my 360.

Baggronor:

PS3 is my favourite, but I do have a 360 just for a couple of the exclusive games.

Hashut’s Blessing:

In my time, I have played the Amiga, all of the Gameboys, the Gamecube, the Dreamcast, the N64, the Xbox, the Xbox360, the PS, the PSOne, the PS2, the PS3, PC, Mac (once), Nintendo DS, PSP and likely one or two others.

However, I only play PS2, PC, DS and Xbox360 nowadays.

Gar Shadowfame: unless you mean a Linux/Mac laptop, then it would fall under PC :wink: Otherwise, I think it’d fall under other :wink:

At first, I HATED the Xbox360 and didn’t see what was so great about it compared to the PS2. There were a few games that appeared on it that didn’t on the PS2 that were ones I wanted to play and then the PS3 came out and PS2 games have nearly stopped being made altogether. I hate the PS3, but for some reason, the achievements system on the Xbox360 really enticed me to keep playing it over the PS2, combined with the new games.

Pyro Stick:

Favourite console is the Xbox 360 because it has the best selection of games and is much better value than the PS3. The Wii used to be worth getting when it came out because loads of awesome games came out for it but now there is nothing worth playing, apart from Tales of Symphonia 2 which came out a few days ago but im too poor to buy eventhough ive been waiting for it for 2 years or more…

The PC isnt really a games console. Its got an advantage over all the others since most of the best game eventually come out on PC and you can customise your PC to be 10 times better than an xbox 360 or PS3.

Baggronor:

it has the best selection of games and is much better value than the PS3.
The slimmed PS3 is much better value than it used to be. But 360 does have some very nice exclusive titles, yeah.

Pyro Stick:

The slimmed PS3 is much better value than it used to be.

Baggronor
It still looks like a kitchen appliance though

Baggronor:

What!? :) At least it doesn't make a sound like a jet engine, my 360 is so noisy.

Pyro Stick:

What!? :) At least it doesn't make a sound like a jet engine, my 360 is so noisy.

Baggronor

Do you have an old xbox 360? Mine doesnt seem to be that noisy. My computer makes more noise. I feel like we have had this discussion before...

Baggronor:

I think so too lol :slight_smile:

It makes a lot of noise, very off-putting while playing stealth games. Its only about 4 months old. Works fine, just loud.

Willmark:

Problem is they use PPC chips… PPC are great for what they do but run EXTREMELY hot, hence the fans an heat sinks

AGPO:

360 for me, although I prefered the PS2 to the xbox.

On a related note, how awesome is the new Call of Duty game!? Our student house have two 360s set up and have some truly epic CofD tournaments going now!

Loki:

I have to say 360 but before i got that it was the ps2 , @ AGPO the new modern warfare is awesome, great game play amazing graphics and a load of great weapons :slight_smile:

Warhammerman:

360 is the best if you play shooting games and 1st person shooters. But, PS3 has all those other goodies.

Old Painless:

I’ve had Atari 2600, Mega Drive, N64, GameCube, Wii, DS, DSlite and DSi. If it has Zelda its good in my books. I also think Wii is the best for first person shooters (after PC) though good ones are few and far between. I can no longer play FPS on a regular console, it just seems wrong.

Willmark:

Wii here, Zelda is always pimp.

centauro enano:

I keep good times in many consoles, but I think the xbox 360 is the best, in my personal opinion. :cheers :cheers