[Archive] WHFRP **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thanks for the kick-start, Willmark.

As it happens, I’ve had a job interview, a training course interview/assessment, 6 auditions and 5 days of filming since last Monday, thusly being quite swamped. Lots of travelling involved (since I have to get a bus to get the bus to get to the city and then get the bus/train to wherever from there - often two!), but I stupidly could’ve been working on this stuff then (although reading on a bus

Hashut’s Blessing:

Apologies for the double-post, but this is kind of a blog on my progress. Well, I have begun some of the starting work for the three main races involved: Generation for Chaos Dwarf characters, Hobgoblin characters and even Bull Centaur characters! On top of that, I have a rough draft of the random selection for Starting Careers, dropping a couple and adding a few of my own (as well as renaming some, but will make it very clear as to what is what) - not yet revealed. I also have plans to create some background info on each career, using the originals as a basis, but making them fit our natures.

I have decided to create a new set of trappings dependant upon each race as well and each of the new careers I have made is geared towards each of the races. They’re still WiP and so I won’t release anything just yet, but I will ask for opinions once I’m done creating them to tweak them into fairness/unbroken states :smiley:

Nicodemus:

Sounds awesome!! Is there anything in place at the moment for having ‘slaves’ or servants in the normal WHFRP rules? I realize a lot of it can be done ad hoc, but formalizing it with either rules and/or notes would help the Chaos Dwarf characters and help keep players mindful of it…

Any thoughts on ‘gifts’ from Hashut, such as tusks, horns, hooves, etc?

~N

Khaosbeardling:

Interested to see how this goes. My friend has the old WHFRP rules and I’ve always wanted to pick up the new one but the price makes me hesitate every time I think on it.

Ancient History:

Sounds awesome!! Is there anything in place at the moment for having 'slaves' or servants in the normal WHFRP rules?  I realize a lot of it can be done ad hoc, but formalizing it with either rules and/or notes would help the Chaos Dwarf characters and help keep players mindful of it...

Any thoughts on 'gifts' from Hashut, such as tusks, horns, hooves, etc?

~N

Nicodemus
There's a Slave career, in the Skaven book.

Hashut’s Blessing:

There’s also a set of minions to hire in the Old World Armoury book (can use manservant for example). However, since you can generate a Hobgoblin character anyway, you then select an appropriate career (as you don’t HAVE to randomise) and away ya go! If you want it to be semi-PC (I.E. Not your main character), simply use average stats and have no FP. As for signs if Hashut, there are various ways of doing this - the Distinguishing Marks section, Tzeentch’s Curse section, Mutations, Appearance Generation, choice, etc :wink: I may change things a bit so that instead of a small chance of Mutation (I drastically reduced it), there’s a high chance of getting something appropriately Chaos Dwarfy.

Khaosbeardling: To my knowledge, it’s just a more expensive, less impressive version of the rest. Try to get 2nd edition as people have said it’s better streamlined than the first, but more enjoyable/customisable than the third.

Ancient History: I shall look into that as a basis for converting into greenskin (maybe any race) specific. Thanks :smiley:

Lastly, I was debating including Goblins (of various kinds, in the same way as elf generation can be geared to various kinds) and even Orcs, but settled for Hobgoblins only right now. At least until I have the basics sorted.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, I had scans of all of my books on my laptop so that I didn’t need to store them here. Alas, the whole laptop viurs then restoring to factory settings incident has set me back. I still have notes and such like, but I no longer have my research material. May still post some of my workings up later today though.

P.S. Anyone got any thoughts for single sessions or for a campaign?

Willmark:

Interested to see how this goes.  My friend has the old WHFRP rules and I've always wanted to pick up the new one but the price makes me hesitate every time I think on it.

Khaosbeardling
2nd edition fixes all the problems of first TBQH.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Simplifies the statline a bit, as far as I know it streamlined some things. Howeverm you can use a lot of the first edition stuff in 2nd edition (just a little work interpreting rules and changing some stats) and vice versa. I 'll be designing this supplement with second in mind, but no reason why you couldn’t use it in first. With some help from a first editioner, I could even give a small PDF for converting the rules into 1st ed ones.

Willmark:

I have most of the 2e books and using the 1st edition stuff will work just fine.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I will get back to work on this properly tomorrow since my girlfriend will be back at work.

G.2:

With all this talk of WHFRP, I have dusted off my old copy and I am enjoying a good read. Other than that, I don’t have much else to contribute.

Hashut’s Blessing:

No need to contribute unless you want to. The main contributions that I could do with are either information, settings, artwork (unnecessary at this stage though) and ideas for sessions and campaigns.

Once I’ve got some work up, constructive (purely constructive) criticism will be entirely necessary :smiley: Glad that we got ya looking at the game again though!

G.2:

Once I've got some work up, constructive (purely constructive) criticism will be entirely necessary :D

Hashut's Blessing
Well in that case, I look forward to giving you some constructive criticism.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Got the first draft of generating characters written up, just need to type it up. A little preview may crop up in the newest CDR show too!

Willmark:

Interestingly enough my thoughts have been turning to this as of late as well. Once I finish my current 2e AD&D campaign I might run a WFRP game, 2nd edition 'natch.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, if you can use any of my stuff, feel free to playtest it, lol. Unfortunately, my laptop got another virus, so not been about for a few days. It was the same night that I typed everything up and thought I’d have to do it all again, lol. Anyway, will probably post it up tomorrow.

Willmark:

For me I’m thinking of a world that is not the Old World. I know of no one else who has done this. In D&D people create their own worlds left, right and center. No so much for WFRP.

Could be interesting as to the best of my knowledge no one has done it. Chaos dwarfs will be in the mix as Black Dwarfs I think :wink:

snowblizz:

For me I'm thinking of a world that is not the Old World. I know of no one else who has done this. In D&D people create their own worlds left, right and center. No so much for WFRP.

Could be interesting as to the best of my knowledge no one has done it. Chaos dwarfs will be in the mix as Black Dwarfs I think ;)

Willmark
The difference is I guess that D&D is a system of rules to apply and WHRP is really a way of life!;P

The only reason to WHRP is to do it in the WH world right?

Willmark:

Maybe for some if you want to intentionally limit yourself.

The fluff back in the day was vastly different then it is now. WFRP didn’t match up either with FB. Bretonnia is a perfect example of prior, a disease filled pseudo three musketeers version. Compare that to the Arthurian inspired land it is now.

Now I don’t care one way or the other. I’m mainly looking for a more open sandbox and less with canon.

Looking through the old WFRP fluff in 1st edition they make it a point that the Warhammer world is just one such world in time and space. Mine will be one of those other sons.