[Archive] WHFRP **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Hashut’s Blessing:

Howdy guys and gals! I was curious as to how many people play Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying? Specifically 2nd edition…

I have plans undeerway to create campaigns/sessions/character generation charts/classes/equipment/lores of magic/background info and such like for a Chaos Dwarf themed WHFRP and wondered what the interest would be like.

nitroglysarine:

I played 1ed a few years back, was quite good fun.

It was a mordheim setting.

silentbob27:

I have been running a weekly 2nd ed WHFRP campaign for the past 3 years. Love it. I think it would be cool to see a CD themed supplement

Hashut’s Blessing:

nitro: I think if I do a 2nd edition one, you can make a few minor modifications to make it fit into 1st edition (if I knew the stat, I could do a conversion section for between the two :wink: ).

silentbob27: Glad to hear ya like the thought of it. I may as well give it a go since even one person wants it :smiley:

Just hoping I can make it look as professional as Thommy H’s CD army book looks.

Shakhorth:

I’m intrested in any CD work especially in Warhammer rpg.

Been running a game sinds 1st edition and now moved on in into the 2nd edition.

snowblizz:

Just hoping I can make it look as professional as Thommy H's CD army book looks.

Hashut's Blessing
I have one of the source(?) books, got it as gift, the Tome of Corruption and it contains a bunch of pretty unsightly glitches. So your odds are good I think.

BTW it contains a couple of paragraphs on Chaos Dwarfs, 3 pages in all.

Hashut’s Blessing:

snowblizz: I already know about Tome of Corruption, thanks :smiley: Was partly where a lot of thoughts about information would stem from. However, I’ve been unable to get hold of an affordable copy for quite some time. There’s also a lot of information/stats in the Old World Bestiary, which I do have.

Shakhorth: Well, feel free to use it when I’m done :wink:

snowblizz:

snowblizz: I already know about Tome of Corruption, thanks :D Was partly where a lot of thoughts about information would stem from. However, I've been unable to get hold of an affordable copy for quite some time. There's also a lot of information/stats in the Old World Bestiary, which I do have.

Hashut's Blessing
I happened to be re-reading the book and had just gone through that section when I saw this so thought I'd mention.

If you want I could do a write up of the salient points of what there is.
Shouldn't be too much. And if it is, PM me and I'll figure something out...

Shakhorth:

Hashut’s Blessing: I have all the warhammer rpg books from 2nd edition on pdf. So if you’d like, open a dropbox account and I’ll share the lot. Just send me a PM.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Unfortunately, Shakhorth, I can’t endorse filesharing of publications due to legal problems, but thank you for the offer.

Shakhorth:

Np I understand, sorry for stepping on any toes.

And good luck with your project, can’t wait to read it.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Not a problem, just gotta be clear. Don’t wanna get in trouble :wink: However, you may be a point of reference to help on said project.

As a matter of course, anyone that fancies helping out or pitching thoughts/ideas/comments, feel free to do so - after all, it’s for you, so may as well be what you want :wink: (Names will also be mentioned.)

nitroglysarine:

I’ve going to update myself with the current version of the rules, I just hope the flavour hasn’t changed to much.

*current = 2nd ed in my brain!

Hashut’s Blessing:

From what I can tell, 2nd edition is very similar to third, but a bit more streamlined and with three or four stats pushed into a single stat. 3rd edition is where things went a completely different direction and priced most people out.

Nicodemus:

I’m pro anything Chaos Dwarf… and some WHFRP stuff would be cool for sure.

I’m very curious about WHFRP, but roleplaying games take too much time these days…

… that and the Fantasy Flight stuff seems like it would be a huge money sink if I ever wanted to get started.

~N

Shakhorth:

Well I own all versions of warhammer RPG and all of 'em got their own personal charm.

To me the 1st edition still speaks more to the gothic aspect of the warhammer world. But the 2nd edition system is just better balanced (magic comes to mind). While the 3rd has a very nice combo system for physical fighter classes.

Ancient History:

I like WFRP. I did a bunch of fanrules for runes back in the day. 1st Ed. is a bit of a joy for its old-school flavor, but 2nd Ed. just had some of the most beautiful books. The Old World Bestiary is just a joy.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I’m having trouble forming a Dwarf Army though. Not enough little people!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Nico: I agree that the FF stuff seems to be such a huge sink to fix a problem that wasn’t broken in any way. Potential to start up a Skype campaign? A story for another time, when this is all made up ^^

Shakhoth: I came in too late for 1st edition and can’t be bothered to dish out the dough for 3rd, lol :smiley:

Ancient History: May be something I look at to include, although more likely to be transferred into daemon-binding and there are offical rune rules already.

Tarrakk Blackhand: Something I may be able to address after this endeavour :wink:

Willmark:

WFRP rocked! I played it a ton back in the day, despite some of the rules loopholes (naked dwarf syndrome anyone?) 2nd fixed a lot of the nibbling little bits from 1st.

3rd edition looks like a non-starter for me.

Good luck HB, let us know how it goes.